True Visions Changes Next Month

rixalex

Along with this month's magazine, there was a pull-out explaining some changes coming next month to both the magazine lay-out and to the on screen program guide. One thing that really frustrates me with these new HD boxes is that you don't get any details with series programmes regarding episode. If you record a complete series with the hard drive, when you go to watch them, you have no idea in what sequence to watch. Anybody have any idea if this issue is going to be rectified?

I think they're just trying to hide the loss of the premier league rights among a lot of blah blah.

I did think that too initially but then thought about the time it takes this company to do anything, even put together a two page pull-out, and decided it was probably something they had been working on before the Premier League lost bid business.

I think they're just trying to hide the loss of the premier league rights among a lot of blah blah.

I did think that too initially but then thought about the time it takes this company to do anything, even put together a two page pull-out, and decided it was probably something they had been working on before the Premier League lost bid business.

Speed of light is not at all unusual for cover-ups. :(

Whatever the reason, it was long overdue. And I'm looking forward to the new lay-out. I hope the HD channels will get their proper schedule.

The Premiere magazine has also less and less English translations for important announcements/changes. The page pull-out was truly bi-lingual. A move I appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Well i received my True Visions magazine for this month with the revamped styling that they were vaunting last month, and it is about a third of the size as the old one - with about the same amount of advertising - and for each given day, there is now just half a page, which gives the times of programmes for each channel, but only evening programmes! Where has information for morning and afternoon programmes disappeared to? Have i got a freak publication or is everyone's like this? And of the few programmes it does list, no extra information over the old magazine. Same goes for on screen tv guide - still no information on series number. Am i missing something or has True Visions taken yet another step back?

The new magazine for January is terrible, much worse than the old one. Half a page for each day, what use is that? The information for the HBO channel for yesterday consisted of 5 words for only 2 movies at 19.20 and 21.00 !!! Why do they even bother producing it with this level of detail, for the adverts i suppose.

The new magazine for January is terrible, much worse than the old one. Half a page for each day, what use is that? The information for the HBO channel for yesterday consisted of 5 words for only 2 movies at 19.20 and 21.00 !!! Why do they even bother producing it with this level of detail, for the adverts i suppose.

There have been a few letters in the Bangkok post from people complaining about the new true magasine and there was finally a reply from a representative of True.

Basically, he/she said that:

1.True offer an app for all smartphones that gives the complete schedule for the next 7 days.

2.Their new box also shows the complete scheduling for the next 7 days and you can even set reminders.

3. If you really want a paper version then you can call and ask for one.

Regarding "1". I haven't seen the app and not everyone has a smartphone.

"2" It's so bloody difficult and time consuming to use. The idea is good but in practice it doesn't work.

"3" There was a reply letter today from a guy who called the given telephone number only to be told that True do not produce a paper version of the complete schedule and will never do so.

True employees live in their own little world and do whatever they want to do with total disrespect for their customers.

I can't wait for the competition to heat up.

• Like 2

There have been a few letters in the Bangkok post from people complaining about the new true magasine and there was finally a reply from a representative of True.

Basically, he/she said that:

1.True offer an app for all smartphones that gives the complete schedule for the next 7 days.

2.Their new box also shows the complete scheduling for the next 7 days and you can even set reminders.

3. If you really want a paper version then you can call and ask for one.

Regarding "1". I haven't seen the app and not everyone has a smartphone.

"2" It's so bloody difficult and time consuming to use. The idea is good but in practice it doesn't work.

"3" There was a reply letter today from a guy who called the given telephone number only to be told that True do not produce a paper version of the complete schedule and will never do so.

True employees live in their own little world and do whatever they want to do with total disrespect for their customers.

I can't wait for the competition to heat up.

Thanks for the info. Completely agree.

With regards number 2, i have always had 7 day on screen tv guide, so not sure why they speak of this as being some sort of new feature. The difference is, between the old box and the new HD one, is that there is no longer any information about episode, so for example you may see that at 3pm, 7pm and 2am today they are showing House Series 7, but you'll have no idea if these three showings will be the same episode, or all three different, and you'll have no idea if this is the beginning of the series, the middle or the end. This is just as frustrating when your record stuff on the hard drive, as i do, because when you go back to watch a series you have recorded, you'll have no idea in what sequence to watch. You can try going through it chronologically, from oldest recording to newest, but sometimes throughout a week they'll be showing different stages of a series on different days.

TV listing magazines are a bit old fashioned these days, so True's move has some logic to it. Do Sky publish a magazine in the UK?

Far more important to me, is the silence from CTH regarding next season's Premier League. Will they sell on any games to True or will fans need to dump True and sign up for CTH (and how will this affect those of us who live in condos)?

TV listing magazines are a bit old fashioned these days, so True's move has some logic to it. Do Sky publish a magazine in the UK?

Not sure i agree with that. Bit old fashioned perhaps yes, but with all the advertising they stuff in the thing, it must pretty much pay for itself, so not like it costs them much, and seeing as there remain issues for customers with both getting the info from the net and from the on screen TV guide, they are ditching it prematurely... at least in the opinion of this customer...

Far more important to me, is the silence from CTH regarding next season's Premier League. Will they sell on any games to True or will fans need to dump True and sign up for CTH (and how will this affect those of us who live in condos)?

Still eight months to go. Wait until there are eight days, then you might get some news... wink.png

Still eight months to go. Wait until there are eight days, then you might get some news... wink.png

Unfortunately I think you're right! And then it will be too late for condos to organise a cable link, even if the infrastructure to do so exists!

