Emirates Gold

timbershifter

Only if you are travelling biz or first. If you are in bi then she is allowed to use your lounge access for being gold.

It seems daft as how likely is it you would be travelling in different classes but there you go!

The benefits of Skywards Gold

When you become a Skywards Gold member, you are entitled to a premium level of service and privileges. In addition to all the benefits of Skywards Silver, you'll also enjoy exclusive Gold member benefits, such as:

• Guaranteed seat reservations, even on fully-booked flights (restrictions apply).
  • Personal travel assistance from our dedicated Gold Desk.
  • Complimentary e-gate access at Dubai International Airport*.
  • Access to all Emirates and affiliated Business Class lounges. Gold members travelling in Business or First Class can take a companion travelling on the same Emirates flight as the member into the lounge. For lounge access in some countries, minors may need to be accompanied by an adult.
  • Premium Skywards Opening Doors benefits from our worldwide partners.

http://www.skywards.com/Member_benefits.aspx?SkinId=2

Only if you are travelling biz or first. If you are in bi then she is allowed to use your lounge access for being gold.

It seems daft as how likely is it you would be travelling in different classes but there you go!

The benefits of Skywards Gold

When you become a Skywards Gold member, you are entitled to a premium level of service and privileges. In addition to all the benefits of Skywards Silver, you'll also enjoy exclusive Gold member benefits, such as:

• Guaranteed seat reservations, even on fully-booked flights (restrictions apply).
  • Personal travel assistance from our dedicated Gold Desk.
  • Complimentary e-gate access at Dubai International Airport*.
  • Access to all Emirates and affiliated Business Class lounges. Gold members travelling in Business or First Class can take a companion travelling on the same Emirates flight as the member into the lounge. For lounge access in some countries, minors may need to be accompanied by an adult.
  • Premium Skywards Opening Doors benefits from our worldwide partners.

http://www.skywards....s.aspx?SkinId=2

I bought the ticket at Emirates in BKK, i handed them my gold card when i made the booking.

My wife is not a member of Skywards, on both of our tickets it states gold so hopefully it will be

on her bording pass aswell. Wife's pregnant so want to make it as comfortable for her as possable

By the way there's a new level of membership been announced, Platinum Level, 150,000 miles.

It will effectively guarantee an upgrade to business class on every flight, and knowing Emirates as I do, if Business is full Platinum will get bumped up to First Class.

I'll need to get my act together to qualify for that......oh well. More flights coming up!! drunk.gif

What is the chanse of a cattle class flyer to clock up 150 000 miles.

I'm flying BKK-DXB-Rio 28days in 28 out every month year in year out and

don't even manage 100 000 miles per year

As you say in 'economy' you have no chance to manage 150,000 PA

but in Business/First Class then you have a chance !

What is the chanse of a cattle class flyer to clock up 150 000 miles.

I'm flying BKK-DXB-Rio 28days in 28 out every month year in year out and

don't even manage 100 000 miles per year

Exactly how many flights per year are you taking? "28 days in 28 out every month year in year out" does not make sense...

BKK-GIG you're earning (depending on fare choice) between 10,000 to 20,000 tier miles (return)

So if I'm assuming correctly. that your above comment means you're flying that route every 28 days - depending on fare choice - it is possible to obtain the 150,000 tier miles required for Platinum even when sitting at the back of the bus (8 return flights per year at Skywards Flex Fare or 15 return flights per year at Skyward Saver Fare)

I will admit I've sat at the front while my wife sat at the back... - but that was because the company I work for paid for my (rather expensive) business class ticket, while I had to pay for my wife's ticket...

You need to be rolling in money to pay full fare business class - and it was too short notice to get it reasonably cheaply.