Rice Deals With China Fake: Thai Democrats

webfact

Today Bloomberg news: Thailand surpasses India in global rice sales!

Actually, they haven't.

It's a future projection.

(For future reference, it's always good to supply a link when citing news) wink.png

http://www.bloomberg...pile-sales.html

A future projection based on the Gov to Gov deals that have turned out to be crap???

Who was the government expecting to fool ? We all know that democrat leader Abhisit is an expert in fake documents biggrin.png

You mean, probably, that the democrat leader is plastered by fake documents produced by ........................

Rising Thai supplies may increase competition among Asian producers and pressure prices that have risen 1.2 percent in Chicago this year.

http://www.businessw...stockpile-sales

Cool!, at that rate Thailand is going to make a profit in a mere 42 years or so!

That's the beauty of this scam. The average voter thinks that as long as the rice hasn't been sold, it could still be sold at a profit...hence, as long as there is no loss reported, there might be no loss.

THAT's the reason they are not selling rice...blink.png

The time to hoard is when no-one else has what it is you are hoarding.

The trouble here is that apparently the world is awash with lovely rice.

It will be interesting to see what happens to all this stored rice and to hear the fantastic stories about sales the Commerce & Finance Ministers make up.

There will be enough BS to fertilize thousands of rai of rice fields.

• Like 1

Rising Thai supplies may increase competition among Asian producers and pressure prices that have risen 1.2 percent in Chicago this year.

http://www.businessw...stockpile-sales

Cool!, at that rate Thailand is going to make a profit in a mere 42 years or so!

That's the beauty of this scam. The average voter thinks that as long as the rice hasn't been sold, it could still be sold at a profit...hence, as long as there is no loss reported, there might be no loss.

THAT's the reason they are not selling rice...blink.png

Might be, being the operative phrase.

There could be a crop failure somewhere in the world, but even China and India s static stock is full up.

All they can do is limit the loss i fear. More stock coming soon too. What a screw up. They should have quoterd the volume available for pledge and cut of the excess.

But now they have the worst of all systems.

• Like 1

Many previous reports has the government trying to manipulate world markets, with this scam and even holding out for a major natural disasters to hit. Thats when the rice will be released and for some handsome profits, according to the genius in charge. Waiting to pray on a nation that has been devastated by a natural disaster. Is that called Thainess? Or PTPness?

Edited by dcutman

Also, he said, the rice has not gone anywhere but is being stored in Siam President's warehouse in Phichit, he said. There are some 400,000 sacks of rice in the facility, collected between May 5 and July 16, he added.

Look like the Thai population will be eating stale rice for the forseeable future and paying a premium for it.

I know the Brain is slow, so maybe someone can help me out with this.

They sell 5 Million tonne of rice. Instead of 1500 Bht per sack they receive only 300 Bht, yet they make 20 Billion profit ?

I always thought that if you recieve less than you claim to have received, that's called a loss.

They sell 5 Million tonne of rice. Instead of 1500 Bht per sack they receive only 300 Bht, yet they make 20 Billion profit ?

I always thought that if you recieve less than you claim to have received, that's called a loss.

"they" are the ones, who receive the goods for 300, not the government sellers.

Allright, but if the government claims that they have sold 5 million tonnes at 1500 Bht a sack, they must have a listing on the balance sheet that shows that amount of money received.

Allright, but if the government claims that they have sold 5 million tonnes at 1500 Bht a sack, they must have a listing on the balance sheet that shows that amount of money received.

So far apparently the price of the g to g contracts are secret, and according to this story don't actually exist.

Like you could hide 5mn tonnes of anything and no one notices. All of these g to g contracts are to be delivered over one year or more timeframe. How much you reckon a pyramid in Egypt weighs?

So basically someone has access to 5mn tonnes that he will pay 300 baht a sack for whenever a contract really appears. If so, yes someone stands to reap quite a merry windfall.

Not to worry, they will make it up on bolumn

Not to worry, they will make it up on bolumn

Edit: volumn

But the rice will still be there, the warehouses full to bursting, year after year.

There is no one with a shortage anywhere at the moment.

Thailand, Hub of warehouses bursting with unwanted rice-stocks ? rolleyes.gif

But it is of course all down yet-again to those dastardly foreigners, not having enough disasters to enable PTP to flog off their ageing rice, to the starving/desperate masses ! wink.png