Ais 1-2-Call New Quick Credit Expiry Scam

jcw

I also have been frustrated like jcw as I hardly use my phone at all, but in this day and age we all need one.

I just topped up my card 100baht and got a validity for only 15 days. So I just tried *500*9# and got an extra 30 days on top of the 15.

I checked out the link supplied by lomatopo http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/prepaid-ais-shop.html and at the bottom of the table is what I am after.......any top up gives 365 days validity.

I am only guessing here......but do you need to go into one of their stores to get this done or can you do it online somehow?

Cheers.

All I get is 7 days with each top up, I had over 60 bht credit, so sent text to the 500 star 9 number, they took 50 bht and extended by 14 days. Not very good!!

I am confused....I topped up 100b recently and it is valid till dec 2013......so whats the deal.

You have done well, according the ais e-service I have had my number for 5yrs-8 mths, my average top up per month is usually 4000b. mine is valid till july 2013.

It seems, that as always, the translation by AIS is crappy.

I think, in the Thai version of the website, they list the different Sim's in the left column.

So the extension lenght depends on the Sim, you use....maybe.... rolleyes.gif

post-158247-0-87941900-1354933477_thumb.

Time for a new Sim-card, me thinking

Edited by Turkleton

I am confused....I topped up 100b recently and it is valid till dec 2013......so whats the deal.

You have done well, according the ais e-service I have had my number for 5yrs-8 mths, my average top up per month is usually 4000b. mine is valid till july 2013.

If you are using such a large amount of credit each month I suggest you get on to AIS and ask about the service that allows you free calls to any AIS mobile (AIS being the most popular in Thalland). You can decide the time zone you want either 5am to 5pm or 5pm to 5am. Initially to have this service it is 250B and there after it is 200B per month. You get a text message a couple of days before expiry of the service to remind you to make sure you have the 200B on your phone for them to deduct and continue the service.

The other thing the OP could do is put a fair amount of credit on his phone then transfer the credit to friends who have AIS. Ok you have a transfer charge (my wife says it is 3B for any amount transferred) but you keep your time.

If you are using such a large amount of credit each month I suggest you get on to AIS and ask about the service that allows you free calls to any AIS mobile (AIS being the most popular in Thalland). You can decide the time zone you want either 5am to 5pm or 5pm to 5am. Initially to have this service it is 250B and there after it is 200B per month. You get a text message a couple of days before expiry of the service to remind you to make sure you have the 200B on your phone for them to deduct and continue the service.

"local" calls would make up less than 1% of my usage.

I also have been frustrated like jcw as I hardly use my phone at all, but in this day and age we all need one.

I just topped up my card 100baht and got a validity for only 15 days. So I just tried *500*9# and got an extra 30 days on top of the 15.

I checked out the link supplied by lomatopo http://www.ais.co.th...d-ais-shop.html and at the bottom of the table is what I am after.......any top up gives 365 days validity.

I am only guessing here......but do you need to go into one of their stores to get this done or can you do it online somehow?

Cheers.

Sorry guys what I did fail to mention, was that I had credit of over 300 Baht when the expiry date was due.....frustrated the same as jcw, so I topped up with the 100 Baht and when I used the 500 9 number they took 30 baht off my credit.

Cheers.

While we are at it ...can somebody who knows advise me the correct procedure/numbers to input for transferring credit to another phone....have looked on the website but it is not 100% clear.

So the extension lenght depends on the Sim, you use....maybe.... rolleyes.gif

Yes, sim or callplan you have. My AIS has old plan name Un Un. Everytime I top up, I get validity 1 year from that day I top up. Same goes for dtac/happy, old sim name Happy China New Year (?), 1 year when top up.

While we are at it ...can somebody who knows advise me the correct procedure/numbers to input for transferring credit to another phone....have looked on the website but it is not 100% clear.

*120 or *140....try both, I always forget which.

I just topped up 100b....current till 8 dec 2013.

