Security Tightened Ahead Of Yingluck's Chiang Mai Visit Following Terrorism Reports

webfact

Phew!!... We're close to being out of the woods now. All has been saved by Deputy Prime Minister Pheu Thai Party MP Police Captain Dr. Chalerm...

Due to his and Yingluck's stepped up, tightened, vigilant, beefed up, heightened security measures, most of the Al-Qaeda terrorists with Australian weapons and explosives have all fled in horror and fear.

Thanks Chalerm. :wai:

You're the Greatest!

:thumbsup:

(see Post # 66)

Edited by Buchholz

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Al-Qaeda Won't Be Able To Carry Out Attack, Says Thai Government

The Thai government believes that the Al-Qaeda terrorist group will not be able to carry out its planned attack on the United States Consulate in Chiang Mai this month. Deputy Prime Minister Charlem Yubamrung attributed the belief to the fact that the Thai authorities were on full alert and prepared to handle such a threat.

Furthermore, a numbers of terrorists had left the country upon learning of the authorities' state of preparedness, he told reporters here today. "I was informed by Region 5 Police Chief Lt Gen Suthep Detraksa that a number of them have fled the country.

"Some of the terrorists are still in the country but we believe they won't be able to carry out their threat as the Thai authorities are now on full alert," he said.

Continued:

http://www.malaysian...-thai-govt.html

Bernama - February 12, 2012

Which al Qaida is this? The nasty AQ, which murdered foreign oil industry workers in Algeria? Or the nice AQ, which the West has armed to the teeth in Syria? Supplied arms included shoulder-launched anti-aircraft missiles - nice thought for frequent fliers. And they call the Western psychopaths in charge of all this the INTELLIGENCE services?

I don't think it is Al Qaeda they are backing as much as it is the Muslim Brotherhood. For some reason Europe and the US have decided that the MB in charge of the Middle East is a good thing, why I don't know it's not in my pay grade to wonder.

So, let me see. Some of the terrorists have left. Some are still here. All is well though because we have managed to apprehend none of them.

I am now fully convinced that the good DPM would not know his arse from his elbow.

Perhaps the reference to billiard balls is really referring to himself. He is about as sharp as one.

Edited by Fozfromoz

So, let me see. Some of the terrorists have left. Some are still here. All is well though because we have managed to apprehend none of them.

I am now fully convinced that the good DPM would not know his arse from his elbow.

Perhaps the reference to billiard balls is really referring to himself. He is about as sharp as one.

No most likely not, but he does know the business end of a bottle of scotch. Edited by dcutman

If Al Quaeda were actually interested, the last people to know would be the Thai gov. 9/11, London Underdround, Mumbai,

Who knew? Maybe a DPM kept quiet.

Come on Chalerm. Have a drink and tell the World your sources.

Sure the CIA, MI5, KGB, whatever it's current name is, Mossad, and countless other security agencies would love to know how you know so much.

Gotta wonder though; You know all this about up norrth, why didn't you know about all the recent attax down south?

Edited by Soi Sauce

I am sure we can now rest easy knowing that Thai security agencies will be used to beef up security at the U.S. Embassy in Chiang Mai. I am sure they will be equipped with the fastest running shoes also in case they need to do the Thai security defense maneuver, "Run for your Life!" Thanks but no thanks Prime Minister Yingluck. We in America have U.S. Marines at all our U.S Embassies. They will fight like marines and defend the Embassy against all adversaries. Thai security forces are a joke and will run when threatened or worst case scenario allow the enemy to come in if they were to get a bribe. After our mistake at the unfortunate Benghazi attack at the U.S. Embassy in Libya we definitely will not be taking any chances and putting our trust in the hands of Thai security to protect our assets. President Obama presently is being grilled for his alleged lack of swifter action in defending the embassy. Trust me any valid threats on U.S. Embassies will cause a high alert, more Marines and added security measures.

Now airplanes landed in Chiang Mai airport every 10 minutes. I thought something was wrong. Especially check the internet now and found the message.

Annual escapade of COBRA GOLD exercises is the most likely source of the runway activity. US, Thai, and others of the military persuasion doing war-games for their annual event.

I am sure we can now rest easy knowing that Thai security agencies will be used to beef up security at the U.S. Embassy in Chiang Mai. I am sure they will be equipped with the fastest running shoes also in case they need to do the Thai security defense maneuver, "Run for your Life!" Thanks but no thanks Prime Minister Yingluck. We in America have U.S. Marines at all our U.S Embassies. They will fight like marines and defend the Embassy against all adversaries. Thai security forces are a joke and will run when threatened or worst case scenario allow the enemy to come in if they were to get a bribe. After our mistake at the unfortunate Benghazi attack at the U.S. Embassy in Libya we definitely will not be taking any chances and putting our trust in the hands of Thai security to protect our assets. President Obama presently is being grilled for his alleged lack of swifter action in defending the embassy. Trust me any valid threats on U.S. Embassies will cause a high alert, more Marines and added security measures.

There are no U.S. Marines guarding the U.S. Consulate in Chiang Mai. Everyone knows this.

BANGKOK, 7 December 2012 (NNT) -

Chalerm : Thailand is not terrorism land

Deputy Prime Minister Police Captain Chalerm Yubamrung has affirmed yesterday that Thailand is not a country of terrorism after it was ranked eighth in the global terrorism index by the Institute for Economics and Peace.

Police Captain Chalerm downplayed the ranking by the US agency and attributed the misunderstanding to recent political protests in the country. He expressed confidence towards the operation of immigration police, the special branch police and other security units.

