Thailand-Based Barry Man Publishes First Book ‘Behind The Smile’

kotsak

Next time I would appreciate that an OP explains to the ignorant (like myself) WHAT a Barry man is....whistling.gif

Not everybody around the world knows what the heck a Barry man is.

I found it and suppose it's a man from Barry in Wales/UK, a town of 50K people; not a very interesting town for non-UK people I suppose

If not, pls eleborate

• Like 1

There may be a clue in the link. It goes to the website of The Barry and District News newspaper. whistling.gif

Yes, I noticed that but I'm talking about the title; it should be clear WHAT the heck a Barry man is at first glance; not letting the reader stand in the cold.

If the writer would like to have the book bought by (native) English reading people, at least they should have mentioned "Wales" and the UK; not just Barry man.

WHO would know what Thailand based Barry Man is? blink.png

There may be a clue in the link. It goes to the website of The Barry and District News newspaper. whistling.gif

Yes, I noticed that but I'm talking about the title; it should be clear WHAT the heck a Barry man is at first glance; not letting the reader stand in the cold.

If the writer would like to have the book bought by (native) English reading people, at least they should have mentioned "Wales" and the UK; not just Barry man.

WHO would know what Thailand based Barry Man is? blink.png

Hahaha I thought 'Barry Man' was his name

To be honest:

Is there any non-Thai writer who has written about Thailand or has been based in Thailand in the past 20 years that is actually worth reading? That is, except for the 'Hey, he's been at Soi Cowboy and somebody taught him 3 words of Thai and now he presents them in his book in a cringeworthy transcription as if they were some sort of esoteric knowledge' factor?