Aa Insurance

seedy

I have dealt with the Pattaya branch 1996 - 2010 and the Chiang Mai branch since then.

Great staff - Tik can do most everything, speaks very good English.

Manfred is the man to see for medical, life and accident insurance - great knowledge of the ins and outs of the biz.

Highly recommended.

I used to use them, found them when they were Thai Visa Insurance, but I found the rate for my bike to be noncompetitive.

I do admit how ever, that if you don't have a switched on "other half" who is Thai, I would trust them much more than the average company and there stuff are switched on. I thin it is Khun Peter in the Pattaya office who has some very down to earth advice, actually told me not to change my health insurance and lost his cut kind of thing, he was thinking of me first 100%. I have used them for travel insurance for my other half, and they were good for that.

The policy for my scooter was very expensive though, but after saying that, in hind sight I should have asked them find a cheaper one. I just moved it over to the same company doing the car and it was less than half the price. Maybe the duel policies helped, but I could not have done that with out frustation, misses did it.

but I found the rate for my bike to be noncompetitive.

I had the same experience, but asked them to check again with a second company. Seems that they go to the company you last had a policy from, and that is the answer you receive. The second quote was less than the first one.

That being said - I purchase insurance from the point of view of the service this company will provide if I get injured, have an accident, etc.

On that basis I trust AA - and Manfred in particular - to come thru for me.

I have never made a claim, so have no first hand experience.

But the same as hiring a lawyer - trust plays a big part of the decision.

Indeed Peter is very helpful and really knows his stuff. We use them for some policies and other agents for other policies. I don't think we have ever had a motorcycle insurance policy through them so I can't comment on prices but overall motorcycle insurance is very reasonable here. Peter is the principal and has been there for years and is the guy to speak with if you are having a problem.

^^

"I purchase insurance from the point of view of the service this company will provide if I get injured, have an accident, etc. On that basis I trust AA - and Manfred in particular - to come thru for me." huh.png

Hmm...it's not AA who has to come thru; but the Ins Co. they brokered for you.

And besides, how can you come up with that statement if as you say: " I have never made a claim, so have no first hand experience".

Sounds like an olde boys' club not unlike the many embassy staff congratulatory circles glad-handing one another over yet another year of 'service' - NOT.

• Like 1

^^

"I purchase insurance from the point of view of the service this company will provide if I get injured, have an accident, etc. On that basis I trust AA - and Manfred in particular - to come thru for me." huh.png

Hmm...it's not AA who has to come thru; but the Ins Co. they brokered for you.

And besides, how can you come up with that statement if as you say: " I have never made a claim, so have no first hand experience".

Sounds like an olde boys' club not unlike the many embassy staff congratulatory circles glad-handing one another over yet another year of 'service' - NOT.

Yup, to me the whole thread reads like an advert. Does it even belong here? Where's the moderator?

• Like 1