Income Tax Cuts In Thailand Announced This Week

webfact

The only reason why the government is doing it is to maintain popularity vote in order to please the public.

Just choosing the easy way out: if the people of Thailand in debts, just cut the tex rate, give the cars for discount, mind f***^*cking their brains out.

This of course is just a short-term solution which will hurt Thailand's population in the long run with even more public depths in the future

The only reason why the government is doing it is to maintain popularity vote in order to please the public.

Just choosing the easy way out: if the people of Thailand in debts, just cut the tex rate, give the cars for discount, mind f***^*cking their brains out.

This of course is just a short-term solution which will hurt Thailand's population in the long run with even more public depths in the future

Like always: Copy the first world!

Exactly; in recent years my home country went through a tax reform, so that more taxes are collected from all that should be paying, only then, when most of who should be paying did, talks of reducing taxes began. I think that's the responsible way of going around it, instead of the, to give an example, Bush model were they reduced taxes and at the same time increased spending and see how well that worked out eventually.

• Like 1

Good move.....America, take note......

How can they it is a totally different scenario. Thailand is benefiting from growth over recent years and quite a good economy by comparison to most other nations, and that is clearly not true in the USA.

If you do not want to see higher taxes for middle and low income families in the USA then you should indeed support Obama's tax plan (he calls rather sensationalistly the "fiscal cliff") and the majority of US folk will at least then not pay a cent more income tax in 2013 as he wants to put the tax burden wholly, fairly and firmly on the shoulders of the elite mega wealthy,(who are anyway mainly responsible for the whole crises we have been in for several years) who can afford it and will still stay rich for goodness sake. So don't feel sorry for these fat cats but care more about the vast majority of folk who cannot afford a cent more tax in the middle and low income groups.

The wealthy and generally selfish greedy fat cats have clearly had it all set up for them for way too long, so this is some great good news, common sense and moreover fairness and decency for the vast majority of middle and low income US families. Excellent news if the GOP do not block it in congress against the general peoples' interest, so if they do then you know never to vote GOP ever again as they are just pro fat cat rich and not for the people. Not saying the Democrats are angels but just the far lesser of two evils.

Anyway back on topic I must say this is good news for Thailand and will promote more growth too with more money to spend back in ordinary working peoples' pockets.

• Like 1

Like always: Copy the first world!

Copy the first world debt inflation for a bigger Tom yam goong crisischeesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Because, importing the technology WITHOUT INVESTING IN THE PROPER INFRASTRUCTURE IS SOOOO FARANG GOOOD

A co-worker and I sat down and did some rough calculations as to how much we would save under this new tax schedule. It came out to about 3,000 baht or so. While the extra money is nice, it really won't make much difference in my life.

How sure of this are you?

I ran the numbers and someone on 50k a month is 10k a year better off. Or were you talking about a monthly figure?

I'd expect a reasonable chunk of this money to make it back into the economy.

But 10K per year is really not that much as otherstuff said .

That's the point he was making that for people earning 600k pet year, the 10k is not really all that much .

Yes it's still money. But I agree with otherstuff on all the points

I'd expect a reasonable chunk of this money to make it back into the economy.

You are right, with the averge '10k/year more' taxpayer.

But the winner is:

The guy on top of the taxpayer food chain, with some 100k more. Like always, this money will be used for working reasons: work, money, work, get more and more.

Like I wrote: Copy the 1. world, give peanuts to the majority of the people, keep the honey for the minority.

And never explain in absolute numbers, in % is good enough for the precariat!

Edited by noob7

• 1 month later...

The BP has an article with the new tax percentage rates.

Summary:

150-300k: 5%

300-500k:10%

500-750k:15%

750-1mil: 20%

1mil-2mil: 25%

2-4mil: 30%

4mil up: 35%

No real mention of the deductions.

Surely its not that difficult to work out.... You just take the published percentage of the amount in that bracket.

I know how to work out the calculations. What I meant was the personal deductions you can make before calculating taxable income.

The personal deduction, children, life insurance, interest payments etc.

Btw, we cannot find anything on the revenue dept.'s webpage about the new rates for this year.