Farm Photos

shaggy1969

Shaggy and Tywais got it right, those are iron minerals composite, discolouration are rust. It will ooze out of the pond bed if pond is dry due to high water table... Once the pond is filled, water in the pond will act as a pressure to counter it from oozing out. No problem to rear fishes in them.

• Like 1

Can someone help me please ?

We had a large hole dug , and the result was this discolouration .

Will this be detrimental to the raising of fish ?

I would like to know from your opinion what this is , and problems I need to address this issue with ,

Thank you , I hope this is not a Major problem.

I also notice that you have a loamy soil condition (more to the sandy portion), if you don't want the pond banks to collapse, advise that you do some reinforcement concrete work on them, or else the pond slopes will disappear in a matter of time.

Edited by RedBullHorn

Yes , thanks RBH , I know this problem for the sandy-loam situation , the holding is good for the water , I am just concerned that if I put fish in the water they will not live too good , that's all , don't aspire to be a fish farmer yet , wait until all the other options run out , 55555555555

This is a bunch of a type of banana that i haven't seen before.The whole bunch is only as long as from my elbow to my finger tip (maybe a little bit longer)and each banana only as big as my little finger.The 1st photo is as I found it and the second one is after I had cleaned all the rubbish from the outside.

Great photos Ron thumbsup.gif

We must be going banana's because I was thinking about posting banana tree photos today.

Aah well back to the drawing board,besides...your photos are better.

That's a new one to me also,have never seen them that small before.

That bunch looks mighty full.........is there a third photo with you walking off with it over your shoulder?

Edited by shaggy1969
  • Like 1

whistling.gif

This is a bunch of a type of banana that i haven't seen before.The whole bunch is only as long as from my elbow to my finger tip (maybe a little bit longer)and each banana only as big as my little finger.The 1st photo is as I found it and the second one is after I had cleaned all the rubbish from the outside.

Great photos Ron thumbsup.gif

We must be going banana's because I was thinking about posting banana tree photos today.

Aah well back to the drawing board,besides...your photos are better.

That's a new one to me also,have never seen them that small before.

That bunch looks mighty full.........is there a third photo with you walking off with it over your shoulder?

No,not at all.It's growing from inside the wat and the bunch is hanging over the wall.I would never think of stealing from buddha and besides that it isn't ripe yet.whistling.gif

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 1

Am happy I didn't have to plant this lot.

Posted Image

These photos are just getting far too professional... I know this one will speak to David :) The VF is to blame for sure....

Good work Shaggy..

I'll stick to out of focus, upside down Ipad efforts...

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Here's some Guinea fowl for you Carlos (or at least that's what I think they are)

Very shy birds and didn't want their photo being taken.

P1040606-001.JPG

I suppose it didn't help me chasing them up and down the street trying to get a better shot.

(out of focus as well....just how you like them)

P1040605-001.JPG

Indeed, Lavender Guineas the same as mine..

Out of focus speaks to me of frenetic activity, which is what these birds are all about..

Sorry David, couldn't help myself :)

^^ That is a monstrous coconut mountain there Jim.I wouldn't fancy the job of splitting all of those.

Do they burn all the fibers inside the outer shell also?I ask this because Mrs shaggy buys bags

of the stuff for when she is re-potting her orchids.

Regarding the comment you made about my photo.

Firstly.... thank you for the compliment

Secondly.....I do like the photos I have posted,but being an rank amateur I am always a bit

unsure if others look at them the same that I do.

Wasn't sure where to put this but I guess fish could be seen as farming. People were catching these everywhere today while I was out for a ride.

Nice photo VF thumbsup.gif

What do they do with the little fish in CM?

Ones that size in our area are used for making Pla-rah.

The lady said they were best fried and eaten whole.

Wasn't sure where to put this but I guess fish could be seen as farming. People were catching these everywhere today while I was out for a ride.

Nice photo VF thumbsup.gif

What do they do with the little fish in CM?

Ones that size in our area are used for making Pla-rah.

The lady said they were best fried and eaten whole.

I grab them for the dogs when I can and every morning take a handfull ,steam them then chop finely and mix with rice to make the base for their morning meal.I steam them rather than fry because one of the dogs has a pancreas problem that is affected by fat.

Edited by Ron19

I just found some DVD's I made back in 2005 which was my first trip to Thailand...thumbsup.gif So got lots of images to keep this thread and Photo forum... going for a whilew00t.giftongue.pngbiggrin.png ... mostly around Pai (reminds me I really want to head up north again sometime!) .... These photos where before the major floods that total changed the landscape in the area!

Long tedious process uploading this morning.... far more time than I usually can sit at the computer! facepalm.gif

Here goes... so guessing you guys and gals all know what this common crop is widely grown in the region,,,,....

come on Shaggy, step up to the plate! tongue.png

pai374.JPG

Maybe I have to keep viewing a little longer , " farm friend "

• Like 1