Vanity Plates

yankee99

No rego numbers can start with "0", so you can't get "000" or "007" - just "7".

These aren't "vanity plates" like those for cars with a picture background, as the number goes with the bike when you sell it unlike those for cars where you own the number. Prices vary, but officially it only costs around 200 baht to order or change a bike rego number at the DLT; some numbers are popular, so there is often a waiting list.

Guys if your buying a brand new model bike you can pick any number you like at no extra cost,I got the first crf in my Provence and picked number 7 no extra charge.

I will say though when i was gonna buy a klx they wanted 2500 bht to pick number and another 2000 bht to get the bike delivered to the shop I was ready to buy the klx that day but ,I just laughed at them they lost a sale and I held out till the crf was released

Edited by taninthai
  • Like 1

Guys if your buying a brand new model bike you can pick any number you like at no extra cost,I got the first crf in my Provence and picked number 7 no extra charge.

I will say though when i was gonna buy a klx they wanted 2500 bht to pick number and another 2000 bht to get the bike delivered to the shop I was ready to buy the klx that day but ,I just laughed at them they lost a sale and I held out till the crf was released

I am sure you are right. In my case since the bike is financed I am sure they will not let me do the registration myself.

I have decided on 777 .... It would have been nice if they had 4 digits then of course 1000

I am sure you are right. In my case since the bike is financed I am sure they will not let me do the registration myself.

I have decided on 777 .... It would have been nice if they had 4 digits then of course 1000

The dealer did it all for me., I did nothing.

I will pay extra for '555' plate for my cbr500.

I like it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

I would have thought "500" as its a 500.

It is a 470 cc actually.

But putting the cc amount to the plate does not mean anything and sounds little unreasonable for me.

As unreasonable as putting 590 k thb in your plate.:lol:

I like the phonetics of 555 in Thai language.

Especially after over taking bigger bikes and cars.:D

Hahaha.

Edited by loserlazer

I will pay extra for '555' plate for my cbr500.

I like it.

I would have thought "500" as its a 500.

It is a 470 cc actually.

But putting the cc amount to the plate does not mean anything and sounds little unreasonable for me.

As unreasonable as putting 590 k thb in your plate.laugh.png

I like the phonetics of 555 in Thai language.

Especially after over taking bigger bikes and cars.biggrin.png

Hahaha.

I was thinking 'ha ha ha' as well. The Thai's would have gotten the joke. They say my bike is very very lucky. Ducati 999 with 999 number plate :D

These aren't "vanity plates" like those for cars with a picture background, as the number goes with the bike when you sell it unlike those for cars where you own the number. Prices vary, but officially it only costs around 200 baht to order or change a bike rego number at the DLT; some numbers are popular, so there is often a waiting list.

Funnily enough, I saw a bike with 007 plate in Samui in October this year.

maybe it was a fake?

maybe it was a fake?

Well this being Thailand, never say never. :-)