Silverlake Waterpark

jbrain

Today I had a ride on the bike in the area of the Silverlake Vineyard.

I heard somewhere around there is supposed to be built the biggest waterpark of Asia, not ?

I couldn't find any construction site that looked like a waterpark to be.

What I noticed was a quite large building right opposite the Budha sculpture, which was half finished en where all construction seemingly has halted.

Then I also found next to the site where the Burapha bike week will be held, a very large construction site with new roads, and what looked like a possible location and sizing for a waterpark.

Again all construction had been stopped. No machinery on site not even a single spade.

I thought that the waterpark was supposed to open later this year. If that last site was indeed the location , then I doubt it will open in the next 3 years, if at all.

Someone can confirm if this is the waterpark that the press has made such a big poeha about, and why all construction in the area, that once was described as the tourist goldmine, has completely stopped.

you were close but not close enough, it is actually being constructed on the Shukumvit going towards Rayong on the right hand side last time i drove past it was well under way.\

The one om sukhumvith is a different one, commisioned by Cartoon network. At the Siilverlake would be the biggest one in Asia commisioned by Thai people.

LOL I was out there as well today. Venue for the bike show will be interesting with the dirt roads, I like the layout though so should be awesome.

SundayArvo_BuraphavenuewithRuss_zpsc463a337.jpg

Indeed the venue looks very nice, but if it rains in the days before the bike meeting I will give it a miss I guess.

you were close but not close enough, it is actually being constructed on the Shukumvit going towards Rayong on the right hand side last time i drove past it was well under way.\

The one om sukhumvith is a different one, commisioned by Cartoon network. At the Siilverlake would be the biggest one in Asia commisioned by Thai people.

You got the Location right, but the "commissioning" wrong: the Waterpark @ Silverlake is being undertaken by a Russian conglomerate.

The money behind the winery's water park is Russian. All the design and development are being done by international firms.

http://www.ramayanawaterpark.com/

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=75882689

I think it should be done fairly soon. The target was Songkran, but I haven't gotten an update since September or so. The traffic is going to be horrible.

The money behind the winery's water park is Russian. All the design and development are being done by international firms.

http://www.skyscrape....php?p=75882689

I think it should be done fairly soon. The target was Songkran, but I haven't gotten an update since September or so. The traffic is going to be horrible.

Craig, as Jaapfries confirms that the location I'm pointing out is correct. you should take a look there again.

At the moment there is nothing yet, other than a few unfinished roads.Not a single building, or any machinery on site.

Again, I suppose the site is located at the same side of the road as the Budha statue, and has a new road leading to it. Right next to it is this years Bike week venue.

Is this the correct location.

Hmmm...I know there are going to be 2 water parks. One by the winery (I posted the links above) and the other is the Cartoon Network's one on Suk as you mentioned.

I go by the winery on a regular basis. I know there's work ongoing to the left as you are headed there. Some kinda water canals and bridges. Not sure if that is the water park as it looks too small compared to what the plans show. I also go by the one on Suk fairly often and I have seen some work being done. I haven't been by in a month or so, so things may have changed????

wai2.gif

Hmmm...I know there are going to be 2 water parks. One by the winery (I posted the links above) and the other is the Cartoon Network's one on Suk as you mentioned.

I go by the winery on a regular basis. I know there's work ongoing to the left as you are headed there. Some kinda water canals and bridges. Not sure if that is the water park as it looks too small compared to what the plans show. I also go by the one on Suk fairly often and I have seen some work being done. I haven't been by in a month or so, so things may have changed????

wai2.gif

Judging from the pictures in this link you posted http://www.ramayanawaterpark.com/?page=news the site is located at the right side, behind the winery.

In the pictures you can clearly see the new build road that is leading to it.

WShat you can see in the pictures on the website, which were posted 24/10/2012, is also all you can see as of today.The only change is that the trucks and digging machines are all removed.

There is completely no progress made since thos pictures were taken.

By the way, the site on the left hand side which you are reffering to, has seemngly also been halted.

wai2.gif

Judging from the pictures in this link you posted http://www.ramayanaw....com/?page=news the site is located at the right side, behind the winery.

In the pictures you can clearly see the new build road that is leading to it.

WShat you can see in the pictures on the website, which were posted 24/10/2012, is also all you can see as of today.The only change is that the trucks and digging machines are all removed.

There is completely no progress made since thos pictures were taken.

By the way, the site on the left hand side which you are reffering to, has seemngly also been halted.

Interesting. I'll have an update later this week as I'm having drinks with my friend who works there...or maybe use to??? 55555

The skyscraper website shows the construction site with pictures.

