Best Business School - Bangkok

ThailandDenmark417

Hey,

I'm looking to study my masters (MBA) in Bangkok in about a year.

I've done some research and gotten opinions from friends and teachers.

However, I would like to hear what you think.

Any opinions on these (or some others)?

Chulalongkorn

Thammasat

ABAC

Mahidol

Ramkhamhaeng

I'll be studying in the international program.

Thanks. Any help is must appreciated.

Based upon their affiliation with Wharton and Kellogg Schools of business... would give it to Chula...

Sasin's MBA program was developed through the collaboration of Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management, the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School and Thailand's most well-known academic institute, Chulalongkorn University

.http://www.sasin.edu.../mba/index.html

Sasin is consistently ranked among the top 10 business schools in the Asia-Pacific region. Sasin became the first school in Thailand to receive AACSB accreditation in 2010.

http://en.wikipedia....korn_University

Edited by CWMcMurray

Chulalongkorn's Sasin School and Mahidol's College of Management are top flight. My wife got her MBA from Mahidol. It was not a lightweight degree. Excellent teachers and a great deal of benefits. Can't speak to the others, but the aforementioned two are the highest ranked universities in Thailand consistently. Good places to start.

Based upon their affiliation with Wharton and Kellogg Schools of business... would give it to Chula...

Sasin's MBA program was developed through the collaboration of Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management, the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School and Thailand's most well-known academic institute, Chulalongkorn University

.http://www.sasin.edu.../mba/index.html

Sasin is consistently ranked among the top 10 business schools in the Asia-Pacific region. Sasin became the first school in Thailand to receive AACSB accreditation in 2010.

http://en.wikipedia....korn_University

If accreditation is important to you, Sasin is your only local option. It is accredited in Asia, Europe and the United States.

If accreditation is important to you, Sasin is your only local option. It is accredited in Asia, Europe and the United States.

Actually, NIDA is also accredited - by AACSB - just like Sasin. They are the only two, though, AFAIK.

But over one and a half million baht for the degree at Sasin compared to less than 400,000 at ABAC. Is the quality of Sasin really worth another 1.1 million baht?

What you're taught on an MBA course is a minor component of the experience. What is more important is the connections you make. The fellow students cohort at Chulalongkorn is going to be much more influential and have better connections than those at a lesser institution. It may seem unfair and snobbish, but it's also true. If you're ambitious, it's definitely worth the extra money.

Ram on the contrary is the common far too large (and once also famed for corruption re exams) Uni- over 50/60.000 students,, but thats not specific for the bisnis progr-besides that I think making bisnis is indeed more about connections among hi-ranking Chinese as scientific knowledge at all.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the difference between Chulalongkorn School of Business and Sasin Graduate Institute of Business Administration?

Because the price difference is 400,000 to 1,500,000.

Two facilities under the same university?

Different admission’s standards and different faculty; Sasin is more stringent and has international professors. Sasin's curriculum is also an international one. I have staff that did each program - def. a differnce in what they learned.

FYI, Sasin is almost 2 million THB now.

Edited by Furbie

It really depends where you want to further your career and what kind of environment you want.

If you want to stay and work in Thailand, Chula by far has the best reputation.

Furthermore, it's very central & consists of pre-dominantly Thai students.

Overseas, I'd say AIT MAY have the edge in terms of repute.

AIT is very green, a little bit outside Bangkok, but very international, lots of exchange students each semester from all over esp. Europe.

However, AIT was flooded in '11 and the infrastructure is in a deplorable state now.

I've heard that the Mahidol MBA is excellent.

Webster and ABAC are 'ok', but I wouldn't really recommend them.

• 8 months later...