Child Prostitution Boss Busted In Lat Phrao

Lite Beer

I hope she gets about 20 years in the monkey house to think about it and would love to question the parents of the 15 year old girl to see if any trafficking was involved.

Welcome to Thailand, i doubt she will ever see a jail cell, a huge number start working in the industry at the age of 12, at 15 they already working gogo bars

I'd be interested in more specifics on this huge number if you could be bothered to provide them.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

like what specifics would you be interested in? the name of the gogo bars, their numbers, names and addresses?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sold to a go-go bar? I seriously doubt it.

you are free to doubt whatever your heart desires,it does not though change the fact. and if you still unsure, you could always search the news in the past few weeks, as i believe there has been a few threads about mothers selling their kids

The ones i know, mother sold her to a gogo bar at the age of 16 on a 4 year contract, ie she got paid xxxxxxx amount of money so the daughter will work at the gogo bar for 4 years.

at the age of 14, her mother sold her for 1 night to someone for 10 000 baht

I hope she gets about 20 years in the monkey house to think about it and would love to question the parents of the 15 year old girl to see if any trafficking was involved.

Welcome to Thailand, i doubt she will ever see a jail cell, a huge number start working in the industry at the age of 12, at 15 they already working gogo bars

I'd be interested in more specifics on this huge number if you could be bothered to provide them.

like what specifics would you be interested in? the name of the gogo bars, their numbers, names and addresses?

One can only hope that you aren't implying what I think you might be -- because that would make you a real scumbag.

Specifics: what is the "huge number" (approximately)? Where do you come by it? What is the source of your knowledge on the subject?

One can only hope that you aren't implying what I think you might be -- because that would make you a real scumbag.

Specifics: what is the "huge number" (approximately)? Where do you come by it? What is the source of your knowledge on the subject?

how the hell do you expect me to know the numbers? if you feel like being a smartass, please do so elsewhere.

My source of knowledge is endless reports of busts where up to 4-6 girls removed from a gogo for being under age, in every single bust, these busts do not include the beer bars, karaoke bars and other "short time" establishments like in soi 8 off theaparsit road..

take a walk down the beach in pattaya and take a look at their faces, through the make up.

still not enough, take a walk down to soi cowboy, nana or patpong,

PS. 4-6 girl in a gogo makes up 20%-25% of their total employees(girls) thats not huge number for you?

Edited by lemoncake

you are free to doubt whatever your heart desires,it does not though change the fact. and if you still unsure, you could always search the news in the past few weeks, as i believe there has been a few threads about mothers selling their kids

The ones i know, mother sold her to a gogo bar at the age of 16 on a 4 year contract, ie she got paid xxxxxxx amount of money so the daughter will work at the gogo bar for 4 years.

I don't need to search the news. I'm well aware of the trafficking of men, women and children in this country having done a fair bit of research and writing on it back in the day.

1) Don't distort what I said or throw a strawman at me -- I spoke of gilrd sold to go go bars.

2) You speak of "ones" (ie more than one girl) but then you say "she" and "her".

3) I can't possibly know what you've actually been told or how true it is and I don't claim to. I have my doubts about both.

how the hell do you expect me to know the numbers? if you feel like being a smartass, please do so elsewhere.

My source of knowledge is endless reports of busts where up to 4-6 girls removed from a gogo for being under age, in every single bust, these busts do not include the beer bars, karaoke bars and other "short time" establishments like in soi 8 off theaparsit road..

take a walk down the beach in pattaya and take a look at their faces, through the make up.

I wouldn't expect you to know the numbers - if you hadn't made a statement as if it were fact.

Your "source of knowledge" doesn't tell us anything about your claim regarding the huge number of 12 year olds.

By the way, Pattaya, Nana and Cowboy would only give one a TINY view of the sex industry in Thailand. The vast majority of it is very rarely seen by westerners.

I don't need to search the news. I'm well aware of the trafficking of men, women and children in this country having done a fair bit of research and writing on it back in the day.

1) Don't distort what I said or throw a strawman at me -- I spoke of gilrd sold to go go bars.

2) You speak of "ones" (ie more than one girl) but then you say "she" and "her".

3) I can't possibly know what you've actually been told or how true it is and I don't claim to. I have my doubts about both.

