Thailand Tourism: Hitting Record Highs

webfact

no doubt you enjoy your trolling, i am sure TAT figures are correctrolleyes.gif

Funny, how TAT always meets its targets, despite world recession

As i said carry one regardless

All traffic into bkk was handled by Don Mueng by itself barely 6 years ago, now Suvarnabhumi that was seen as a megalomaniac project at the time is running at full capacity, and Don Mueng had to re-open. But those are all fake flights with fake passengers planted there by TAT. whistling.gif

Ethihad just announced record numbers of passengers, their busiest line? Bangkok. 691000 passengers up 38%. Fake. All the TV posters that see more business. Fake. The hundred of thousands of Russians. Actors. All the women that we never use to see now walking around. lady boys disguised as farang women to fool us. Thank goodness we have fruitcake..errrr... lemoncake heree, only he knows the truth.

Transit passengers do not magically become tourists. Yes airport handles the numbers, it does not mean the numbers stay in the country, it even does not mean the ones who do exit the airport, stay in the country as many go over land to neighboring countries.

The hundred of thousands of Russians? is that your personal count or you also have "special" vision to determine who is a tourist and who is an expat and where they come fromrolleyes.gif

You do not think having 30 day visa runners changed to 15 days does not change the "numbers" of tourists? you do not think it would double it, since they have to do twice as many runs?

I guess no one informed you that BKK is a regional stop over and connecting place for hundreds of flights?

You must have also missed that Ethihad does a stop over on the way to Europe or other destinations

Edited by lemoncake

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All traffic into bkk was handled by Don Mueng by itself barely 6 years ago, now Suvarnabhumi that was seen as a megalomaniac project at the time is running at full capacity, and Don Mueng had to re-open. But those are all fake flights with fake passengers planted there by TAT. whistling.gif

Ethihad just announced record numbers of passengers, their busiest line? Bangkok. 691000 passengers up 38%. Fake. All the TV posters that see more business. Fake. The hundred of thousands of Russians. Actors. All the women that we never use to see now walking around. lady boys disguised as farang women to fool us. Thank goodness we have fruitcake..errrr... lemoncake heree, only he knows the truth.

Transit passengers do not magically become tourists. Yes airport handles the numbers, it does not mean the numbers stay in the country, it even does not mean the ones who do exit the airport, stay in the country as many go over land to neighboring countries.

The hundred of thousands of Russians? is that your personal count or you also have "special" vision to determine who is a tourist and who is an expat and where they come fromrolleyes.gif

You do not think having 30 day visa runners changed to 15 days does not change the "numbers" of tourists? you do not think it would double it, since they have to do twice as many runs?

All countries count the same, a Brit going to Spain every weekend a Canadian flying to the US will count as multiple arrivals. absolute figures are meaningless, what is important is what they are in relation to each other and previous years. Going from 30 to 15 days visa at borders made very little difference very few expats live off border runs and for every expat that does there will be one who instead now flies out to cambodia and gets a 2+1 month visas which means less entries than before.

Actually it is closer to a million Russian arrivals, but if like you we should go by personal anecdotes then I could tell you how last week when I went back to Samui the almost deserted beaches in Choenmon where I use to live where so packed with Russians I could barely put a towel down believe me NOBODY needed 'special vision' to recognize them.

If you look at the figures closely you'll see the rise comes from developing countries who have seen growth despite the crisis, when people see their income rise they first buy all the crap they always wanted flat screen TVs, Cars...after a few years they realize it's a big world out there and start spending on leisure and holidays it's what is happening with the Chinese and Russians.

All countries count the same, a Brit going to Spain every weekend a Canadian flying to the US will count as multiple arrivals. absolute figures are meaningless, what is important is what they are in relation to each other and previous years. Going from 30 to 15 days visa at borders made very little difference very few expats live off border runs and for every expat that does there will be one who instead now flies out to cambodia and gets a 2+1 month visas which means less entries than before.

Actually it is closer to a million Russian arrivals, but if like you we should go by personal anecdotes then I could tell you how last week when I went back to Samui the almost deserted beaches in Choenmon where I use to live where so packed with Russians I could barely put a towel down believe me NOBODY needed 'special vision' to recognize them.

If you look at the figures closely you'll see the rise comes from developing countries who have seen growth despite the crisis, when people see their income rise they first buy all the crap they always wanted flat screen TVs, Cars...after a few years they realize it's a big world out there and start spending on leisure and holidays it's what is happening with the Chinese and Russians.

with so much drivel you have not actually said anythingrolleyes.gif

Let me make it more simple so you can follow

Out of 22.3 million how many are actual tourists? how many are transit passengers? how many are expats doing visa runs? how many are tourists doing visa runs? how many are neighbors coming in for market shopping?

