Macau Masters Hotel

I spent a couple nights there last year. I was an OK budget hotel. The room was a little small as I remember, but it was fine. I wanted to stay there as it was right on the water, and when I checked in I paid a bit more to get a room on the water side so I could look out the window and see China. I would give the place 2 stars.

The location was fine, maybe a 10-15 minute walk to the central square, and on the main road going towards the China border. Its not very touristy around the hotel, more of just a working kind of area.

I wouldn't book on the internet however as if you just show up the the price is much cheaper than the internet price, I paid in the 300's MOP for my room.

After that visit I stayed in the Beverly Plaza on one trip and the Emporer on another trip, both booked through travel agents in Macau for around 430 MOP, and both nicer hotels.

Thanks for the feedback easybaybob. It appears from your comments that this hotel should be acceptable for a three night stay. I note your comments about other better hotels, however my timed visit is over Easter, which is celebrated there in Macau and the other hotels have jacked their prces up by 200% which I consider greedy.

What with a day trip to HK and possibly a foray into the PRC I wont be spending much time in the hotel.

One thing that does bother me a little is the fact that Mainland girls of the night etc are very much into Macau and I was hoping that the Masters Hotel was NOT one of their bases.

One thing that does bother me a little is the fact that Mainland girls of the night etc are very much into Macau and I was hoping that the Masters Hotel was NOT one of their bases.

Don't worry about that, there are no mainland girls of the night hanging out at the hotel. That was sort of surprizing considering the location, but in the two days or whatever I was there I never saw a single one there. Now the London Hotel......