Directions To Lto

willyumcr

It's here, and can be done on motorbike:

http://www.thaivisa....ections-please/

Thanks Woody1. I hadn't realized you can use that hwy 36 with a MB.

Hi, yes you can, and although I don't particularly like doing it on a small bike (because of the volume and speed of traffic), if you travel from Pattaya around Mapbrachan Lake then through Pong and join HWY 36 there you will only be on it for a couple of miles.

• Like 1

Thanks for that information but I am unfamiliar with Mapbrachan Lake and also Pong so unsure of going that way.

Very, very straight forward, and also a very nice ride around the lake. There are also plenty of little bars and restaurants that are well worth a visit, and break up the journey should you wish. I might add that the majority of these places are much cheaper (and IMHO nicer) for all types of fare on offer than there counterparts in Pattaya / Jomtien.

Probably the easiest route (but not the only one if you're going from Jomtien) if unfamilliar with the area is to simply take Soi Siam Country Club from Sukhumvit in Central Pattaya, keep on that road crossing the railway tracks and Pattaya by-pass road, keep going a few miles until passing a sign for Horseshoe Point to your right, (the lake is now on your left), you will then come to a 90 degree left hand bend in the road (with a large red Siam Country Club sign in front above the road, and a large 7-11 on the right), follow the road to the left here, continuing around the lake's edge. After a few more miles you will come to another 90 degree left hand bend in the road (Mulligans Irish Bar and Restaurant is on the right), again follow the road to the left for approx 600 yards, until you arrive at a junction where you can turn right, away from the lake, take this turning right, you are now in the sub-district of Pong. After only a couple of miles you will come to a fly-over ahead of you in the road (which goes over HWY 36), bear left here rather than going over the fly-over, you are now on HWY 36 and a couple of miles from your destination.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I think if you just continue on Siam CC road all the way to the end you can get to it via the road alongside Bira Circuit, no need to go on the 36 at all. Not sure of the directions though for the last bit.

I think you're mistaken, BIRA (next to Siam Plantation Golf Course) and LTO (next to Regents School) are miles apart. Not saying you couldn't go that way, but it's definately out of the way, and you would be on HWY 36 considerably longer!

Thanks for that information but I am unfamiliar with Mapbrachan Lake and also Pong so unsure of going that way.

Very, very straight forward, and also a very nice ride around the lake. There are also plenty of little bars and restaurants that are well worth a visit, and break up the journey should you wish. I might add that the majority of these places are much cheaper (and IMHO nicer) for all types of fare on offer than there counterparts in Pattaya / Jomtien.

Probably the easiest route (but not the only one if you're going from Jomtien) if unfamilliar with the area is to simply take Soi Siam Country Club from Sukhumvit in Central Pattaya, keep on that road crossing the railway tracks and Pattaya by-pass road, keep going a few miles until passing a sign for Horseshoe Point to your right, (the lake is now on your left), you will then come to a 90 degree left hand bend in the road (with a large red Siam Country Club sign in front above the road, and a large 7-11 on the right), follow the road to the left here, continuing around the lake's edge. After a few more miles you will come to another 90 degree left hand bend in the road (Mulligans Irish Bar and Restaurant is on the right), again follow the road to the left for approx 600 yards, until you arrive at a junction where you can turn right, away from the lake, take this turning right, you are now in the sub-district of Pong. After only a couple of miles you will come to a fly-over ahead of you in the road (which goes over HWY 36), bear left here rather than going over the fly-over, you are now on HWY 36 and a couple of miles from your destination.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

A big thank you for this. When I go I will for sure try this out.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Thanks again Woody1. Those directions were perfect and very easy route to go.
  • Like 1