Need Advice On How To Get Work Permits And Visa Requrements In Phuket

My Thai girlfriend and i decided to move to Phuket and open some food or clothes business, she is in her 40"s and me in late 50"s.

we just started warried a lot when we read about problems with immigrations office farangs have if they own business, some say officials from office call them every 2-3 months asking to pay under the table, also tax office visits them every month and asks to pay huge amounts .

Can anyone sugest what is the best way to do the business, how to avoid immigration and tax offices extortion and how much work permits would cost to run business by thai law in Phulet? Aso can somebody suggest me what is the best and cheapest way to get multiply entry visa class O in Phuket because we used to get it in Hua Hin before.

Every reply would be kindly appreciated, thanks

On your current extension of stay you are simply not allowed to work, as you don't have a work permit and will not get one on an extension of stay based on retirement. You would need to revert to an extension of stay based on employement.

A work permit costs 3,100 baht per year.

The problem is that you are not allowed to do a job such as salesperson, but can be a manager. If you want to set up a business with your girl friend, it might be best to let her do all the work and not to show your face in the store.

But you need to set up a business first and for that you need a lawfirm which can help you with setting it up and explaining what you need to do. Best to get information from the lawfirm about local conditions and requirements.