The Deputy Prime Minister said that the US has once believed that the terrorist group Hezbollah came to Thailand, but the issue was later proven false.

Police Captain Chalerm also expressed confidence that Thailand is not terrorism-prone as it is a Buddhist country and is not aligned with any major power bloc. He said the unrest in the south is deemed as being instigated by insurgents and separatists, not an act of terrorism.

The Deputy Prime Minister then pointed out that media reports which cover the incidents in the Deep South has been causing fears among the public while the local people do not share the same level of panic.

He however noted that he has been working closely with the authorities and is aware of the situation in the region. By RADIO THAILAND & INSIGHT INFO

http://thainews.prd....OL5512070010004

Insurgents and separatists !! If I was the leader here I would drive these insurgents and separatists out of my country!!!!!!

Deputy Prime Minister Police Captain Chalerm Yubamrung has affirmed yesterday that Thailand is not a country of terrorism after it was ranked eighth in the global terrorism index by the Institute for Economics and Peace.

Police Captain Chalerm downplayed the ranking by the US agency and attributed the misunderstanding to recent political protests in the country. He expressed confidence towards the operation of immigration police, the special branch police and other security units.

The Deputy Prime Minister said that the US has once believed that the terrorist group Hezbollah came to Thailand, but the issue was later proven false.

Police Captain Chalerm also expressed confidence that Thailand is not terrorism-prone as it is a Buddhist country and is not aligned with any major power bloc. He said the unrest in the south is deemed as being instigated by insurgents and separatists, not an act of terrorism.

The Deputy Prime Minister then pointed out that media reports which cover the incidents in the Deep South has been causing fears among the public while the local people do not share the same level of panic.

He however noted that he has been working closely with the authorities and is aware of the situation in the region. By RADIO THAILAND & INSIGHT INFO

Insurgents and separatists !! If I was the leader here I would drive these insurgents and separatists out of my country!!!!!!

I meant to add we all know who these people are!!

Here is a hint, they represent 26% of the world population and are expected to be 1 out of 3 people by 2030!

I kinda half-hope (but not really) that the US embassy is blown to smitherines (with the US intelligence removing staff beforehand)........ just to put this xxxxxxx in his place. If miracles can happen...... pls let this be one!

-mel. wink.png

Edited by metisdead

Al Queda has obviously heard that the US consulate is about to host another boring party where a load of expat yanks stand around eating weiners and drinking that awful Bud beer and talking about the good ol days when Dubya was in charge and have decided to do us all a favour and get it cancelled by spreading rumours that Bin Laden will be attending

Heightened security to stop Al-Qaeda terrorists' Operation Billiard Ball at Chiang Mai's U.S. Consulate

hightenedsecurity_zps877f101c.png

Matichon news - February 12, 2013:

http://www.matichon....atid=&subcatid=

Oh yea, that will stop them.

$100 bucks says you could walk up to that guy and tell him you had a suicide vest strapped on and he would just laugh and wave you on.

There are no U.S. Marines guarding the U.S. Consulate in Chiang Mai. Everyone knows this.

Correct. Marine Security Guards are only posted at select Embassies and Consulates.

UPDATE:

Security gets beefed up in Chiang Mai after terror attack threat

THE NATION

30199921-01_big.jpg

CHIANG MAI: -- Security has been strengthened in Chiang Mai following warnings of a planned terrorist attack against the US Consulate, Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said yesterday.

"The United States has not requested extra measures but Thailand will take every precaution," she said.

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung said he instructed Provincial Police Region 5 commissioner Lt-General Suthep Detraksa to ensure security and monitor for any suspicious activity since last Wednesday.

In Bangkok, US Embassy spokesman Walter Braunohler said the consulate remained open for business but said precautions will be taken to protect US facilities.

"We continue to take every precaution to protect our facility - whether it’s in Bangkok, Chiang Mai or worldwide - our employees and our visitors," Braunohler told Associated Press.

Chalerm said the tip-off about the planned attack came from domestic sources and not foreign intelligence.

"At issue is not the reliability of the report but the vigilance to foil violence." He refused to comment or speculate on the linkage about the warning and the Cobra Gold military exercise.

He said he believed the planned attack may have been aborted and that the terrorists had left the country because their plan was exposed.

Chiang Mai governor Thanin Supasaen said authorities were checking guesthouses where suspected terrorists might stay. "I have met with security authorities every day but found no suspicious activities at this juncture," the governor said.

Chiang Mai Police commander Maj-General Kasemsant Boonyakan said he had circulated the names of 15 suspected terrorists to all hotels and guesthouses.

At the consulate, the provincial police have set up a command post to provide round-the-clock security.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-02-13

Reaction is spreading as based upon the possibility of terrorists attacking the U.S. Consulate in Chiang Mai, the Phuket Province Police Chief Police Major-General Chote Chawalwiwat has placed the island's police force on heightened alert as his province is also popular with foreigners.

Here is a hint, they represent 26% of the world population and are expected to be 1 out of 3 people by 2030!

Come now, even their most ardent supporters here don't credit the reds with that many followers.

Edited by ballpoint
  • Like 1

"It's difficult to find them because there are a lot of tourists in Chiang Mai"

tourists.... phffft... always getting in the way of things.

Now their presence is concealing an unknown number of marauding Al-Qaeda terrorists with Australian explosives.

:angry:

Easy. Just look for a bunch of boomerang carrying men of Middle Eastern descent. The fuses coming out of their thongs, the excess supply of barbie starter, and the suicide singlets, are also dead giveaways.

Edited by ballpoint