You can hardly call it trafficking when some willingly come to work and a vast majority are Thai

Yes i speak of "ones" meaning as i said if you bothered to read, i met a few.

The one i already described was just one example and yes she may well be lying, though no point as there was nothing to gain from that lie and i clearly said the ones i met admitted,which may not be a fact for you,but does go along with endless number of reports of similar type.

I wouldn't expect you to know the numbers - if you hadn't made a statement as if it were fact.

Your "source of knowledge" doesn't tell us anything about your claim regarding the huge number of 12 year olds.

By the way, Pattaya, Nana and Cowboy would only give one a TINY view of the sex industry in Thailand. The vast majority of it is very rarely seen by westerners.

Please show for me in what post i said huge number of 12 year olds?blink.png

I said a huge number start to work in the industry at the age of 12 and by 15-16 already working bars.

Now since you so knowledgeable on the matter why do not you provide statistics to counter my post instead of trolling by twisting my posts and what i said.

Do feel free to provide statistics, since its the base of your postsrolleyes.gif

You can hardly call it trafficking when some willingly come to work and a vast majority are Thai

Yes i speak of "ones" meaning as i said if you bothered to read, i met a few.

The one i already described was just one example and yes she may well be lying, though no point as there was nothing to gain from that lie and i clearly said the ones i met admitted,which may not be a fact for you,but does go along with endless number of reports of similar type.

1) Human trafficking does not mean that people can't be from the same country in which they are sold or where they are sex workers.

2) You spoke of children being sold but now you speak of willingly coming to work - I obviously wasn't referring to them.

3) I did bother to read (not sure why you have to be snide) - which is why I noticed your inconsistency.

Please show for me in what post i said huge number of 12 year olds?

I said a huge number start to work in the industry at the age of 12 and by 15-16 already working bars.

Uhmmm...you said "a huge number start working in the industry at the age of 12" (later it was "many") and then you repeated it here.

I am traveling and don't have the statistics at hand moreover the onus is not on ME to provide any as I have made no claims that I need to support. I questioned your bold assertions and in fact I thought you might actually be able to offer some basis for them and it would be of interest to me.

I've twisted NOTHING. But apparently you are one of those posters who who calls anyone who posts something they don't like a "troll". You've been aggressive and sarcastic in every response but I'm not going to play, thanks.

i take exception to your use of the term gogo bar.

the vast majority of under age thais are working in what are almost exclusively thai karaoke bars ,massage parlours and brothels.

gogo bars are pretty much exclusively foreign phenomena and are well scrutinized.

there simply aren't that many underage girls in the foreign sex trade.

Edited by candypants

how many do you know personally?

Welcome to Thailand, i doubt she will ever see a jail cell, a huge number start working in the othelsindustry at the age of 12, at 15 they already working gogo bars

Much younger than that, In the Udon Thani brothels, mostly used by Thais!

1) Human trafficking does not mean that people can't be from the same country in which they are sold or where they are sex workers.

2) You spoke of children being sold but now you speak of willingly coming to work - I obviously wasn't referring to them.

3) I did bother to read (not sure why you have to be snide) - which is why I noticed your inconsistency.

i was referring to 2 different matters.

Let me try again

1. Many start to work in the industry at the age of 12

2. Many get sold by their parents

3. Many work in the industry with the knowledge of their parents

Those who willingly seek and come to work can not be classified under human trafficking because by definition of UNODC they were not recruited, transported, transfered, harboured or received through a use of force, coercion or other means.but thats totally irrelevant

how many do you know personally?

totally irrelevant

i take exception to your use of the term gogo bar.

the vast majority of under age thais are working in what are almost exclusively thai karaoke bars ,massage parlours and brothels.

gogo bars are pretty much exclusively foreign phenomena and are well scrutinized.

there simply aren't that many underage girls in the foreign sex trade.

you right i should have said bars to make it more accepted, however gogo bars also do not have a shortage of underage girls and boys.

Uhmmm...you said "a huge number start working in the industry at the age of 12" (later it was "many") and then you repeated it here.

I am traveling and don't have the statistics at hand moreover the onus is not on ME to provide any as I have made no claims that I need to support. I questioned your bold assertions and in fact I thought you might actually be able to offer some basis for them and it would be of interest to me.

