Farm Photos

shaggy1969

High-res my foot ! Could somebody teach me how to optimize a Panorama shot for posting...pleaseeeee~

Nothing wrong with it. The image size is 1200 pixels wide but the forum software is automatically scaling the image down when you click on the thumbnail. If you click on the thumbnail then on the Save button underneath, the full size image will pop up in another window (depending on browser). I assume you manually resized the original image down to 1200 pixels wide? That will effect the clarity depending on how much jpg compression you selected during the save. Also, I think the aspect ratio is a bit too one sided and should aim for a little more height for the width.

• Like 2

Here goes... so guessing you guys and gals all know what this common crop is widely grown in the region,,,,....

come on Shaggy, step up to the plate! tongue.png

Hmmmm,a challenge eh !! Don't like those because I usually lose sad.png

Pandan rice fields with the Ing Doi Guesthouse in the background w00t.gif

(love the quaint little buildings,do you have any close ups of them?)

Great photos ^^ mate and I am curious to see what else you have had hidden away on those Dvd's.

High-res my foot ! Could somebody teach me how to optimize a Panorama shot for posting...pleaseeeee~

Nothing wrong with it. The image size is 1200 pixels wide but the forum software is automatically scaling the image down when you click on the thumbnail. If you click on the thumbnail then on the Save button underneath, the full size image will pop up in another window (depending on browser). I assume you manually resized the original image down to 1200 pixels wide? That will effect the clarity depending on how much jpg compression you selected during the save. Also, I think the aspect ratio is a bit too one sided and should aim for a little more height for the width.

I agree with Tywais it is a good photo thumbsup.gif

The panoramic shot is good,if anything it could be too good.There is maybe just too much of it.

An example.........most of my horizontal photos are 900x 675.Yours weighs in at 1200x126 and probably made up or 10 or more single photos.

If you didn't resize it yourself then maybe check the photo file settings on your phone.This setting maybe standard as a memory saver.

Lets face it mate..............your fish farm is just too Damn big !!!! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Wasn't sure where to put this but I guess fish could be seen as farming. People were catching these everywhere today while I was out for a ride.

Nice photo VF thumbsup.gif

What do they do with the little fish in CM?

Ones that size in our area are used for making Pla-rah.

The lady said they were best fried and eaten whole.

I can vouch for that. When fried well you just have to chew better and grind the leftover bones with your teeth. Saves all the hassle of filet-ing a tiny sardine or ansjovis. They are also great to make Plah-rah. I have made it in The Netherlands using a farm recipe. The process requieres weeks of rotting and is a cat-magnet.

I am a thrifty man by trait and i stick to my ancient Nokia N70 which has served me well... But it's not making the grade anymore. So today with the complaining excuses from the family (mine), Okay...okay, let's go !

Today, i bought the popular Samsung Galaxy S4 mini...... 3 of them ! One for me, one for the wife and one for the kid.

For the camera testing phase, i tried the "favourite" Panorama shot.

I present to you folks...My Clarias catfish Farm...

Now i got a new phone with high res camera on a phone, you bet there will be more to come...

Cheers. smile.png

Sweet, RBH, So you bought a camera you can make a phone call with?laugh.png

• Like 2

You might look at this article showing a variety of panoramic photos and their aspect ratios. Plus some hints in the article for technique. http://photo.tutsplus.com/articles/40-inspiring-panoramic-photographs/

My new camera is the first I've owned with the Panorama capacity.

Some excellent shots in the link.

What I would naturally do is use the Panorama in the horizontal mode ... and was interesting to see it used in the vertical.

Thanks for the link.

Chile farm.

When we got to the land I immediately walked over to the best looking row of chiles and started to take some photos.

After i had finished making some photos I turned to Uncle Lungdate, pointed at healthy looking chiles and then gave a big thumbs up and a smile.

Uncle lungdate didn't return my smile,in fact he just gave a grunt and pointed to where his were growing.

... facepalm.gif and cheesy.gif

That was a good story, well told!

Thanks to Tywai and Shaggy... I have a better understanding on the technicality and aspect ratio when taking Panorama shot.

And yes Shaggy... I was trying to squeeze the whole farm into the shot, i couldn't do it with the Nokia N70 so i thought the new phone with Panorama capability will be able to do it easily. I was told best to pan out only up to 180° angle but i ended up doing a near 360° tongue.png

• Like 1

Hope you were expecting a beautiful photo of a rice field with a gentle flowing stream .

Sorry , I cant deliver that , but ..... obscurity ? No problem.

I took this shot from the air vent in a farm toilet. whistling.gif, Yes I brought my cam with me to the loo...

IMG_1530.jpg
Edited by Dancealot
  • Like 2

sorry my pics arnt as good as you boys, but ive got mac my wife taking them,,lol

the baby pigeon growing well,

feeding time for the pigs,

and whos nest is this,??

Jake,your photos are as good as any posted on this thread.

A big thanks to You and Mac for letting us view them.

• Like 1