• Like 1

Mao 30 Baht get 30 days validity and free call 30 minutes within 5 days

Mao Mao just 30 Baht get 30 days validity and free call 30 minutes for all net work within 5 days.

Apparently *500*9# is this ? 30baht for 30days extension. More expensive but worth to consider if you want to keep the current number

"local" calls would make up less than 1% of my usage.

I would suggest using a VOIP provider like callcentric to curb the call bill. You must have some very important calls.

• 2 weeks later...

Last December I paid Telewitz at TUKCOM (Pattaya) 300 baht to make my validity good until Dec 24th 2012. I stopped at Telewitz BIG-C South Pattaya the 21st Dec 2012 expecting to pay another 300 baht and get a years validity: Sorta Outa Luck this time around. Girl said only 30 days per 200 baht; would I like to pay 2400 baht today? I was dumb founded.

Girl friend gave me 20 days validity from her 1-2-call and cost her 3 baht. I used Kasikorn to top up my 1-2-call 200 bahts worth and got 30 days validity. I then called the *500*9# and got another 30 days for 30 bahts. I'm guessing that the cheapest is have someone else with lots of phone usage to transfer 20 days at a time to you. I don't know how often this 20 days can be transferred. I also don't know how many times I can do the *500*9# to extend 30 days at a time paying 30 bahts each time.

Note that you also get 30 minutes of calls over 5 days for the *500*9# @ 30 baht service, in addition to extending the validity 30 days.

The NBTC has expressed a desire for any/all validity dates to be removed, making it so that a SIM never expires. However they will run out of number fairly quickly, so maybe they can add a usage requirement? Any SIM unused say for 90 days can be recycled?

The One-2-Call/Tesco SIM does give 60 days for any top-up of 50 baht or more, in addition to call bonuses ranging from 5% to 20%.

http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/simcard-Tescolotus.html

The Nan Jung SIM gives 60 days with any top-up of 10 baht or more.

http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/sawasdee-sabai.html

Note that you also get 30 minutes of calls over 5 days for the *500*9# @ 30 baht service, in addition to extending the validity 30 days.

The NBTC has expressed a desire for any/all validity dates to be removed, making it so that a SIM never expires. However they will run out of number fairly quickly, so maybe they can add a usage requirement? Any SIM unused say for 90 days can be recycled?

The One-2-Call/Tesco SIM does give 60 days for any top-up of 50 baht or more, in addition to call bonuses ranging from 5% to 20%.

http://www.ais.co.th...Tescolotus.html

http://www.ais.co.th...sdee-sabai.html

Thanks for the clear information about this. Certainly seems worthwhile switching as I don't use my phone too much and resent their little expiry scheme.

Does anyone know if you can transfer your existing pre-pay number to another pre-pay SIM ?

Edited by RandomSand

Does anyone know if you can transfer your existing pre-pay number to another pre-pay SIM ?

Yes, you can port-in pre-paid here - it is called MNP (Mobile Number Portability) but I am not certain you can port-in to a specialized, promotional SIM like the Tesco Lotus one?

Yes but unfortunately only if:

FREE Bonus! When you refill online at Tesco Lotus or via mPAY

But 1.10 Baht/minute for calls seems to be ok.

Sounds good...but confusing (like always) call rates tongue.png

EDIT: seems to be 2.14 for first minute and 1.07 for each additional.

I don't know how often this 20 days can be transferred.

From AIS website:

There is no limit on the number of times and days to process Validity Transfer Service and recipient would accumulate total of up to 365 validity days

Edited by Turkleton

Mine is also up to 12/13, mind you I top up with a minimum of Bt700 and promptly use it to get 3G for a month, so that helps.

As I said in another post though, the last time I topped up at Swampy, the lady told me I was on a package that was charging me Bt30 a month for Edge, even though I neither wanted nor used it; she fixed that for me (or I'll find out if she did on Friday night when I land!). I've had the same number for about 4 years, and I only visit 3-4 times a year with as much as 6 months in between.