Chalerm Parades Hmong Drug Suspects In Massive Meth Seizure At Police Sports Club

webfact

Chalerm parades Hmong drug suspects in massive meth seizure at Police Sports Club

By Coconuts Bangkok

ZT20130215_CNBK_Drug024-578x385.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Prime Minister Chalearm Yoobamrung announced the arrest of three Hmong men and the seizure newsjsof 1.97 million speed pills and 20 kilograms of crystal meth today at Royal Thai Police Sports Club on Vibhavadi Rangsit Road.

The bust was performed yesterday on the Chiang Saen-Mae Chan route in Chiang Rai province, following a tip-off that Hmong people would move the drugs from Mae Fah Luang district down to Central Thailand.

Police reportedly followed four suspected vehicles on the road and shot one dealer dead on the scene following an gunfire exchange. They nabbed 20-year-old Patheep Saeyang, 35-year-old Sitthichai Saeyang and 20-year-old Siridetch Saethao.

Full story: http://www.coconutsb...ce-sports-club/

-- COCONUTS Bangkok 2013-02-15

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why one asks was the photo op at the Police Club ?

Was the reason due to the proximity of copious amounts of ear medicine in case Deputy P.M.Chalerm became sick and thus affected by the vapours due due to the excitement of it all.

Might he ( Chalerm) have thus been in need of a dose or two of his ear medicine so as to strengthen his resolve in fighting terrorism and crime ?

Ooop's sorry I forgot Chalerm told us there is nor was any terrorist activity in Thailand on his watch..whistling.gif

Or was it the ideal setting for a divvy up of the merchandise thus increasing the B.I.B. monthly income (on a sliding scale of course) as admitted by a sergeant involved in a Chinese New Years charity collection in a tailors shop recently?

Surely a secure Police Station would have been the correct location for this photo op?

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

In the massive meth seizure at police sport club, I expected to read which policeman's locker it was found in.

Everyone was expected that, but as you can see here, half the Thais inform on the other half. It is always a tip off.

Sadly much of the drug trade in Chiang Mai appears to be centred somewhere near Mae Tang where you can go up the hills and see these wonderful homes built by Hill tribers who have access to drug profits. If I know this, then the police do tooooooo ............

One account mentioned 8 pickups in the caravan and now it is 4. but only 2 vehicles siezed. They can dispatch 50 police to check serving times in bars, but cannot find a way to stop all the caravan of drug carriers.

I am impressed that a warrent for arrest will be issued for a fugitive outside Thailand, maybe Chalerm can include a few other well known namest on additional arrest warrents.

More than likely Chalerm is upset as he could not get a photo shot of him setting a clock for various bedtimes in the south so this will have to do, plus it may have been during dry time in the public bars..

Edited by slapout

They knew the exact amount it would fetch on the street...................normally it would need to be tested, weighed and then you could give an account of the value! They knew when, where and who it was supposed to go to. Chalerm is a piss of shit trying to cover his ass after the chinese new year scams!

They knew the exact amount it would fetch on the street...................normally it would need to be tested, weighed and then you could give an account of the value!

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, where does it say the value?

Dunno about you but my reading of Thai says 'Yabba' and 1.97 million pills................not baht.

Edited by Phatcharanan

No-one can tell that 3 little Hmong men can manage quantities of drugs such as this....

These poor <deleted>..kers are being used, and one could almost bet that the idiot, Chalerm, would know who by!...But these clowns will do anything for a photo shoot!!

I have to admit it. He looks sober there.

I don't understand it if they were caught in Chiang Rai what are they doing in a Police Sports Club in Bangkok? Where is the money men behind it and in front of it.

They make it sound like they have really done a big time thing here. Truth is if they keep it up long enough the price of illegal drugs might have to go up. But not with just small potatoes like this.

More like seeds to grow potatoes. I suspect it will look really impressive to people who have no idea of the amount of drugs on the streets of Thailand. The reality is it will hardly matter to the money men behind it. It is a part of business that they expect to happen sooner or later.

Just another case of arresting the small man and ignoring the big men. What can you expect from a ear medicine imbiber.

I work as barefoot doctor where there is no (Thai) doctor with hilltribe people.

Hmong use opium in an old tradition in a controlled way - tribal laws are very strong.

But what I read gives me some conclusions.

1. The Hmongs involved are excluded from the tribe. (Same Hmong girls working in prostitution)

2. A fake scenario

Think about.

• Like 2

Why one asks was the photo op at the Police Club ?

Was the reason due to the proximity of copious amounts of ear medicine in case Deputy P.M.Chalerm became sick and thus affected by the vapours due due to the excitement of it all.

Might he ( Chalerm) have thus been in need of a dose or two of his ear medicine so as to strengthen his resolve in fighting terrorism and crime ?

Ooop's sorry I forgot Chalerm told us there is nor was any terrorist activity in Thailand on his watch..whistling.gif

Or was it the ideal setting for a divvy up of the merchandise thus increasing the B.I.B. monthly income (on a sliding scale of course) as admitted by a sergeant involved in a Chinese New Years charity collection in a tailors shop recently?

Surely a secure Police Station would have been the correct location for this photo op?

Why do you think you are in a position to suggest whether one location is better than another to announce a successful investigation and what difference does it make where the announcement was made?

They knew the exact amount it would fetch on the street...................normally it would need to be tested, weighed and then you could give an account of the value! They knew when, where and who it was supposed to go to. Chalerm is a piss of shit trying to cover his ass after the chinese new year scams!

Maybe it was tested and weighed so that they could give a value.

"A piss of shit"?

I work as barefoot doctor where there is no (Thai) doctor with hilltribe people.

Hmong use opium in an old tradition in a controlled way - tribal laws are very strong.

But what I read gives me some conclusions.

1. The Hmongs involved are excluded from the tribe. (Same Hmong girls working in prostitution)

2. A fake scenario

Think about.

Thinking about it, I'm very glad you're not my doctor. One of your conclusions is "same Hmong girls working in prostitution". What does that mean in the context of this thread?

It's good to see the "hang 'em high" crowd seems to have a small presence, while everyone here is simply pointing out that the real crooks aren't the ones busted...they also do this with busts on the Myanmar side, convenient busts blamed on the hill tribe non-citizens. To conceal the fact that the countries are run by crime lords!

Edited by squarethecircle
  • Like 2

In the massive meth seizure at police sport club, I expected to read which policeman's locker it was found in.

If it had been in a cop's locker it would only have been part of the seizure. A good home would already have been found for the rest

• Like 2