Goodbye Thaivisa

McMagus

Well I guess it was only a matter of time. I have lived here for yonks and visited Tv heaps of times without posting however this year I thought I would post for a bit of fun. Such a disappointment. One reason I never used to post was the Thai bashing .. it still goes on but other issues are forcing my hand. In a country where the censorship laws are extreme to say the least it is often hard to find reasoned public debate. As a consequence Tv will never be able to respond to anything newsworthy without having its hands tied so to speak. To be fair it is a forum, not a news agency. Farming and travel forums etc. are fine but general topics really have become just another opportunity for rants and bile. Moderators, to you I understand you have a difficult job but in my opinion I don't see an even handed approach. With power comes responsibility, perhaps you need to reflect a little deeper on what you are about.

Chok dii

Mac.

• Like 2

This is the third thread like this in a week.

All lemmings please exit this way ---------->>>>>>>

Maybe the wrong guy is exiting. Maybe it's you who should "exit this way ---------->>>>>>>".

It's hard to have a decent forum when the most vocal are the most inconsequential.

Only in fascism we cannot criticize people with power in hand.

But not only in TV but in all forums in this internet world it s mostly forbidden to criticize mods.

Why we cannot criticize mods? why they get afraid of criticizm? I m not sure. It s like they now their actions are not fair?

I mostly find modern time forums like fascist dictatorships with lots of hierarchy and others kissing asses of people who hold the power as even in Roman forums 2000 years ago i m sure there were more freedom of speech.

And i hope i dont get suspended again just bc of my ideas. Mods, this is not directed to TV forum but all forums in internet:D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by loserlazer

I am not crazy about it, but I understand the rule. Other forums have started with the promise of no censorship, but they usually have to change because so many posters abuse it. Blame the trolls, not the forum.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

Maybe the wrong guy is exiting. Maybe it's you who should "exit this way ---------->>>>>>>".

It's hard to have a decent forum when the most vocal are the most inconsequential.

You need to build yourself up Modem, before you let yourself down.

Even worse are the ones who keep on coming back under new names to troll

I love it when people have to announce their departure from a forum with a long winded post. Or even a short one for that matter.

You are free to just stop posting whenever you wish. Just go. No need to tell us all about it, thanks all the same.

• Like 1

Funnily enough I was just talking about this phenomenon the other day. I've only been a member about a year and in that time have had periods where I didn't post at all (one that lasted about 6 months I think) so I don't know if this happens a lot here, but I remember a forum I spent a lot of time on a few years ago where this happened every week or so: someone dramatically announcing their departure. It always sort of baffled me. Especially given how many returned.

I spent a couple years posting on that previously mentioned forum virtually every day and frequently throughout the day. But when I decided that I'd had enough for certain reasons (some having to do with the forum, some with me personally) guess what I did? I stopped posting. For good. No announcement and no farewell.

I'm not having a go at the OP (whose complaints -- as far as I can tell --- are perhaps not entirely without merit), but...well, I guess I'm bit tempted to be a bit critical of this practice...

Personally, I neither see forums nor my participation on them as being of much import (even though there can be some really great things about them -- one can learn things, teach things and meet some fine and interesting folks. And have fun, which is important.). It's just a forum. You're just a poster on it. If you dislike it more than you like it...just go. Don't see the point in making a speech first and frankly, at its worst, I think it's simultaneously pompous and undignified.

• Like 2

I love it when people have to announce their departure from a forum with a long winded post. Or even a short one for that matter.

You are free to just stop posting whenever you wish. Just go. No need to tell us all about it, thanks all the same.

dam_n. While I'm typing out all my boring b**locks, someone comes along and says what I'm trying to say without all the long-windedness.

Edited by SteeleJoe
  • Like 1

I am not crazy about it, but I understand the rule. Other forums have started with the promise of no censorship, but they usually have to change because so many posters abuse it. Blame the trolls, not the forum.

So, you mean banning and removing ideas are the way to get rid of trolls?

It is like burning books just bc they criticize the system.

Edited by loserlazer

I visited Tv heaps of times without posting however this year I thought I would post for a bit of fun. Such a disappointment.

If you visited heaps of times, how could it have been a disappointment? That's like saying after reading the Daily Mail for a few years, you're sorry to discover that the Mail Online comment queue is only populated by mentally unstable, racist nutjobs (in fact, now I think about it, the similarities are more than skin deep).

• Like 2

Even worse are the ones who keep on coming back under new names to troll

you did notice this also??cheesy.gif

Yes suspiciously..these are the one who have much to say, also have much life experience...work in every industry since the war time,

have own many business in Thai, speak perfect thai, was English teacher for years in some university, know everything possible in Thailand and all scam, yet have already married 3 Thai women,

if listen to him he is the ONLY one who did ever truelly conquer a thai woman and have respect of all Thais.

oh, and he nearly always have a funny picture of a old man in his avatarwhistling.gif

• Like 1

Why we cannot criticize mods? why they get afraid of criticizm?

I believe it's to avoid every other thread degenerating into a mod-slagging-off-fest. You see how negative people here are towards Thailand and Thai people? Imagine all that vitriol directed at a few mods, and there wouldn't be any left within a week.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect App

What about all the presidents or prime ministers in this world?

Thet also get criticised more than mods.

How they survive then with all these vitriol?

By banning and removing ideas or what?

Think about it.