Pay For Teachers: How Are You Paid?

BKKGuitar

Last working day of the month. Direct deposit here as well. Never had any problems.

Thanks all for the replies! So the farang English teacher has to open a savings account with a Thai bank? (i should have included that follow-on Q in my original post!)

Yes, I had to open a savings account with my school's local bank, but the boss took both us farangs in there and there was no problem - just copied our passports, didn't ask about work permit, etc.

One month, for some reason, the direct deposit didn't take, but they gave us the cash on the first day of month.

Last working day of the month. Direct deposit here as well. Never had any problems.

Thanks all for the replies! So the farang English teacher has to open a savings account with a Thai bank? (i should have included that follow-on Q in my original post!)

No problem for farang to open a bank account - search other threads...

I opened one whilst still on a tourist visa.

No problem for farang to open a bank account - search other threads...

I opened one whilst still on a tourist visa.

Not entirely true, you can have problems when trying to open an account...but if you go to enough banks or enough people in the banks....one should eventually let you do it. I've had to write letters before for teachers on tourist Visas so they're able to open an account.