Digital Slr Prices?

kev_o

I'm looking for some advice on prices of digital SLR's in Thailand compared to for exampke Singapore / Dubai. Is there a big difference, is it worth looking outside. Also, where is a good place to find the best deals, I've been looking at the Nikon D200. Any advisce appreciated.

Cheers

Kev

I'm looking for some advice on prices of digital SLR's in Thailand compared to for exampke Singapore / Dubai. Is there a big difference, is it worth looking outside. Also, where is a good place to find the best deals, I've been looking at the Nikon D200. Any advisce appreciated.

Cheers

Kev

Singapore and Dubai don't have the best price on adv to prof digital cameras. I bought my camera while in transit in Singapore (just because it was newly launched and couldn't find it in Middle East) and I lived in Dubai for a while (don't ever get tempted with free tax).

In Bangkok (specific store/URL hughden mentioned) is cheaper. But if you want more cheaper, try jpckemang.com store in Jakarta. Use currency at xe.com as reference. The price can be up to 10000 Baht cheaper than here, though they haven't list D200 price yet (upon request).

One thing in Dubai (Salam store, Wafi mall) that I find the cheapest anywhere (including US) is when I bought Manfrotto tripod+head (190PROB + 322RC2) for 720 AED (about 7200 THB). Just yesterday I checked at fotofile for 9000 THB.

Edited by xty

Cheers

Kev

In Bangkok (specific store/URL hughden mentioned) is cheaper. But if you want more cheaper, try jpckemang.com store in Jakarta. Use currency at xe.com as reference. The price can be up to 10000 Baht cheaper than here, though they haven't list D200 price yet (upon request).

Just checked at ek-gadgets.com (Jakarta), they offer 17.75 millions Rupiahs for D200 (about 75500 THB or 1925 USD). However don't know if they have stock.

I've bought some equipment from Basik in the past. I've found they have the cheapest prices, but I highly doubt they have the D200 in stock (or even recieved yet).

If you want a D200 now, try Niks Thailand. I bought mine from there. Prices are about average, but they are the Nikon distributor for Thailand and stock (most of the time) anything and everything Nikon.

Side note though, unless you reserved your D200 already (down payment?), it's very unlikely you'll get the chance to buy one now. They're selling extremely fast (for a good reason), and all the ones that have been sold so far (so I'm told) have all already been previously reserved.

Items from Photofile will have a official guarantee.

Is the same true in Jakarta?

Mind you, for a 10,000 baht saving I might not mind.

For a few baht less in KL it is not worth the hassle later.

Wherever you buy, be sure to know your local prices beforehand.

Items from Photofile will have a official guarantee.

Is the same true in Jakarta?

Mind you, for a 10,000 baht saving I might not mind.

For a few baht less in KL it is not worth the hassle later.

Wherever you buy, be sure to know your local prices beforehand.

AFAIK, both jpckemang.com and ek-gadgets.com usually they offer 2 kinds of products (same case when buying mobile phone) with slightly different prices: official (warranty by local distributor or international) and grey market (store warranty only). Check with them for sure before buying.

I agree. If the difference is not much and you really care about warranty then don't bother to buy out of the country.

If you ever happen to go visit Japan try Yodobashi camera in Shinjuku or in Akihabara (Tokyo). While not necessarily cheaper than Fotofile, I don't believe you can find a reseller with wider range of photographic equipments to offer than Yodobashi anywhere else in the world. Their camera bag section or the tripod section is bigger than Foto File and Foto Thailand in MBK combined.

I've just heard from one of the fotofile staff last weekend that they also buy many items in bulk from Yodobashi. But then I don't know how they can offer warranty for products they bought from resellers in Japan.

I also heard some shop in Bangkok is selling new EOS 5D for 90,000+ Baht, but they didn't tell me where.

I've just heard from one of the fotofile staff last weekend that they also buy many items in bulk from Yodobashi. But then I don't know how they can offer warranty for products they bought from resellers in Japan.

maybe local distributor doesn't dare enough to buy in bulk, but fotofile does, so they make somekind of arrangement. don't know.

I also heard some shop in Bangkok is selling new EOS 5D for 90,000+ Baht, but they didn't tell me where.

5D for 90K? that's pretty ###### cheap! i wouldn't mind to buy if i had the money, i don't care if it's grey product or stolen as long as 100% new.