Australia To Thai Mobile Rates

wozza

If you have a broadband connection and regularly call Thai mobiles, I would suggest to sign up for Stanaphone.com. It cost 7,1 US cents a min and they give you a real New York phone number. If you have a sipura 2000 phone adapter, the quality is excellent. I have also used their softphone, but the quality is not as good then.

THAILAND 66 0.0866 0.10

THAILAND MOBILE 66 1, 40-41, 47-51, 6, 70-72, 78-79, 9 0.0866 0.10

www.tpg.com.au ,virtual phonecard That is 8.6c per minute and 10c connection.

similar rates available on voip

I use their voip, the connection package is good too. I am just a customer.

Just hope the setup is good because their call centre is in India. You have to make a lot of noise to speak to someone in Au, the Indians see it as a loss of face if they have to refer back to Au and will lie about availability of someone in Au.

Edited by Chang_paarp

• 2 weeks later...

We use a card called Panda. In sydney most asian shops will charge you $9 for a $10 card , $18 for a $20 card or $45 for a $50 card. With our $10 card we get anywhere from 130 minutes to 150 minutes talk time to a mobile phone in Nakhon Si Thammarat. I'm not sure why it varies so much but it is still pretty good value.

$9 divided by 130 minutes = 7 cents minute. Plus each time you call you get charged the cost of a local call.

SS

• 3 weeks later...

Hi MM,

I've often seen great rates for phone cards and later find out that there are some hidden fees or the low rates only apply during certain hours.

I think you have struck a good one there as there doesn't seem to be any nasties! :o

Joy Phone Card

That site gives a bit of a discount too.

Cheers YBB

Edit:

Only thing I noticed is that Two minute increment charges apply whereas the PennyTel has one second increments.

Edited by Youbloodybeauty

Tried to call penny tell but get an out of order tone and tried to send an email but it bounced back

Is this company still in business?

Wozza,

We rang using their VOIP (ie: not pennycard) last Thursday and it was fine.

Just one thing, when/if you register (I think it's $10 min) make sure you use an ISP email account, NOT a free Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail or whatever. It will make signing up quicker as PennyTel will want to contact you if you use a free email account.

There is loads of talk here about using VOIP in Oz:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-threads.cfm?f=107

There have been some complaints about setting up/registering on PennyTel in the past but for the price it's probably worth the trouble. I think it's mainly using a free email account but don't know why that was a problem for PennyTel.

BTW you can view all your call details on the site.

YBB