True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

The upgrade was made available on the 29th of October I got CTH installed on the 1st of November and both the installers and CTH themselves did not tell me to upgrade I stumbled across it. The upgrade is under the information bar its the last option I think its under OTA upgrade. Liking the Nat Geo Music channel at the moment its a nice change from listening to constant pop and K pop garbage.

any chance you could post a pic of the exact option please Crill? I was clicking on the option that said OTA. Not the one underneath it.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got CTH installed a couple of weeks ago and I am very pleased with it. It's coming in by cable and that means no atmospheric disruption to the signal. The quality of the HD is simply fantastic. I get match commentary in English and not concerned about pre and post analysis.We've kept one True box but it is coming in by dish but almost unwatchable due to atmospheric conditions. I think I'll get rid of the remaining True box next month.

I watched a replay of City and Norwich on CTH today in Vientiane. Are they still not showing replays for the Thai audience ?

They show them everyday. What is your point?

His point is he is in Laostongue.png

I got CTH installed a couple of weeks ago and I am very pleased with it. It's coming in by cable and that means no atmospheric disruption to the signal. The quality of the HD is simply fantastic. I get match commentary in English and not concerned about pre and post analysis.We've kept one True box but it is coming in by dish but almost unwatchable due to atmospheric conditions. I think I'll get rid of the remaining True box next month.

Are you sure it is not your set-up? Have had no atmospherics here (lower Sisaket province) for several weeks. Should not be happening this time of year. I had a bad problem with True signal earlier in the year and eventually realised it was more than just standard atmospherics. True came out, not exactly promptly, but they did fix it.

Im quite happy with CTH (satellite) but it does have occasional periods when the signal disappears repeatedly for 5 to 20 seconds. I don't think there is much to choose between the two on signal grounds, except of course that most of CTH's football is HD. True do have more sports on HD since you all got rid of it (eg most rugby is now HD), but still only one mainstream football HD channel. Were it not for good Champions League coverage (inc all the replays and magazine summary programmes in the style we all now really miss on CTH, despite the bravado of the "I'm getting it super-cheap so I don't mind listening to Thai tw@ts with beavers on their heads" brigadetongue.png ) I'd have kicked True Gold into touch long ago.

The upgrade was made available on the 29th of October I got CTH installed on the 1st of November and both the installers and CTH themselves did not tell me to upgrade I stumbled across it. The upgrade is under the information bar its the last option I think its under OTA upgrade. Liking the Nat Geo Music channel at the moment its a nice change from listening to constant pop and K pop garbage.

any chance you could post a pic of the exact option please Crill? I was clicking on the option that said OTA. Not the one underneath it.

It is the OTA option,Blue. I upgraded my box yesterday.

I watched a replay of City and Norwich on CTH today in Vientiane. Are they still not showing replays for the Thai audience ?

They show them everyday. What is your point?

Sorry for any confusion. I was under the impression that CTH wasn't showing replays.wai2.gif

Thanks Alfie. Tried that but nothing happened. There is a red button at the foot of the auto search screen which says 'rename satellite'. Reluctant to press the red button. Anyone else experience this?

You sure, go to menu, setting, auto search,search type - search one satellite, then press the red button to search.

Finally able to do the OTA upgrade . Took about ten minutes to complete but ended up with only 38 channels....the same as before.

Hahaha.

What exactly are people trying to achieve with this upgrade for heavens sake?

My CTH is practically unwatchable now, signal all over the shop, particuarly on SKY news.

Finally able to do the OTA upgrade . Took about ten minutes to complete but ended up with only 38 channels....the same as before.

Hahaha.

My CTH is practically unwatchable now, signal all over the shop, particuarly on SKY news.

Pat you should get someone out to re install for you, i think just not set up right, mine and my mates next door here in khonkaen we have had no problem.s and i have had no flickering and i must add the HD channel are top notch, or maybe move up here to the stickswink.png

Hahaha.

Pat you should get someone out to re install for you, i think just not set up right, mine and my mates next door here in khonkaen we have had no problem.s and i have had no flickering and i must add the HD channel are top notch, or maybe move up here to the stickswink.png

I'm tired of it all Nev, vey tired.