Hopefully, once this season is ending there will be enough of an uproar to get things moving, rather like with the Euros in the summer. I still think (or rather hope) CTH will sell on the rights for at least one game a day to True - hopefully in HD and with an English commentary!

Unfortunately I think you're right! And then it will be too late for condos to organise a cable link, even if the infrastructure to do so exists!

Hopefully, once this season is ending there will be enough of an uproar to get things moving, rather like with the Euros in the summer. I still think (or rather hope) CTH will sell on the rights for at least one game a day to True - hopefully in HD and with an English commentary!

The uproar with the Euros didn't achieve anything as far as i can recall with regards True, did it?

Only place I have found season and episode numbers, is this website

http://www.truevisio...t=1281779882390

Yes thanks, i do use their website. One of the problems with it though is, if you are in the habit of recording stuff on the hard drive, you end up with programming from a month or so back, and no way to check episode numbers. All it would take is providing this info on the on screen tv guide. They used to.

The uproar with the Euros didn't achieve anything as far as i can recall with regards True, did it?

Nope. But there was an uproar, and if the EPL is not going to be widely available there will be another one which hopefully will be effective.

Nope. But there was an uproar, and if the EPL is not going to be widely available there will be another one which hopefully will be effective.

There is uproar every year though. There was uproar when the World Cup was broadcast without English commentary. There was uproar when True ditched BBC Prime. There was uproar when True ditched Champions League.

I'm just not convinced uproar means much to these people.

If you care to check on www.nationmultimedia.com you will find that Truevisions have already stated that they have no intention of sub leasing the premier league transmissions from CTH next season and will concentrate on new programming in HD to keep their viewers (best of luck with that chaps), so get ready to ditch your subscriptions around the end of May 2013.

Edited by nbm47
  • Like 1

If you care to check on www.nationmultimedia.com you will find that Truevisions have already stated that they have no intention of sub leasing the premier league transmissions from CTH next season and will concentrate on new programming in HD to keep their viewers (best of luck with that chaps), so get ready to ditch your subscriptions around the end of May 2013.

They have no intention of trying to do something that would keep a lot of their customers happy and retain the business of those customers... says it all.

True Visions... we don't give a sh1t what you think.

They have no intention of trying to do something that would keep a lot of their customers happy and retain the business of those customers... says it all.

I'm as annoyed as anyone that True no longer have the EPL rights for Thailand, but you can hardly blame them for not paying the astronomical amount that CTH have agreed to pay. I blame the whole system of sports rights holders being able to sell to the highest bidder, even if the amount is ridiculous and the buyer doesn't have the infrastructure to actually show the product! The EPL do not, unsurprisingly, give a monkeys about the actual Thai viewing public - it's all about the money.

I'm as annoyed as anyone that True no longer have the EPL rights for Thailand, but you can hardly blame them for not paying the astronomical amount that CTH have agreed to pay. I blame the whole system of sports rights holders being able to sell to the highest bidder, even if the amount is ridiculous and the buyer doesn't have the infrastructure to actually show the product! The EPL do not, unsurprisingly, give a monkeys about the actual Thai viewing public - it's all about the money.

What makes you think the amount is astronomical? I think True got EPL pretty cheaply last time because there wasn't much competition. And if you look at what CTH have paid, and consider the number of years they will have it for and the potential number of customers there are, i don't think they'll have trouble making money, providing they can sort out the infrastructure.

What makes you think the amount is astronomical? I think True got EPL pretty cheaply last time because there wasn't much competition. And if you look at what CTH have paid, and consider the number of years they will have it for and the potential number of customers there are, i don't think they'll have trouble making money, providing they can sort out the infrastructure.

I'd say 200 million UK pounds is astronomical, when True paid 30 million pounds last time!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2235461/Premier-League-celebrate-whopping-200m-Thai-deal.html

I'd say 200 million UK pounds is astronomical, when True paid 30 million pounds last time!

http://www.dailymail...-Thai-deal.html

30m for three years, 10m a year.. considering the amount of interest in EPL, as i say, that sounds pretty cheap to me.

CTH have paid 200m for the next three years. So about 70m per year. If they can get let's say 3m subscribers paying 10 pounds a month (500baht), that would be 30m pounds a month, 360m a year. Pretty healthy profit wouldn't you say? Even if we go conservative and say they only manage 1m subscribers, they'll still be making about 50m pounds a year.

Ah, some good news about True Visions. They've lost the EPL, which means that many people will cancel their sub, which means True will lose a lot of money, which is what they deserve for being such a poor service for the money they charge.

Why does anyone with half a brain pay for their programming, which at best is mediocre, and which is largely trash? Now you can get an immense amount of excellent information and entertainment on YouTube in high quality, so why pay silly money for the True Visions drivel?

For the news, did somebody say? You can get it online on BBC radio and many others for free. Who needs the pictures? What do they usually tell you? Very little more than you can get from the radio news.

http://www.dailymail...-Thai-deal.html

The UK rights have gone from 1.7 BILLION to 3.2 BILLION, and you call 200 MILLION astronomical?

The Middle East went for $180 million last time, they still haven't announced who's got the new deal yet - with Qatar, Abu Dhabi and possibly Saudi Arabia bidding, who knows how much that will jump?

Yes thank you for this post and I did check the reference and its right True are saying they have no intention of sub-leasing so clearly the Premiership has gone from True.

So for those of us who want to see the Premiership on our home screens for the 2013-14 season when is the time to subscribe to CTH and is it guaranteed they will be showing the matches on their system next season?

Thank you.