Transfering Money From My Uk Account To My Thai Account

What UK account do you have?

Halifax charge about 14 quid upto 4,000 pounds transfer with increments of the charge the more you transfer.

Nationwide charge 20 quid for any amount I believe

Also make sure you transfer pounds and let Thailand do the baht conversion as the rate is better!

• 2 weeks later...
:oDoes anyone know what the options are for transfering money from my uk account to my thai account. The cheapest and easiest method.

And it is called a 'Swift' transfer and I was asked by Nationwide in branch to go and get two forms of photo ID before they would effect the transfer ( even though I have account and flex card etc.!), so be warned.

Guest endure

:oDoes anyone know what the options are for transfering money from my uk account to my thai account. The cheapest and easiest method.

And it is called a 'Swift' transfer and I was asked by Nationwide in branch to go and get two forms of photo ID before they would effect the transfer ( even though I have account and flex card etc.!), so be warned.

That's to satisfy the money laundering regulations.

I use swift transfers from my bank over the phone - £21 charge on any ammount - usually takes no more than 3 or 4 days to be available over there.

and as said - be sure to send sterling and have the conversion done in thailand.

Not sure about other countries, but in Australia if you transfer money in Thai baht the Aussie banks take about 5% as a hedge against currency fluctuations and thats in addition to the transfer costs,. Sends it if the native currency to be transferred into Thai Baht in Thailand and you only have to pay the basic transfer fee which is about $30 plus the Thai banks fee which is minimal.

I learned my lesson the hard way.

This surprises me. If you're registered for Internet banking with them, you simply print off a form from the web, then post it to them.

If you want to fax the form to them, you need to notify them in advance, and send a copy of your passport or UK driving licence.

Of course, if the amount is small, you can simply withdraw the cash using your Nationwide debit card - best exchange rate and no charges.

HSBC charge 21 pound for the transfer no limit that is the fee i have always paid, i have transfered from 1 to 10 thousand. The fee is always the same. Some times i transfer money to my wifes account if she needs it and i am away at work, i will pay all the transfer fees so it is another 8 pound more for that.

If you are with HSBC just get intouch with the branch and give them the swift code for the Thai bank you are with, account name and account number. Takes about 2-3 days for the transfer to complete.

What UK account do you have?

Halifax charge about 14 quid upto 4,000 pounds transfer with increments of the charge the more you transfer.

Nationwide charge 20 quid for any amount I believe

Also make sure you transfer pounds and let Thailand do the baht conversion as the rate is better!

quick one

can you do this at your local halifax branch or do you need to phone them.....!!!!

This surprises me. If you're registered for Internet banking with them, you simply print off a form from the web, then post it to them.

If you want to fax the form to them, you need to notify them in advance, and send a copy of your passport or UK driving licence.

Of course, if the amount is small, you can simply withdraw the cash using your Nationwide debit card - best exchange rate and no charges.

And when I turned up with my drivers licence card with picture, without the paper bit they were trying to make me go away and come back with the paper bit!!! Luckily my protestations prevailed.

Strange things happen in the UK nowadays!

Edited by spacebass