What Will You New Year's Day Lunch Be ?

DrFloyd

Rather than pay the inflated prices that restaurants seem to be charging this year, I have invited 10 friends over and each will bring a special dish. I purchased champagne, orange juice, smoked salmon, quiche, and assorted cheeseand breads, and we will linger around my table. I will also make French toast with maple syrup, Canadian back baconand each person has been assigned to contribute a dish.

• Like 1

I will have the lobster with a 4 cheese risotto sprinkled with white truffle oil.

anybody who eats lobster thermidor style has no idea about haute cuisine. that's of course just my personal opinion. other people's mileage and taste may vary tongue.png

• Like 1

I went to the gym for a New Year's workout, then to the buffet at the Majestic Grande where I had coupons for a 60% discount. The food was OK, some quite good, but the Beef Wellington and the one pork dish were quite overcooked.

What surprised me was that the regular price of the buffet was posted all over, and my 60% discount turned out to be a 100 baht discount. I have contacted the company that sold me the coupon three times now, but have received no response.

At the regular price of 895 baht, the buffet was certainly acceptable despite a paucity of choices. The grill, chicken, King Crab, and some other dishes were frankly delicious.

What surprised me was that the regular price of the buffet was posted all over, and my 60% discount turned out to be a 100 baht discount.

This is why I am very hesitant to buy discount coupons from anyone other than the business where they are to be used.