Now to appear knowledgeable, please provide your experience and background where you get your figures from and what you basing your assumptions on?

Earlier you made a fool out of yourself, by somehow trying to put in Ethihads growth to Thailand numbersw00t.gif

If absolute figures are meaningless, please educate me what figures do have a meaning? and what does a passenger in transit contribute? other than a number

You have now stated that its close to a million Russians and later claimed them to be one of growing forces, you do not think 1000 000 is still 21 000 000 short of the numbers, and if they were such a massive number as you making it out to be, you do not think it would be more than 5%

Edited by lemoncake

You must have also missed that Ethihad does a stop over on the way to Europe or other destinations

Ethihad stops over in Abu Dhabi not in Bangkok, the transit is Abu Dhabi the destination BKK so how does that change anything?!?

If you mean outgoing flights only Aussies or SE Asians would transit, but since Etihad isn't low cost nobody needs to clear immigration they would just stay in the transit area of Suvarnabhumi.

Ethihad stops over in Abu Dhabi not in Bangkok, the transit is Abu Dhabi the destination BKK so how does that change anything?!?

If you mean outgoing flights only Aussies or SE Asians would transit, but since Etihad isn't low cost nobody needs to clear immigration they would just stay in the transit area of Suvarnabhumi.

from Abu to London with a stop over in BKK, NO?

In one word....NO.

Abu to London is a direct flight. If you do Abu to London with a stop over in BKK it is because you are visiting BKK hence a TOURIST.

Actually it is closer to a million Russian arrivals,

If you going to quote a number, also please make sure its the correct number, not something pulled out of the hat, not to appear foolish once again.

The official TAT numbers are 1,317,387, unless of course you NOW believe your count to be correct but TAT to be incorrectwhistling.gif

In one word....NO.

Abu to London is a direct flight. If you do Abu to London with a stop over in BKK it is because you are visiting BKK hence a TOURIST.

or you want to have a cheaper ticket and purchase one with a stop overrolleyes.gif

or you want to have a cheaper ticket and purchase one with a stop overrolleyes.gif

I am starting to think you are simple....

Airlines have a hub where they depart from and return. Ethihad's hub is Abu Dhabi.

Abu to London via bangkok as you suggest would mean Abu to Bkk then Bkk back to Abu (back to the starting point) cheesy.gif and then Abu to Lon (the flight you would have taken in the first place).

So no, not only would you lose 15 hours it will never be cheaper.

Edited by firestar

I am starting to think you are simple....

Airlines have a hub where they depart from and return. Ethihad's hub is Abu Dhabi.

Abu to London via bangkok as you suggest would mean Abu to Bkk then Bkk back to Abu (back to the starting point) cheesy.gif and then Abu to Lon (the flight you would have taken in the first place).

So no, not only would you lose 15 hours it will never be cheaper.

you can think what you like, i am still waiting for a response to post 63 and post 67, lets hope its little more intelligent and accurate than all your other posts

and yes i do stand corrected on the flight path, i did get confused as they do do code sharing, though still 691000 is little short of 23 000 000

Edited by lemoncake

you can think what you like, i am still waiting for a response to post 63 and post 67, lets hope its little more intelligent and accurate than all your other posts

Those are the ones where you try to turn the table because your silly argument have been exposed? right.

#67 You do know close can be less or more right? It's an order of grandeur. Since you seemed to think hundred of thousands was way too many. Everybody doesn't need to quote the figure (we've all seen it a hundred times) of 1,317,387 to look like we are clever ::2 cents::

#63. I've answered the drivel about Abu Dhabi already. The figures I'll give it one last try. Every country counts the same. Short term visitors have always counted, visa runs have always counted... Tourist figures are interesting in relation to each other per country and per year, to see growth or contraction. Numbers, positive or negative, only have meaning against a point of origin.

----------------------

Edited by firestar

Those are the one where you try to turn the table because your silly argument have been exposed? right.

#67 You do know close can be less or more right? It's an order of grandeur. Since you seemed to think hundred of thousands was way too many. Everybody doesn't need to quote the figure (we've seen it a hundred times) of 1,317,387 to look like we are clever ::2 cents::

#63. I've answered the drivel about Abu Dhabi already. The figures I'll give it one last try. Every country counts the same. Short term visitors have always counted, visa runs have always counted... Tourist figures are interesting in relation to each other per country and per year, to see growth or contraction. Numbers, positive or negative, only have meaning against a point of origin.

----------------------

i see so again nothing but your opinion based on nothingthumbsup.gif

and not even 1 coherent response to any of the questions put to yourolleyes.gif

It is irrelevant what i thought, what is relevant is you quoting the numbers, now you been shown your numbers were incorrectrolleyes.gif

But since you still want to continue, please provide evidence of how numbers were calculated and evidence of how numbers are calculated now?

