Residence For Mb License

I have been renting for 3 years with my girlfriend. Everything is in her name. Condo, TOT, etc. Can I bring her with me to Immigration in Pattaya and show them our rental agreement which in her name only. I need a certificate of residency to get my MB license. Thanks

• Like 1

It could be done but she might need to write a letter stating that you are living with her.

She could also fill out Notification Form for House Master, Owner, or the Possessor of The Residence Where Aliens Have Stay (TM.30) form which could serve the same purpose.

Unless you are on an extension of stay you may not get the residence certificate. If that is the case then your only choice will be to get one from your embassy or consulate.

• Like 1

It could be done but she might need to write a letter stating that you are living with her.

She could also fill out Notification Form for House Master, Owner, or the Possessor of The Residence Where Aliens Have Stay (TM.30) form which could serve the same purpose.

Unless you are on an extension of stay you may not get the residence certificate. If that is the case then your only choice will be to get one from your embassy or consulate.

I am on an non-0 based on retirement. If the lease was in my name would there be no problem?

I am on an non-0 based on retirement. If the lease was in my name would there be no problem?

Pattaya is pretty laxed about issuing a letter of residency.

Last time I applied for one, it’s about a year ago, I brought along the following:

House book, copies of address page and name page.

Copy of my girls ID card.

You also need some photos, can’t remember if it’s one or two per letter.

That’s it.

Have you done a 90 day report yet? Should make it easier to get relevant cert from immigration.

I don't do 90 day reports as I leave the country every 90 days on my non-O. Just wondering if I get lease in my name then there is no problem for certification?

Have you done a 90 day report yet? Should make it easier to get relevant cert from immigration.

I don't do 90 day reports as I leave the country every 90 days on my non-O. Just wondering if I get lease in my name then there is no problem for certification?

You don’t need a rental agreement in your name.

Just bring a copy of the rental agreement, signed by your gf and a copy of her id card, also signed by her.

(Misread your OP the first time, and thought your girl owned the condo, therefore suggested copies from the house book.)

• Like 1

"I don't do 90 day reports as I leave the country every 90 days on my non-O."

Do you have a multiple O visa that only allows you to stay 90 days at a time?

OR

Do you have an extension from immigration for 1 year and are not required to leave the country every 90 days?

If the former, I don't think immigration will give you a certification of residency.

If the latter, they might not give you one if you haven't been making 90 day address reports to them.

Good luck.

"I don't do 90 day reports as I leave the country every 90 days on my non-O."

Do you have a multiple O visa that only allows you to stay 90 days at a time?

OR

Do you have an extension from immigration for 1 year and are not required to leave the country every 90 days?

If the former, I don't think immigration will give you a certification of residency.

If the latter, they might not give you one if you haven't been making 90 day address reports to them.

Good luck.

At immigration in Jomtien it’s enough with just a non-imm visa.

(Seen reports that it can be more difficult at other places though.)

• Like 1

Thanks to MTH and the other posters who gave informed advice. Getting a lease would not be a problem for me. Just wanted some advice on how to get the certificate if possible using the girl friend. I will try MTV way first and take lease and GF with me to Immigration.

OK, I just got back from immigration in Jomtien. Absolutely no problem what so ever. They did not even ask why condo rental was in G/F name. The girl at desk # 7 was extremely helpful. In and out within an hour and picked up in afternoon. Thanks for the advice.

• Like 1

OK, I just got back from immigration in Jomtien. Absolutely no problem what so ever. They did not even ask why condo rental was in G/F name. The girl at desk # 7 was extremely helpful. In and out within an hour and picked up in afternoon. Thanks for the advice.

My pleasure, glad to hear that it worked out for you. Thanks for posting back with your experience.