Pongsapat Maintains Lead In Bangkok Race, Latest Survey Shows

Lite Beer

Pongsapat maintains lead in Bangkok race, latest survey shows

The Nation on Sunday

30199247-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Pheu Thai Party candidate Pongsapat Pongcharoen continues to top the popularity ratings among those contesting the Bangkok governor race, according to the latest Dusit Poll results released yesterday.

Of 3,214 eligible voters polled, 41 per cent said they had decided to vote for Pongsapat, 36 per cent would throw their weight behind Democrat Party candidate MR Sukhumbhand Paribatra, 6 per cent would vote for Pol General Sereepisuth Temeeyaves, 0.9 per cent for Kosit Suwinit and 0.5 per cent would opt for Suharit Siamwalla. Another 13 per cent said they had not made up their mind.

newsjs

Around 28 per cent said they wanted to vote for Pongsapat because he was "nice, polite and had his feet firmly on the ground", 24 per cent said he was "willing to work hard and had [a record of] achievements", 19 per cent said he was "able to work with the government", 14 per cent said he had "interesting policies" and some 13 per cent said he was "under the banner of their favourite party and had the PM's support".

About 27 per cent of those who supported Sukhumbhand said they liked him because he was "willing to work and has achievements", 26 per cent said he was "under the banner of their favourite party", 22 per cent wanted him to continue the projects he has initiated as he understands the problems well, 18 per cent said he was polite, kind, honest and easy going, and 5 per cent said they liked his policies.

About 37 per cent of those who backed Sereepisuth said they liked the fact that he was an independent candidate without any political affiliation, 19 per cent were impressed with his achievements and determination, 17 per cent wanted to give him a chance and wanted to try a new option, and 14 per cent said he had a clean image and followed through on his promises.

About 37 per cent of those who have decided to vote for Kosit said he was easy to access and easygoing, 33 per cent said his words make sense and his policies are interesting, while 28 per cent said he had no political affiliation and worked independently.

About 44 per cent of those opting for Suharit said he was "kind and had his feet firmly on the ground", 33 per cent liked his unorthodox ways of thinking and found his policies interesting, while 22 per cent said he was innovative, creative and technologically minded.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-02-03

Another poll result based on about 0.0001% of the population. coffee1.gif Imagine handing PTP affiliates more control of the monetary supply, especially for Bangkok.

Hey, if ptp promised to splash the cash in bangkok too, as in the general election, 99% of bangkokians would vote ptp too.

Why they stuck with sukhjmband, God only knows.

• Like 1

Most of my Thai friends will vote for Sukhumbhand, although they are aware that he had a dull performance and they would prefer to see a fresh face. But voting for the PTP candidate is no option whatsoever. Bangkok in the hands of Phua Thai scares the hell out of them.

Edited by rheinwiese

I was trying to explain the concept of a "spoiler" to my wife. In this case I'm pretty sure that Seripisuth is the spoiler. If my understanding of his background and supporters is correct, the people who are voting for him would probably vote for Sukumpan if he was not in the picture.

I would not be surprised to see the PT candidate win this election. After all, they elected Samak with his unsavoury background (he was heavily involved in the massacre of protesting students in '76)

Another poll result based on about 0.0001% of the population. coffee1.gif Imagine handing PTP affiliates more control of the monetary supply, especially for Bangkok.

Why? Are you afraid your hi-so chums in the Democratic party are going to have their snouts pushed out of another trough? As for your first point, well do try to read the heading - this is an election for BANGKOK only, so your maths is totally up the spout (along with Sukhumbhand, by the sound of it)thumbsup.gif