Cheapest Payg Deals At The Minute

UKJASE

Hey guys...... what companies are offering the cheapest deals for minutes and texts at the minute?

i found a DTAC offer the other day, and it costs 49B for 42 days (weird length of time i know) and this makes all calls to all networks 1B / Min...

i know my mrs gets DTAC > DTAC for 0.25 B / min, but i think this is a special sim, and the offer was not available when i checked in the DTAC shop the other day apparently

true move seems to be about 3.5 B a min with my SIM..... so a lot more expensive, but this SIM does allow me to call UK landlines for 1.5B a min, so is great for that

i tried a one2call sim the other day, but that too seemed to be knocking off my credit at about 3.5B / min

what company is the cheapest for thai mobile to thai mobiles?

also, who does the best deals for data??

i use 12call unlimited package and it works quite satisfactorily in bkk (although not always perfect )

it costs 799+ tax for 1 months unlimited usage but apparently it gets throttled down to edge speeds after youve used over 3GB+ on 3G/H+

they have a lot of packages for lighter and heavier users ,my wife uses true and i think its cheaper but a bit slower also but asol depends on your location

to the nearest mast and how overloaded that mast is etc

12call package comes with free wifi login details so if you find yourself in some open hotspot place like the airport or a shoppinng mall you may get better speeds from logging onto their wifi than your 3G

EDGE/GPRS Package

Monthly Package

Service Fee (Baht/month)

Signing Up

3 hrs. 30 *138*31# icon_telephone.gif 6 hrs. 50 *138*32# icon_telephone.gif 20 hrs. 100 *138*33# icon_telephone.gif 100 hrs. 350 *138*34# icon_telephone.gif Wifi Unlimited

(Username and password

will be sent via SMS) 99 *388# icon_telephone.gif EDGE/GPRS 250 hrs. + Wifi Unlimited 550 *138*59# icon_telephone.gif EDGE/GPRS + Wifi Unlimited 799 *138*79# icon_telephone.gif

30 Days (Only for One-2-Call!

& Sawasdee Customers)

Service Fee

Signing Up

1 hrs. 20 *138*55# icon_telephone.gif 2 hrs. 30 *138*56# icon_telephone.gif 5 hrs. 50 *138*57# icon_telephone.gif

One Day Pass

Service Fee

Signing Up

Unlimited 49 *138*49# icon_telephone.gif

Add-On package - Volume Base Package

One Day Pass Fee

Data Quota 3G/EDGE+

Signing Up

9 Baht

10 MB

*500*90# icon_telephone.gif

15 Baht

20 MB

*500*91# icon_telephone.gif

29 Baht

60 MB

*500*92# icon_telephone.gif

49 Baht

Unlimited

Maximum 3G Usage up to 140 MB*

*500*93# icon_telephone.gif

7-day Pass Fee

Data Quota 3G/EDGE+

Signing Up

59 Baht

70 MB

*500*70# icon_telephone.gif

79 Baht

180 MB

*500*71# icon_telephone.gif

99 Baht

300 MB

*500*72# icon_telephone.gif

Monthly Fee

Data Quota

Signing Up

3G/EDGE+

Wifi

99 Baht

75 MB

-

*133*20# icon_telephone.gif

150 Baht

150 MB

-

*133*21# icon_telephone.gif

350 Baht

Free AIS Music Store

1 GB

-

*133*22# icon_telephone.gif

550 Baht

2 GB

Unlimited

*133*23# icon_telephone.gif

799 Baht

Unlimited

Maximum 3G Usage up to 3GB*

Unlimited

*133*24# icon_telephone.gif

899 Baht

Plus 10 free e-magazines

Unlimited

Maximum 3G Usage up to 5GB*

Unlimited

source : http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/promotion_special.html

Assume you are asking about pre-paid? If so, every service provider has separate SIM/promotion plans which change and offer varying on-net and off-net rates. Some offer flat-rate on and off-net 7x24, some offer rates like 2 baht for the first minute, then 0.25 baht/min thereafter. Sometimes times you can change a promotion on a specific SIM.

After that you can layer on "buffet" calling plans which typically offer reduced rates on-net calls, for some period, volume, or part of the day. I just got an SMS from Happy (DTAC), and for 15 baht/day I can call any DTAC numbers for up to 120 minutes each day.

You really have to have a feel for your calling patterns, and what service providers those you call are on, in order to make the optimal choice.

Call rates do not include 7% VAT, calls are rounded up to the next minute.

Data plans are nearly as complex but generally speaking you pay less per min or MB if you spend more. Actually, that sounds pretty straight-forward! So much depends on your device, location and requirements.

thanks guys.....

i just did a google search and found here what looks like a great deal

calls 0.99b / min

calls to dtac 0.24b / min

texts 0.99b

texts to dtac 0.24b

the mrs is on dtac so this looks like a great deal :o)

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/newsim2499.html

a lot cheaper than the 3.5b / min & 3.5b / text that i am paying with my present True sim

^ That SIM does look like a pretty good deal.

Some notes:

It does look like existing Happy pre-paid customers can switch to this promotion for a 49 baht fee, from the T's & C's

"Existing prepaid mobile users can register for this service by calling today until 31 Oct 2012. A 49-baht fee is applied (VAT included) and the registered number has to hold at least 1 day of remaining validity. The allowance to use this service until 31 Jan 2013 will be confirmed through SMS."

Not sure what is meant by this last sentence?

The first minute on-net is 99 baht, (1.07 with VAT), and 0.24 baht (0.26 with VAT) per min. thereafter.

It says, "Valid Until 30 June 2013", so not sure what happens then? In the past service providers have grand-fathered promotions/plans ad infinitum but not sure of that trend can or will continue.

DTAC/Happy operate their 3G network on 850 MHz 3G, until such time as they add 2100 MHz, so if you will require 3G and have coverage in your area(s) then make sure your phone supports this frequency.

• Like 1

thanks lomatopo..... i went to the DTAC shop and they said i couldnt swap my existing sim to the new 2499 promotion sim

but after what you posted above, i signed up on the dtac site, and sure enough i could swap my promotion across

so now all texts and mins are 0.99B, and if they are to a dtac phone, they are 0.24B..... great stuff :o)

I have bog-standard Dtac and 12call sims and I find Dtac has a better package for data and sms. Unlimited data (albeit slow) is about 400 and 100sms to any Thai network in a month is about 65 Bhat (from memory) I just top up the balance to cover the renewal and it happens automagically.

If you have a "favourite number" you call a lot it is well worth looking up the packages for unlimited call minutes to "nearest and dearest".

Dtac have had some technical hiccups, but so have 12call and their packages are lots more expensive.

just my tuppence worth :)

FYI, with Happy (DTAC), if you top-up with 800 baht you do get a 100 baht calling bonus. Unfortunately that bonus gets taken down at the rate of 2.14 baht/min, rather than your default promotion or plan rate. But I still look at it as a ~ 6.25% discount - my 'normal' rate is 1.07 baht/min.

You should be able to change into this "2499" promotion by dialing *1003 and following the IVR prompts. You will have to pay a one-time fee of 49 baht for the change.

I recommend you register for Happy eServices as this allows you to manage your account on-line, and via the Android app.

If you have an Android phone there is a DTAC app. in the Play Store.

Make sure you have turned off data on your device as without any plan you will be dinged at 1 baht/min and chew through your balance in no time. I'd recommend a volume-based mobile data plan, if you are considering one.

Finally, many of the USSD numbers, for service requests, should be baked in to your SIM, and thus in your phone book. But this can be variable depending on the age/type of SIM, and phone.