OTA update successful. Call centre advised to put it on a CTH brand channel. So I put it in stadium 1 and it worked. As sky news was the channel I tried it on before that was probably why.

Pat get the guys to come and look at your system. I have occasional interference on sky news, but not as bad as you have said.

Since OTA upgrade that annoying jerking during live games has completely disappeared. Fingers crossed for stadium 7 now. Spoke to call centre they said reason for this was to add this channel and more Thai channels. So looking good soon I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Since OTA upgrade that annoying jerking during live games has completely disappeared. Fingers crossed for stadium 7 now. Spoke to call centre they said reason for this was to add this channel and more Thai channels. So looking good soon I think.

Just what we need, more Thai channels. laugh.png

The fight channel's good sad.png interesting to see a young Michael Buffer.

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

Just what we need, more Thai channels. laugh.png

The fight channel's good sad.png interesting to see a young Michael Buffer.

Let's get ready to RUUUUMMMBLLLE !laugh.png

Pat I agree with BB on this one, get them to come out and check the installation, as there is obviously something wrong with it. I live not too far from you if your Nick is correct and my system is nigh on perfect. You have nothing to lose mate and everything to gain.

Pat I agree with BB on this one, get them to come out and check the installation, as there is obviously something wrong with it. I live not too far from you if your Nick is correct and my system is nigh on perfect. You have nothing to lose mate and everything to gain.

Rick - It has been ok since then (last few days) but a big storm tonight (and that was a proper storm btw) and now I'm wiped out. I'm particuarly annoyed as I was planning on watching the Uruguay game on star sports. I need a bit of clarity on 365 then I'm sending this back. Truth is I also miss all the other sports on True and CNBC as well and my missus misses the movie channels, can't even watch the walking dead on CTH...absolutely sick of them.

I understand you Pat and i would be really pissed off as well. The latest mail from 365 is below. Good luck.

We will be installing new equipment in the next two weeks that will allow us to broadcast in HD for 4 of the main channels permanently. This was always the case, however it has taken us a lot longer to get all the necessary components together, and we thank you for your patience and understanding during this period.

Again this weekend's EPL coverage, as was the case last weekend, will be in SD only as we are unable to broadcast in HD due to technical issues, with the temporary equipment we have currently installed. Despite numerous attempts to switch into HD today, it is just not possible.

Also effected is the F1 coverage for this weekend's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix – this would have been aired on 365 CH1 in HD, but unfortunately this is not possible. We have therefore decided to switch the content on 365 CH5 to show the Grand Prix as the Heineken Cup is on a break this month.

Additional channels and arrangements will be made throughout November to cover all of the big sporting events and we will also be in HD in the coming weeks, so the service will continue to evolve for the better.

We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding during this upgrading period.

I understand you Pat and i would be really pissed off as well. The latest mail from 365 is below. Good luck.

We will be installing new equipment in the next two weeks that will allow us to broadcast in HD for 4 of the main channels permanently. This was always the case, however it has taken us a lot longer to get all the necessary components together, and we thank you for your patience and understanding during this period.

Again this weekend's EPL coverage, as was the case last weekend, will be in SD only as we are unable to broadcast in HD due to technical issues, with the temporary equipment we have currently installed. Despite numerous attempts to switch into HD today, it is just not possible.

Also effected is the F1 coverage for this weekend's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix – this would have been aired on 365 CH1 in HD, but unfortunately this is not possible. We have therefore decided to switch the content on 365 CH5 to show the Grand Prix as the Heineken Cup is on a break this month.

Additional channels and arrangements will be made throughout November to cover all of the big sporting events and we will also be in HD in the coming weeks, so the service will continue to evolve for the better.

We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding during this upgrading period.

Cheers Rick, sounds good. I had it before but had a lot of buffeirng as my computer I use for that type of thing is low spec, but this time I will invest in their box. True and 365 sounds good to me and would rather pay the extra. CTH have been nothing but a complete 'mare from the beginning.