Accomodation Below 10,000 A Month?

Ben9

I plan on moving back to Thailand in May for a few (about 3 or 4) months before heading to Philippines or Nepal, was wondering if anyone could P.M any details of places to stay aroundr 10,000baht a month in Pattaya ( preferably around the 6000/7000 mark even better!!) . Hotels, Bungalows, apartments, etc

Does'nt matter where abouts, I enjoy seclusion as much as being central

Ideally it would have hot water and WIFI, maybe even a T.V.

I understand that may be asking a lot so If you know somewhere thats cheap but is low on amenities I would be intrested in hearing about it too, I'm not looking for a place to settle down in, just to somewhere to kill a few months hanging out.

I know the best thing I could do is wait until I am there and take a spin round, and I will do that, I am just looking for some places to start, and if its even possible to get a half decent place at those prices.

I also posted this in Chaing Mai and Pattaya forums as have not made up my mind where to go yet

P.M Me please

Thanks in Advance

Hi I lived before in a place called Nirun condo,not bad and I pay 7000b for like a studio,not so small

and have all for cooking,micro,AC,Tv yes all you will need and the location is ok.There is always something avalible there so you need to visit and look around and you will find.Building is little bit old but for that money not to bad.search google and you find more.

I've stayed at all the places mentioned above and a lot more . The Nurin condo is the best of that lot . it has everything . you can get a large 46m condo in block D for 8000b

the rooms at the majestic are to small . the rooms at 9 karat are ok , but the layout sucks .

the only other place i would recommend is the the R-con residence on soi buckou .... big rooms , great central location .... no pool thou

Soi sakaaw (soi nine) i think is kind of an overlooked gem.

It is in a phenomenal location and a few years back i saw BIG rooms very reasonably priced.

Hope I don't ruin it by posting about it if it is not ruined already however the street looks cleaner and quieter than ever! It is kind of a dead end street which is good!

and a bit off topic but related

I WONDER WHAT WILL BECOME OF THAT BIG EMPTY LOT BETWEEN SOI BOUY COW AND 2ND RD NEAR THERE!!! I see they tore down a few stalls and such.

You can find everywhere. All the small buildings that are looking a little bit cheap.

But be careful and ask how much per unit you will pay for electric and water. It is a common scam to put a low price for the rent and then ask 12 bath per unit (when the normal rate is 4 bath).

This way, you will pay 6000 bath per month in electric instead of 2000 and the 4000 will go to the condo owners.

You should not be charged more than 7 baht per unit, if not the case, move somewhere else.

• Like 1

Is there any such room with government rate electric ?

Of course. Any condo rental of more than a couple of months should be with utility bills that you settle directly. Only on very short term rentals would the utility bill be settled with the agent or owner at some higher rate, and even then an honest agent or owner would just charge the regular rate.

My electric bill comes from the PEA with my name on it and I pay it by direct debit every month. My water bill comes from the building at the standard building rate and I pay that directly in cash.

You can find everywhere. All the small buildings that are looking a little bit cheap.

But be careful and ask how much per unit you will pay for electric and water. It is a common scam to put a low price for the rent and then ask 12 bath per unit (when the normal rate is 4 bath).

This way, you will pay 6000 bath per month in electric instead of 2000 and the 4000 will go to the condo owners.

You should not be charged more than 7 baht per unit, if not the case, move somewhere else.

Thats useful info, thanks.

So the normal rate for electric is 4 baht per unit, but what about water?

Also, what is a unit defined to be in each of these cases? id hate to agree to pay 4 baht per unit forf electric only to discover they had defined units as a third of thr standard ones so that Id end up paying 12. A scam like that wouldnt surprise me at all.

Thanks again

I never heard of such a scam during my 10+ years, but i was told they took away some resistance at my last place,

it was 7 baht/unit like my previous, but the electric still more than doubled, and i was living exactly like before

I never heard of such a scam during my 10+ years, but i was told they took away some resistance at my last place,

it was 7 baht/unit like my previous, but the electric still more than doubled, and i was living exactly like before

Im asking what the actual units of measurement are...4 baht for how what unit of electricity usage? not saying that actual scam now exists

Im asking what the actual units of measurement are...4 baht for how what unit of electricity usage? not saying that actual scam now exists

Electricity: 1 unit is 1 KWh

Water: 1 unit is 1 M3

Electricity: 1 unit is 1 KWh

Water: 1 unit is 1 M3

thanks for your help

Nirum Condos looks Ok, i will take a look thanks guys

For the sake of God, don't. It's awful. So are 9 Karat, Majestic, Jomtien Beach, and some more of the suggestions here. Just do some work and google, and you'll find better accomodations for the same price. Yo can even rent a whole house with 2 bedrooms in East Pattaya for 10K per month and less.

• Like 2

For the sake of God, don't. It's awful. So are 9 Karat, Majestic, Jomtien Beach, and some more of the suggestions here. Just do some work and google, and you'll find better accomodations for the same price. Yo can even rent a whole house with 2 bedrooms in East Pattaya for 10K per month and less.

Yes, I could rent a whole house with 2 bedrooms in East Pattaya for the same price that I pay for my 60+sqm Jomtien condo with panoramic ocean/mountain/city view and large pool, situated just yards from the beach and right on the main bus route, but I would feel a bit of a prat for doing so.

I dare say some people would find some advantage to being in a house situated miles from anywhere on the darkside with no view, no pool and no secure car park, but I'm not one of them.

Most of the villages have one or several communal pools, and all of them security at the gate. Many are within half a mile from Sukhumvit, closer to WS than you in Jomtien. Soi Siam Country, Khao Talo, you name it, they all have Bahtbuses. What do you need a secure car park for, when you can park the car, and a couple of bikes on your own estate, and lock your gate?

The precondition of the OP was 10K rent max. I know of only one Condominium in Jomtien were one can rent a studio of 60+sqm for 10k, the Baan Suan Lalana. It's a very good one, but at the very end of Jomtien a long way from WS.