Plane Spotting - The Quiz

David48

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simpang's also home to the RMAF, no?

Yes they are still there but allow the flying club to operate from the site.

It's a great city to fly over and land in a light aircraft.

I like KL as it feels a lot more relaxed than BKK>

That 'which Airport am I ?' ... great addition ... thumbsup.gif

I'm back at the Farm under the approach to Swampy.

But in Summer, the wind, so far, seems to blow from the South, thus they take off over our place and not land.

By the time they are overhead they are too high and it's difficult to get a decent shot.

That 'which Airport am I ?' ... great addition ... thumbsup.gif

I'm back at the Farm under the approach to Swampy.

But in Summer, the wind, so far, seems to blow from the South, thus they take off over our place and not land.

By the time they are overhead they are too high and it's difficult to get a decent shot.

That statement will be ringing bells at CIA headquartersclap2.gif

Actually, when I was out there this morning they had 2 380's taking off ... I do like to watch that one.

BTW ... is the Dreamliner in service anywhere at the moment ... I'm yet to see one in flight.

The 7late7 is back in ops after the FAA lithium battery issue...

None fly to BKK as yet.. Mostly plying Japan-USA, Qatar (not sure where they're flying it to, Ethiopian Airways (which might see it flown between Adis Abah-Bangkok-Hong Kong) and inter subcontinental India I believe...

QF Group gets their first next year I think and it will then transfer to Jetstar...

QF Group gets their first next year I think and it will then transfer to Jetstar...

Yeah, Qantas diverted their 787's to Scab-Star and

Singapore Airlines has diverted theirs to Scoot.

I like Cathay and SQ in Asia, but for the Aussies, Scoot (&AA) are killing them. When Scoot triple their fleet with these 787's, it will be great for consumers in Asia.

I am still amazing they get crews though with the T & C and the cost of living in Singapore.

PS, QF and Malaysian have flights, 26k to OZ at the moment ex BKK.

Edited by Chao Lao Beach

Actually, when I was out there this morning they had 2 380's taking off ... I do like to watch that one.

BTW ... is the Dreamliner in service anywhere at the moment ... I'm yet to see one in flight.

The 7late7 is back in ops after the FAA lithium battery issue...

None fly to BKK as yet.. Mostly plying Japan-USA, Qatar (not sure where they're flying it to, Ethiopian Airways (which might see it flown between Adis Abah-Bangkok-Hong Kong) and inter subcontinental India I believe...

Ethiopian Airways had a problem with a 787 at LHR recently. not sure what happened or what the result was.

I actually flew MH for the first time in June this year due to their joining of the OneWorld alliance..

Suffice to say it's really quite a coup for the alliance to have MH.

KUL is a first class airport. I'd have to use it more for a true comparison between it and SIN (Changi) but the Malaysians do appear more relaxed.

As for LCC's dominating the skies, I wouldn't say that is entirely true, they're just enabling more people to fly..

They're not my cup of tea and won't use them whilst I maintain elite status with the airline alliances.

Boeing 787 Hit by Setback With Fire-Extinguisher Wiring Flaw ...

By Kiyotaka Matsuda & Robert Wall - Aug 15, 2013

Boeing Co. (BA)’s 787 Dreamliner suffered a fresh setback after ANA Holdings Inc. (9202) the model’s biggest operator, said it discovered wiring defects in the fire-suppression system on three aircraft. The fault, first detected on a 787 due to depart Tokyo’s Haneda airport today, would trigger the wrong extinguisher in the event of a blaze in one of the two engines, ANA said

The airline subsequently inspected all 10 of its 787s and found no issues, he said. Among other carriers flying Dreamliners, LOT Polish Airlines SA said its jets are flying as scheduled, while Qatar Airways Ltd. said it has had no problems and Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA said it was unaware of the issue.

Bloomberg ana-finds-wiring-defects-in-dreamliners-as-jal-plane-scraps-trip

Jetpack company gets clearance for manned flights ...

article-0-1B478BD6000005DC-518_634x403.j

Christchurch-based Martin Aircraft Company has revealed details of its latest jetpack prototype, which it says has taken a "quantum leap" in performance over the previous model.

The company had made huge progress in recent months in increasing flight time of the aircraft, and had full Civil Aviation Authority certification for a manned flight, company chief executive Peter Coker said.

"Changing the position of the jetpack's ducts has resulted in a quantum leap in performance over the previous prototype, especially in terms of the aircraft's maneuverability," Mr Coker said.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10911448

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6odJvvEyDNw