Changing Money With Pen On?

narak86

Hi was just wandering how everyone's going with exchanging money? Previous times i came to thailand and had problems with some banks refusing to change money.

This is due to sometimes people who can't count need to write on the note for a check. :huh:

Never been too many refused to worry about before. However, the current circulation of pound notes are getting older. I've just been and withdrawn from the bank and there's tons of notes with writing on. Anyone spread some light as yo wether i should change these before travel? Thank you

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect App

I've had perectly good US bills refused at Thai banks because they detected a small tear or someone wrote something in ink on it or other non critical issue they believed to exist. So I would assume that is true for other countries as well. Just so you don't have a problem I always try to get new bills from the bank before I re-enter Thailand. Explaining to the tellers have been a problem either.

I have been caught out like this, writing on the notes or small tear and the banks refused to change them. Do yourself a favour and swap them for "clean" ones before you come here.

Good advice this has happend to me to, the private money changer keosks usually take them if you mix them in with good notes

best regards plutosmile.png