Organic Food In Chiang Mai

BuffaloRescue

There are several places to buy organic products:

1) King's product (sponsor) in shopping area at CMU near intersection of Suthep and Canal Roads;

2) going South on the Canal Road; if you look to your left after about 2 kilometers from the Suthep road, you will see a bambo set up for produce sellers. But often no one is there.

3) going further on Canal Road (southbound) , go through the first set of traffic lights and almost immediately on your left, you will come to the entrance of a very large covered market with hundreds of stalls. Lots of organic products of all kinds on sale. Veggies are roughly 3 times as much as normal ones. I don't know about organic eggs and meat but they have hundreds of sellers there.

4) there's an excellent vegetarian restaurant at Wat Suan Dok. The people who operate it also do organic farming, I believe. You might ask their advice. Good luck!

Edited by TheVicar

Thanks.

I always eat organic meat. In Australia i dont bother with organic veg except for peppers, mushrooms and a few other things that contain pesticides. In Thailand.. the veg looks organic.. in that its small and definately not GM. But what kinds of pesticides are they using. Is the veg more polluted in Thailand?