Now i do not want to read your opinion, but actual facts! You have made a statement how numbers were and are calculated, now please support your statement with evidence and facts

Those are the one where you try to turn the table because your silly argument have been exposed? right.

#67 You do know close can be less or more right? It's an order of grandeur. Since you seemed to think hundred of thousands was way too many. Everybody doesn't need to quote the figure (we've seen it a hundred times) of 1,317,387 to look like we are clever ::2 cents::

----------------------

It is irrelevant what i thought, what is relevant is you quoting the numbers, now you been shown your numbers were incorrectrolleyes.gif

But since you still want to continue, please provide evidence of how numbers were calculated and evidence of how numbers are calculated now?

Now i do not want to read your opinion, but actual facts! You have made a statement how numbers were and are calculated, now please support your statement with evidence and facts

I didn't quote any numbers I said it was closer to a million and it is.

This is the twentieth time I explain figures are meaningful in relation to each other, a 5th grader would have understood by now.

Anyway I don't know why I'm bothering arguing with someone who talks about facts but believes people traveling from Abu Dhabi to London transit through Bangkok rolleyes.gif

Have fun having the last word #twoshortplanks

Edited by firestar

----------------------

I didn't quote any numbers I said it was closer to a million and it is.

This is the twentieth time I explain figures are meaningful in relation to each other, a 5th grader would have understood by now.

Anyway I don't know why I'm bothering arguing with someone who talks about facts but believes people traveling from Abu Dhabi to London transit through Bangkok rolleyes.gif

Have fun having the last word #twoshortplanks

and once again nothing but drivel with no facts or evidence.

i guess stating close to a million is not quoting the numbersblink.png

You are being silly but you baited me back in.

I said around a million russians, is 1,317,38 two million? is it three million? nope. It's one million.

When you have a conversation you don't say 1,317,387 every time trying to look clever and interesting you say a million.

The fact we are even discussing semantics and this is all can go on shows how you have nothing to offer in this discussing and are clutching at straws.

The man who thought Abu Dhabi to Lon transits through Bkk...hahaha at least you will have given me one good laugh clap2.gif

Edited by firestar

You are being silly but you baited me back in.

I said around a million russians, is 1,317,38 two million? is it three million? nope. It's one million.

When you have a conversation you don't say 1,317,387 every time trying to look clever and interesting you say a million.

The fact we are even discussing semantics and this is all can go on shows how you have nothing to offer in this discussing and are clutching at straws.

The man who thought Abu Dhabi to Lon transits through Bkk...hahaha at least you will have given me one good laugh clap2.gif

NO!!! you said a few hundred thousands, you then changed to close to a million, again if you want to continue debating get your figures right and if you get it wrong, at least be man enough to admit it.

You have made a number of statements but have failed to back any of it up, no matter how many times i asked you.

and now you sound like a broken record, but thats expectedrolleyes.gif

To all you TAT- believers: doesn't it bother you just ONE BIT, that every year is a new record year?

No matter what happens?

I am not saying there is the possibility the figures are altered or in someway falsified, however I don't think its that unbelievable If you look at the UK figures for the last 10 years, other than small aberrations in 2008-2010, which was probably due to the recession, they have seen visitor numbers increase every year as well. I expect Thailand's visitor growth was not affected quite so much with the recession than the UK was.

What I take slight issue with is people on here, stating outright that the figures are made up, because the area where they are based, or the market they serve appears to be quiet, with seemingly no thought for what could be happening elsewhere in Thailand, or elsewhere in the same city.

To all you TAT- believers: doesn't it bother you just ONE BIT, that every year is a new record year?

No matter what happens?

I am not saying there is the possibility the figures are altered or in someway falsified, however I don't think its that unbelievable If you look at the UK figures for the last 10 years, other than small aberrations in 2008-2010, which was probably due to the recession, they have seen visitor numbers increase every year as well. I expect Thailand's visitor growth was not affected quite so much with the recession than the UK was.

What I take slight issue with is people on here, stating outright that the figures are made up, because the area where they are based, or the market they serve appears to be quiet, with seemingly no thought for what could be happening elsewhere in Thailand, or elsewhere in the same city.

Yes taking a trip to Isaan is a new destination for the touriststhumbsup.gif

No matter what happens?

Dusit Princess Korat Hotel 186 superbly equipped rooms make for first-class accommodation with the fascinating allure of contemporary Thai décor. Relax in casual elegance, comfort and an exotic ambiance. How many other hotels in Korat? 100, 200? And that's only one town. thumbsup.gif

No matter what happens?