I've twisted NOTHING. But apparently you are one of those posters who who calls anyone who posts something they don't like a "troll". You've been aggressive and sarcastic in every response but I'm not going to play, thanks.

ok rolleyes.gif , please define for me the difference between huge and many, i expect to see graphs and precise numbers.

Right, so you come on, demand statistics,specifics, then accuse me of being a scumbag, and now dare to call me aggressive and sarcastic?whistling.gif

Once you were asked to provide specifics to prove my post to be incorrect, you do not have time because you travel.

Once you were asked to point out where i said 12 year olds work gogo bars as you stated, you ignored it.

So...... do explain to me the point of coming on to dispute anything and everything i said, to insult me and twist my posts? since you do not agree with being called a troll.

ok rolleyes.gif , please define for me the difference between huge and many, i expect to see graphs and precise numbers.

Right, so you come on, demand statistics,specifics, then accuse me of being a scumbag, and now dare to call me aggressive and sarcastic?whistling.gif

Once you were asked to provide specifics to prove my post to be incorrect, you do not have time because you travel.

Once you were asked to point out where i said 12 year olds work gogo bars as you stated, you ignored it.

So...... do explain to me the point of coming on to dispute anything and everything i said, to insult me and twist my posts? since you do not agree with being called a troll.

* The difference between "huge and "many"? if you are interested in bickering about semantics (I'm not) look it up in the dictionary. I made no issue about any such difference. I asked for some basis of your claim that there was a "huge number".

* I never demanded anything (talk about "twisting").

* I did not call you a scumbag - unless you were indeed implying what I thought you might be (when you began being sarcastic and aggressive).

* I didn't say I "do not have time because (I) travel". I said I don't have such statistics at hand because I'm traveling. I'm in a hotel room in Chiang Mai with 2 sleeping children - I neither have access to any of the the info that I have at home, the desire or ability to spend hours trying to replicate a semblance of it, nor the obligation to provide anything as I DID NOT make any claims that I need to back up.

* I never stated that you said 12 year olds work in bars. You didn't ask me to show you where you had said it.

* I've twisted nothing. (And if I was going to dispute everything you said, I definitely would have included your claim about what was "the norm". I even ignored the silly post with the C&P about trafficking).

* The point is precisely as it appears - I question your absolutist statements. I'm not trolling but don't care if that's what you call me - I think it's kind of funny and says more about me than you.

You are choosing to make this personal and to keep pursuing it. Not I. Finished?

Edited by SteeleJoe

* The difference between "huge and "many"? if you are interested in bickering about semantics (I'm not) look it up in the dictionary. I made no issue about any such difference. I asked for some basis of your claim that there was a "huge number".

* I never demanded anything (talk about "twisting").

* I did not call you a scumbag - unless you were indeed implying what I thought you might be (when you began being sarcastic and aggressive).

* I didn't say I "do not have time because (I) travel". I said I don't have such statistics at hand because I'm traveling. I'm in a hotel room in Chiang Mai with 2 sleeping children - I neither have access to any of the the info that I have at home, the desire or ability to spend hours trying to replicate a semblance of it, nor the obligation to provide anything as I DID NOT make any claims that I need to back up.

* I never stated that you said 12 year olds work in bars. You didn't ask me to show you where you had said it.

* I've twisted nothing. (And if I was going to dispute everything you said, I definitely would have included your claim about what was "the norm").

* The point is precisely as it appears - I question your absolutist statements. I'm not trolling but don't care if that's what you call me - I think it's kind of funny and says more about me than you.

You are choosing to make this personal and to keep pursuing it. Not I. Finished?

good onethumbsup.gif , thankfully anyone can scroll back and read what you actually wrote to what you writing nowwai2.gif, like post 39 or 34 is a good start

Edited by lemoncake

That should suffice. This back and forth crap will get zapped anyway.

Edited by SteeleJoe

It sounds more like they busted a petty pimp than a Mr. Big Boss. Also the P & L doesn't work out. She said the client paid 2,000, the girl got 1,000 and she pocketed 500. Where is the other 500 or 25%?

Tax Man got it.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Tea money?

no surprise.....local demand as a national sport starts prior 15 years old, afterwards they carry on exclusively with local sponsors up to 18 years old when they are all looking for foreign escapes...............no shame they are facts ! farangs established in Thailand can watch but cannot touch or should not succomb to all the temptations around.....