San Sai 9 Hole Golf & Driving Range

jagi00

I used to play there fairly regularly and always used the same caddy. At the end of November they had started work on expanding the course to 18 holes but by Xmas they had apparently sold it off to a Singaporean developer who will build some sort of residential complex on the site

I used to play there fairly regularly and always used the same caddy. At the end of November they had started work on expanding the course to 18 holes but by Xmas they had apparently sold it off to a Singaporean developer who will build some sort of residential complex on the site

Yes, sad to see it go, it was handy for a quick game or practice. At the current rate of development, there will not be many green areas left around San Sai.

• 11 months later...

The double decker Sansai driving range was perfect for my needs, particularly living in the eastern burbs.

For those of you who used to use this driving range, and found it convenient, where are you now going to hit balls?

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

The double decker Sansai driving range was perfect for my needs, particularly living in the eastern burbs.

For those of you who used to use this driving range, and found it convenient, where are you now going to hit balls?

Thanks.

I would also like to know too. Did anyone check out the place suggested?

Yes. It's on the right off the new 1001 near the Land Office also on the right. Going out from the city go through the lights at Meechok, through the next lights and its a few km down on the right. But not that easy to find.....

Where have you guys been? This new place is called 'The New Sansai Golf Driving Range and Par 3 Nine Hole Extravaganza', i think. I've been and it is fine. The course offers unlimited play, free trolley bring your own balls and clubs. Greens ain't bad either. Driving range balls at a good price and does not face south so not too hot or sunny.

Yeah, it's off the MaeJo road, going towards CM. Watch for small signs, take a few twists and turns and there you be.

I scoped this place out yesterday. The location is NOT obvious. Many thanks to nivram4491 for providing GPS coordinates. It is due east from Land & House Park. It is not directly off Maejo road.. you need to take a couple back roads east, from the main road.

I've never been to the original, as I am new to Chaing Mai. But this place is a double decker driving range. It seemed to be in good operating condition. I can happily practice here.

They have a 9 hole golf course for 250THB per DAY (not per round), plus 75THB caddie per NINE HOLES round.

Here's some images to help:

<i'm trying to figure out how to upload images...will update when i do. Admins, please advise?? "My Media" doesn't allow uploads>

All around, for 325THB to play 9 holes including caddie, or 35THB for a tray of 40 grade A practice balls, I find this to be a good place for practicing.