Dusit Princess Korat Hotel 186 superbly equipped rooms make for first-class accommodation with the fascinating allure of contemporary Thai décor. Relax in casual elegance, comfort and an exotic ambiance. How many other hotels in Korat? 100, 200? And that's only one town. thumbsup.gif

If you ever worked in tourism, as you stated so many times with your numerous top- job at ore related with several international hotel chains: which of those many hotels in Korat or the rest of Isan, would cater for more than a) conventions b )local or other Asian markets? And how many are up to an international/ western standards?

Pray tell, oh wise one, since my company is constantly looking to promote Isan, by offering tours there and we hardly find any hotels in any of the major cities, that would not bring us a flood of complaints by dissapointed customers?

Unfortunately (and really and honestly say that) the local authoroties do NOTHING (zero, nada and zilch) to promote international/western tourism to Isan. Isan is 100% a wonderful, beautiful place and well worth a visit...but it is as far from being a tourist destination as mars is from Earth or TAT's tourist numbers are from reality.

Edited by DocN

If you ever worked in tourism, as you stated so many times with your numerous top- job at ore related with several international hotel chains: which of those many hotels in Korat or the rest of Isan, would cater for more than a) conventions b )local or other Asian markets? And how many are up to an international/ western standards?

Pray tell, oh wise one, since my company is constantly looking to promote Isan, by offering tours there and we hardly find any hotels in any of the major cities, that would not bring us a flood of complaints by dissapointed customers?

Unfortunately (and really and honestly say that) the local authoroties do NOTHING (zero, nada and zilch) to promote international/western tourism to Isan. Isan is 100% a wonderful, beautiful place and well worth a visit...but it is as far from being a tourist destination as mars is from Earth or TAT's tourist numbers are from reality.

I believe the thread is about Thailand tourism. Since the major tourism increase in the past couple of years has not been in Western tourists why, on earth, would you want information about international Western hotels? Try looking at the tourism demographic and tailor your marketing to the groups that are coming to Thailand in increasing numbers. Hope that helps.thumbsup.gif For other marketing ideas try http://www.thaichamber.org/Nakhonratchasima/

• Like 1

CMK said:

"I believe the thread is about Thailand tourism. Since the major tourism increase in the past couple of years has not been in Western tourists why, on earth, would you want information about international Western hotels? Try looking at the tourism demographic and tailor your marketing to the groups that are coming to Thailand in increasing numbers. Hope that helps.thumbsup.gif For other marketing ideas try http://www.thaichamb...khonratchasima/"

Backing out of it?

I would need that, because we cater to Western holiday makers...and what is so hard to understand about that?

CMK said:

"I believe the thread is about Thailand tourism. Since the major tourism increase in the past couple of years has not been in Western tourists why, on earth, would you want information about international Western hotels? Try looking at the tourism demographic and tailor your marketing to the groups that are coming to Thailand in increasing numbers. Hope that helps.thumbsup.gif For other marketing ideas try http://www.thaichamb...khonratchasima/"

Backing out of it?

I would need that, because we cater to Western holiday makers...and what is so hard to understand about that?

I guess I don't understand what you mean. Tourists are tourists whether from the West or East. They stay in hotels. They eat food. Seems to me if one wants to make money in this market one needs to cater to the tourists that are arriving not the tourists one wants to arrive. I think the stats are good. If my business was slow I would look at other areas for problems.

When I was in Hua Hin a few weeks back, at nighttime, the European restaurants were really packed but the girlie bars were mainly empty. Just an interesting observation smile.png

high season, visit again in 2 months time and see if packed or have any people at all.

a friend of mine been working massage in Hua HIn for 3-4 years(normal thai massage) and she just went home because simply no customers for the whole year and the high season hardly made up for the losses

CMK said:

Backing out of it?

I guess I don't understand what you mean. Tourists are tourists whether from the West or East. They stay in hotels. They eat food. Seems to me if one wants to make money in this market one needs to cater to the tourists that are arriving not the tourists one wants to arrive. I think the stats are good. If my business was slow I would look at other areas for problems.

Yeah...sorry, but that: "Tourists are tourists whether from the West or East." shows to me, that you are not half the expert, that you want to be.

Even within the "western community", even within Europe, there are MAJOR differences in the needs of tourists from different countries. And when we talk about Western vs Russian or Middle East vs India or USA vs Asia, the differences get even bigger!

As a tourist company, you have to set your target market and you can not possibly cater all equally.

That is why (and you should know that, having worked with so may hotels) f.e. hotels have different rate- structures for different markets.

And one thing you also can not do (at least not quickly and swiftly), is switching your market -let's say- from Germany, Scandinavia,Holland to China and Korea or India, because the needs are so specific and different (starting with the language)!