That are the exact same pictures as in the link in my previous post and were posted on the Ramayana site end of October last year.

As I said, since then there has nothing been changed, other than that all labour and machinery has been moved out.

I guess the money of investors has been collected, and that was the most important thing.

I know where it's located now. Lots of pics here:

http://newpattaya.com/news/ramayana-water-park/

Looks to be down that road that goes to the right between Buddha mountain and the winery.

From what I remember from my friend, the Russian guy doing this is very wealthy and using mainly his own money....but I will verify later this week.

I know where it's located now. Lots of pics here:

http://newpattaya.co...ana-water-park/

Looks to be down that road that goes to the right between Buddha mountain and the winery.

From what I remember from my friend, the Russian guy doing this is very wealthy and using mainly his own money....but I will verify later this week.

WhiteWater West Industries of Canada who have customers including Disney, Seaworld, Chimelong Water Park and the Beijing Water Cube will construct this 900 Million Baht water park.

Well from my observations yesterday, white water west has either lost their way and are stuck in Walking street ever since they arrived in Thailand, or they gonna construct this project with the use of spades only.

Of course it could also be that someone has changed his mind, but there is no way that this project will be even remotely finished in 6 months.

Edited by jbrain

I'm not convinced by these waterparks at all.

The Cartoon Network one seems to progress quite slowly (though constantly) and it looks quite small to me from the road. I was expecting something much bigger. I also thought that it would have been open for this high season, but there's no chance of that now. Somehow it just doesnt look like there's a lot of money being spent on it.

That Ramayana place has an office next door to Linda's Restaurant (no connection that I know of) on Thappraya, but there never seems to be anything happening in there.

Driving to Bang Saray today for a walk I noticed signs for yet another waterpark. The signs were on Sukumvit near to Nong Nooch and opposite the Cartoon Park.

The Cartoon Network one seems to progress quite slowly (though constantly) and it looks quite small to me from the road. I was expecting something much bigger. I also thought that it would have been open for this high season, but there's no chance of that now. Somehow it just doesnt look like there's a lot of money being spent on it.

That Ramayana place has an office next door to Linda's Restaurant (no connection that I know of) on Thappraya, but there never seems to be anything happening in there.

Driving to Bang Saray today for a walk I noticed signs for yet another waterpark. The signs were on Sukumvit near to Nong Nooch and opposite the Cartoon Park.

Well you know how it works here. Someone get's an idea, and the next minute everyone is copying that idea, of course without doing any market survey or whatever.

• Like 2

Well you know how it works here. Someone get's an idea, and the next minute everyone is copying that idea, of course without doing any market survey or whatever.

@ hundreds of millions of Baht it's a hell of an idea to copy !!

@ hundreds of millions of Baht it's a hell of an idea to copy !!

But the keyword in my post was " Copying " , I didn't mention " Realising " smile.png

http://www.skyscrape....php?p=75882689

Craig, as Jaapfries confirms that the location I'm pointing out is correct. you should take a look there again.

At the moment there is nothing yet, other than a few unfinished roads.Not a single building, or any machinery on site.

Again, I suppose the site is located at the same side of the road as the Budha statue, and has a new road leading to it. Right next to it is this years Bike week venue.

Correct location, only some roads and retaining walls have been constructed

wai2.gif

That one you're referring to next to the Silverlake Restaurant is part of the Silverlake development and nothing to do with the waterpark which is on the opposite side with the entrance road to it dissecting the Silverlake car park.

Correct location, only some roads and retaining walls have been constructed

Surprise, surprise, today there were excavators on site and trucks were taking away the earth they digged up.

Would you think that this has anything to do with the press being in the area today ?

in regard to the Cartoon Network Water Park I was having a chat to the wife of the Architectual Engineer who is working down there. The Cartoon Network Park was initially pencilled in to be finished in June, however it is running behind schedule. No surprise there. The park is Russian owned and it is the first time they have done a development in Thailand. I was told they are finding some interesting 'nuances' when dealing with the Thai white collar workers on the job which is impacting on the speed of construction.

in regard to the Cartoon Network Water Park I was having a chat to the wife of the Architectual Engineer who is working down there. The Cartoon Network Park was initially pencilled in to be finished in June, however it is running behind schedule. No surprise there. The park is Russian owned and it is the first time they have done a development in Thailand. I was told they are finding some interesting 'nuances' when dealing with the Thai white collar workers on the job which is impacting on the speed of construction.

And no doubt the biggest surprises will be presented once it has opened.