No More Benzin 91

Mickey Cohen

There's an active thread on this topic a little further down the page.

Differences between 91 and 95 benzene.... About 4-6baht per liter, if you have a turbo charged car you might gain a little more power due to the engine’s knock sensor being able to adjust fueling and ignition to suit the more compression tolerant fuel.

95 will be fine in your bike but will cost a little more.

Some racers or road bikes can gain a little more BHP using a higher octane fuel but only with the use of a rolling road, ignition and fuel controllers.

I have noticed 2 petrol stations near my house that have just stocked 95 benzene and done away with 91benzene. So although 91 seems to be fading, 95 is on the rise smile.png

Edited by karlos
  • Like 1

As far as I know 95 octane benzine has been phased out for some time already. Since 91 octane is now also gone, I think you will find out that those empty 91 octane benzine storage tanks have been refilled with gasohol 95 octane. Putting 95 octane gasohol in vehicles designed for 91 octane gasohol is simply a waste of money. What you may think is that 95 octane benzine is actually 95 octane gasohol with the 10 percent methanol. Do some checking and I think you will find that whether it is 91 or 95 octane, it is actually gasohol.

It would be pretty misleading for PTT to change their orange coloured Gasohol pumps to Yellow Gasoline pumps, then alter their prices from 37.83L for Orange Gasohol to 46.25L for Yellow Gasoline.....

post-59428-0-74507800-1358861662_thumb.j

I'm certain it's 95 Benzene, there's four stations within 5km of my house selling it now :)

^^^there is a box in the top that says search. Enter what you are looking for it really works. I have done it for you in this case. www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/610387-91-benzine-gone-already/

I see these admonitions all the time. You know, I have tried search on TV dozens of time. It's got to be one of the worst search engines on the Internet. I have tried searching for threads I know are there, but I can rarely find them. I am a champion searcher with Google and other Internet search engines, so it is not just that I am some kind of boob. It sure would be nice if the search efficiency could be improved on TV.

• Like 1

^^^there is a box in the top that says search. Enter what you are looking for it really works. I have done it for you in this case. www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/610387-91-benzine-gone-already/

I see these admonitions all the time. You know, I have tried search on TV dozens of time. It's got to be one of the worst search engines on the Internet. I have tried searching for threads I know are there, but I can rarely find them. I am a champion searcher with Google and other Internet search engines, so it is not just that I am some kind of boob. It sure would be nice if the search efficiency could be improved on TV.

I agree the forum search is not the best. If you search 91 benzine it does work. The OP problem is or was he is not spelling benzine correctly. Without proper spelling it can be difficult to search.