Books In Nong Bua Lamphu

alkenbo

Since nobody has answered you, OP, I'll offer my two satang's' worth on the basis of a single drive through NBL without even stopping. Your chances of finding a shop selling English books there must be minimal. The best you can hope for is a farang-frequented pub which offers a book exchange service.

Your nearest hope is Udon, and I will leave it to Udon people to tell you what is available there.

I live in Buriram, and for most of my book requirements I either use ebooks, or make a trip to Chiangmai or Bangkok for a book-buying spree. Chiangmai is best for second-hand books; Bangkok for new books.

Since nobody has answered you, OP, I'll offer my two satang's' worth on the basis of a single drive through NBL without even stopping. Your chances of finding a shop selling English books there must be minimal. The best you can hope for is a farang-frequented pub which offers a book exchange service.

Your nearest hope is Udon, and I will leave it to Udon people to tell you what is available there.

I live in Buriram, and for most of my book requirements I either use ebooks, or make a trip to Chiangmai or Bangkok for a book-buying spree. Chiangmai is best for second-hand books; Bangkok for new books.

I live in Nong bua and there is no bookshop with English books, so as Isanbirder says.

A great source for books is the Jester's fair here in Pattaya in September. I know it's a loooooong way out, but they have hundreds of books...with proceeds going to charity. I donated some 200 this past year.

Also, quite a few good used book stores here if you happen to be in the area.

IMHO best source for used books in Thailand is http://www.dasabookcafe.com/

I have to disagree with you, JLCrab. I went to Dasa for the first time in October. Nice shop, nice people, prices cheaper than others (because of Kunokuniya nearby), but not a patch on the two main 'chains' in Chiangmai, Backstreet Books and Gecko Books. They are both much bigger, have a wider variety, but are more expensive (no new bookshop nearby!).

I said IMHO as I have mostly been able to find everything I wanted on their very efficient book ordering system all in good condition. If the OP looks at their DasaBase, finds what he wants, and wants to have his books delivered to NBLP, that's where i would look first.

It's been a few years but your friends in CNX were way behind on their mail order at the time I was ordering lots of books. Of course the advantage of traveling to CNX is then you go to Mike's Original Burgers.

I said IMHO as I have mostly been able to find everything I wanted on their very efficient book ordering system all in good condition. If the OP looks at their DasaBase, finds what he wants, and wants to have his books delivered to NBLP, that's where i would look first.

It's been a few years but your friends in CNX were way behind on their mail order at the time I was ordering lots of books. Of course the advantage of traveling to CNX is then you go to Mike's Original Burgers.

Yes, indeed. I must admit that to me half the fun of buying books is actually looking in the shelves and finding things you would like. I never have a cut-and-dried list of what I want.