Flying To & From Bangkok On Which Passport

Gents just a quick question. In August last year my wife got her settlement visa sticker/stamp in her new married name passport. She flew to the UK with me and on arrival they stamped her passport and took her arrival card.

My question is when we fly back together in April for a holiday / visit I'm guessing she will show her passport with the stamp in it board the plane then can enter through Bangkok airport not needing a arrival card and que in the Thai national que.

On return to London I guess my wife will fill out another arrival card on the plane and go through border control with me as before.

Will she need to produce her TB certificate as if that's the case we better take it.

Thanks to who ever shares there experience.

Edited by tomcreeduk

All persons entering or leaving Thailand need to fill in the appropriate part of the blue arrival/depature form (can't remember what it is called), whether they are Thai or not.

When she left Thailand she would have completed the depature part and the arrival part should have been stapled into her passport for her to use upon her return.

Don't worry if she has lost this, she can obtain another one from the cabin crew on the aircraft when you are given yours.

On entering Thailand she should use the Thai national queue.

All non EU nationals entering the UK need to complete an arrivals card (there may be some exceptions, I can't remember; but Thais are not among them). She will be given one by the cabin crew on the aircraft.

Officially she should enter the UK via the non EU queue, but as she will be traveling with you most IOs will allow her to enter with you via the EU queue. I suggest she joins the non EU queue while you go and ask, then you can wave her over if the IO says 'Yes' or you can join her in the EU queue in the unlikely event the IO says 'No.'

As she is not entering as a new resident for the first time she should not be need her TB certificate.

tom,

we were in the same position as you when we returned from our holiday in thailand last year; my wife did not have to show her TB cert in heathrow; i also asked the assistant on the UK passport queue (as the non uk queue was really long) if she could go through with me and her reply was that if we were married we could do so.

hope this helps, not sure if its the norm, just our experience.

kind regards