Television U/s

Help please!

My 6 year old Samsung flatscreen TV has suddenly decided to stay switched off. It's dead, no switch on light.

Before I go rushing out to Home-Pro for a replacement I would like to know if it can be fixed.

Can anyone recommend a TV repairman who will come out to the house to have a look at it?

Cheers, Gator sad.png

I was just looking for something else and came across this... obviously a common problem, with Samsung !!! Easy to fix according to this, not that I would want to try!!!wink.png

....(audio is awful)

My high end quality, Acer, computer monitor has just done the same w00t.gif That's why I need to find Power Buy, at the New Central Plaza in Surratthanii City apparently they have a service dept there... for computer screens... (maybe TV's too... ?) ... No one can do locally, from asking around I did today... unless any of you guys or gals know! ???

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the response! I didn't realise that there was a Samsung shop on Samui!

I habe just made some enquiries and understand that it has now moved from Nathon to Bhoput so will see what they have to say on Monday.biggrin.png

6 years is pretty good to be honest. Nothing lasts very long in Thailand including relationships though I would have to admit the 1500w PSU on my PC has lasted 18 months now, I think I'm on borrowed time really.

Yes I agree. The thing that really bugs me are the remote controllers, they seem to have a built in destruct device.

The batteries in them leak in no time as well. bah.gif

Thanks everyone for the response! I didn't realise that there was a Samsung shop on Samui!

I habe just made some enquiries and understand that it has now moved from Nathon to Bhoput so will see what they have to say on Monday.biggrin.png

Had good service from them...the wife's phone quit working and took it there for repair and was free (the phone was bought in BKK six months ago).

6 years is pretty good to be honest. Nothing lasts very long in Thailand including relationships though I would have to admit the 1500w PSU on my PC has lasted 18 months now, I think I'm on borrowed time really.

Yes I agree. The thing that really bugs me are the remote controllers, they seem to have a built in destruct device.

The batteries in them leak in no time as well. bah.gif

With you on that. The remote for my aircon appears to have tossed its toys out of the perambulator so the landlady (not someone who is given to do anything unless repeatedly pressed to do so) is going to need to hard wire it.

• Like 1