Hey Guys! Can U Offer Advise?

vallillo1983

hey guys, i am due to finish uni this year and i am wanting to come work in thailand! (i will be an english teacher as thats what my degree is in!) I was all set up for it, and lately i've been put off! I wanna move somewhere where life is great for gays!!

Can i ask, is 35,000baht really alot in BKK? Also ppl are telling me, thailand is not good if im a serious career teacher and/or i wana visit home once every other year or so to visit family (im from London!)

All i want from life, is to earn enough money to have a great life, with out having to be too frugal and watch what i spend! (as ya prob aware, life in the west is getting harder and harder for have a decent life, even on £24000 a year!!) i want a loving rship! i know here in UK we can get married but its hard to find someone! i wanna hol prob once a year, and a nice apartment! Can i do this in BKK?

I also hear that foreign residents can be asked to leave Thailand at any point! is this true? is there anyway of staying there for life?

Is anyone palnning on staying in thailand for life, or is it enough for just a few years?

Thanks for helping guys, plz reply i will be most greatful!!

//remove email information - lopburi3//

Cheers! xx

hey guys, i am due to finish uni this year and i am wanting to come work in thailand! (i will be an english teacher as thats what my degree is in!) I was all set up for it, and lately i've been put off! I wanna move somewhere where life is great for gays!!

Can i ask, is 35,000baht really alot in BKK? Also ppl are telling me, thailand is not good if im a serious career teacher and/or i wana visit home once every other year or so to visit family (im from London!)

All i want from life, is to earn enough money to have a great life, with out having to be too frugal and watch what i spend! (as ya prob aware, life in the west is getting harder and harder for have a decent life, even on £24000 a year!!) i want a loving rship! i know here in UK we can get married but its hard to find someone! i wanna hol prob once a year, and a nice apartment! Can i do this in BKK?

I also hear that foreign residents can be asked to leave Thailand at any point! is this true? is there anyway of staying there for life?

Is anyone palnning on staying in thailand for life, or is it enough for just a few years?

Cheers! xx

Hi there,

35.000 baht is not much. But I believe it's around the average for an English teacher in Bangkok. I guess like you already stated, if you are a serious carreer teacher, Thailand is not for you (you could make more in your home country easily, and live more confortable).

Depending on where you are going to be based in Bangkok, a decent apartment ranges from 10.000 baht to 30.000 baht. This is just to give you an indication. Of course you can rent places from 2500 baht onwards, but these are by any means not decent, or are far from the city center.

If you really have that teaching degree and certified by education department in your home country, is best to apply a teaching job with international school where they command higher salary in thailand.

More info on this site <we don't do links I'm afraid...KK>

Note : Move your post to teaching forum for further info.

Edited by kenkannif

It sounds like you are well qualified to begin an English teaching career in Thailand. If you did move here and establish a respectable career and kept your nose clean legally and visa-wise, it is unlikely you would be booted out of the country.

Socially, as a younger man, you would have more options relationship-wise as well.

Why not try it out for a spell and see how you like it?

I doubt a few year stint here would damage your future if you decide to bail out.

Hi there,

Congrats on completing you uni course. As a fellow brit I can competely understand you wanting to move out of the UK. The weather, the tax..... etc etc.

Whilst I don't want to put a dampen on things please, please give it some serious thought before you do. I visit every 6 months and have looked into the possibility of living there. Realistically unless you have money to begin with to set yourself up, things will be frugal. You also need to think about the visa side of things as well, which isn't that straight forward if you have to do it yourself.

Now the gay life in Thailand ! Where do I start. :o (I presuming here you havn't been to Thailand or Land of Smile (LOS) before)

Maybe you should read some of the threads in the this forum to get an idea.

You mention you are looking for a loving relationship? Is this with a foreigner or a Thai guy?

If like most of us in this forum you are interested in Thai guys there is a lot to learn in terms of cultural differences. There are money boys, non money boys and many many shades of grey inbetween.

All I will say is in the commercial scene in Bangkok and many other cities is competley different from what you will find on London. The first time I went my jaw dropped on the ground but in a good way and in a way you can't help but smile. I must also point out that on the commercial scene "Baht" is certainly a big factor. I.e having some!

Saying that there are genuine guys out there who like us westerners and find us interesting for who we are and not the contents of our pockets. A lot of the threads prove this.

I suggest maybe when you finish uni go out there for a long holiday and experience it. But as I am learning don't take things too seriously, let the Thai way wash over you and most importantly have fun.

To reply to your post :

I know a young Australia teacher here , he move here for gay life too .

His salary is bit more of 35000 and he work for extra on Friday night .

He has a non money boy boyfriend, well bit rocky at this stage !

This guy, have a special degree for children, and not so many have it here .

You can have many screw here, difficult to look for a love relationship.

35000 is bit low, and surely very low for a nice apartment and nice life ! but slowly you can get better job .

What I am worry is no money is save every month , and one day you will be hit with the reality !

Perhaps came here for new experience for 1-2 years, enjoy your time , and learn some more skills ? but for a carrier I will not do the move .

Cheers! xx

I'm sure you'll do well, if grammar and spelling aren't important parts of your job.

Edited by Grant

If you are a real English Teacher, Thailand is not your place because of two reasons.

1. Money-low salary

2. Jobs- Most schools just want a Native English teacher to be clown in class and perform, so I you think you would need an acting degree not a teaching degree.

I think you should come to Thailand to experience it yourself, but please be aware don't fall in love with Hookers or the girls who look at you as income. Don't think the money girls are only the bar girls either, even a lot of office or normals girls fall under this category.

OP said "I wanna move somewhere where life is great for gays!!" and

" i want a loving rship! i know here in UK we can get married but its hard to find someone!" So he won't be interested in the bar girls anyway I think.

Edited by robitusson

You could also consider universities, the pay isn't much either but it's an interesting option.

At the university where I lecture, there is quite alot of freedom on curriculum, I love the subjects I teach. The university offers accomodation, health insurance, your own office and we are near the beach so it's not a bad deal if you can live frugally.

" i want a loving rship! i know here in UK we can get married but its hard to find someone!" So he won't be interested in the bar girls anyway I think.

And they don't have any male prossies?

Hey! Didn't you hear what IJWT said? No mention of this in the teaching forum, ok? Sheesh!

And they don't have any male prossies?

Hey! Didn't you hear what IJWT said? No mention of this in the teaching forum, ok? Sheesh!

Sorry, Robitusson :o

Why has the OP posted this twice?

One, being just slightly more trollish than the other.

:o What's the story with "Trolls" anyway? How can you tell?

The terrible grammar and spelling of a so-called "qualified english teacher". Why post the same thing twice? The whole thing just seems too far fetched.

The OP is Italian. His grammar and spelling may not be perfect but he doesn't appear to be a troll, merely a little too enthusiastic.