Motoaholic In Bkk Called As My New Z1000 Arrived

yankee99

This is the most expensive bike i have ever owned. Well this is thailand and you have to pay the price 591,000 baht. 25% down and 13,601 for 36 months. This was the show rate of 3.49% although i ordered the bike before the show 11/14/2012 . So i waited a little over a month. The delivery was just as they promised.

I originally wanted to but from mityon as i live in pattaya. After talking with them it seems they werent interested. "foriegner can not finance without work permit" "finance rate 9%"

I have been shopping for quite sometime and concluded i will get more use from this style of a bike then a full ss [gsxr,cbr rr, r1]. I guess i am acting my age. My other option would have been to wait for the z800. I could be 200k baht ahead ooh well its only money.

Will post some more soon...

• Like 2

I like z1000 too man. Congrats.

Z800 will be a 230 kg bike - which is a great indicator that it will be made in Thailand:lol: -and z1000 only 219 kg.

Z1000 a bigger cc bike but less weight. How come?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

All the made in thailand bikes that i looked at just seem not to be equal to the euro/japan models. I am not saying that thai bike are inferior just a lower spec. I also have a dtracker 250 and love it,....I am quite interested in the z800 it should still have plenty of power,

Congratulations! Lovely bike.

Of course, be prepared to be accused of being a poser, having way too much bike for Thailand, wasting your money etc. Don't worry though, this type of negativity is pretty much unique to the grumpy old bast***s on TV :)

Post some pics when you have chance...

I like z1000 too man. Congrats.

Z800 will be a 230 kg bike - which is a great indicator that it will be made in Thailand:lol: -and z1000 only 219 kg.

Z1000 a bigger cc bike but less weight. How come?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Z1000 has aluminium frame, Z800 has steel frame, so I would expect quite a bit of difference in weight there alone.

Photos please

Congratulations! Lovely bike.

Of course, be prepared to be accused of being a poser, having way too much bike for Thailand, wasting your money etc. Don't worry though, this type of negativity is pretty much unique to the grumpy old bast***s on TV smile.png

Post some pics when you have chance...

All goes well photos in the am :)

Con grats on the EPIC bike mate.

Fancy I ride out sometime?

I'm in Pattaya and have a GoPro camera fixed to my handle bars so will get a few action shots to put on YouTube??????????

Thanks for the PM way back. I also have a gopro and look forward to riding with you.

Jealousy is a bad thing... Congrats...

I was in Phuket yesterday and I sat on a z1000- she will be a beast... You are lucky sir, I still have to wait until I get back in the end of April... It is a.m. Now, pictures???

i doubt they open at 7.30 :D

Edited by YipYipYa123

Great Choice !! ( I have a 2012 model). It looks pretty cool and is I guess quite easy to ride.

Motoaholic are quite good - will be going for my 18K service on monday at their shop (i'd have the servicing done here if I were you, even those it'd be quite a ride.

Great Choice !! ( I have a 2012 model). It looks pretty cool and is I guess quite easy to ride.

Motoaholic are quite good - will be going for my 18K service on monday at their shop (i'd have the servicing done here if I were you, even those it'd be quite a ride.

How yer doing Karl after Bira that day?

All sorted?

Been here two hours now not sure what they are doing. In their defense they are busy. Also because its the end of the year plates are in limited numbers sad.png They think next year plates may go to four digits. 1000 would be nice.

Arh right, 500 baht extra would get the number of your choice sir :)

3000 for a Ducati!!!

That's what I did on the Kawasaki and Honda :)

Barry Sheene 7 thumbsup.gif

Update plate numbers

"88" "99" were asking 4000 baht

"2" "4" "6" were 2500 baht i took "2" i had the option of going to mochit but time would not allow it.

This dealership must sell a lot of bikes. They keep a finance man from krungsi on the showroom floor. I never financed were all the papers i signed were blank lol!. Really does it matter i cant read thai .

I got my paperwork and we went to the bike. After about 5 minutes of instructions they handed me the keys. " keep rpms @50% first 1000k, start the bike from a straight up posistion, when the gas flashes you have 4 litres, use 91/95 benzine or 95 gasahol, theres a cool switch to flash hi/lo beams and the bike had 0 kilometers. I guess they dont pre test them here in thailand.

• Like 1