Recommended Pattaya Resort For My Sister And Her Hubby...any Ideas?

krisb

Hi folks, my sister and her other half want help finding a recommended resort in Pattaya Now they want the beach thing and I know beaches around Pattaya can be a little icky for swimming in so is there a resort thats on a nice clean beach somewhere? The resort they are after would have to have great buffet style food, clean, friendly staff etc, you know all those things tourists expect in a resort style holiday without the $1000 a night price tag.

Is there a nearby island they could stay on?

Any ideas or help appreciated!

Thanks all.

Thought I'd add a little more, they are from Australia, so if anyone can think of any travel agents that do good packages or the likes?

They dont have any kids so no need for child friendly resorts. They will be there in July which seems a bit far away yet but then its only 15 weeks away and booking early can get earlybird discounts sometimes, plus hows the weather in Pattaya in July? is it pouring rain everyday?

wai.gif

There are some places to stay out on Koh Larn. But I think they are near the port. Not sure of the beaches.

The beaches get better as you head south. Ravindra is quite nice. Dor Shada is next door. Both are quite expensive. Down south a bit more is Sunset Village and Sea, Sand, Sun:

http://www.seasandsunpty.com/

They are very nice, and I'm sure pricey. I've never been, but heard the beaches down past Rayong are quite nice. But if you are going that far, maybe best to just visit Koh Samet???

• Like 1

Thought I'd add a little more, they are from Australia, so if anyone can think of any travel agents that do good packages or the likes?

They dont have any kids so no need for child friendly resorts. They will be there in July which seems a bit far away yet but then its only 15 weeks away and booking early can get earlybird discounts sometimes, plus hows the weather in Pattaya in July? is it pouring rain everyday?

wai.gif

Weather will be hot with scatter rain. Some days will be crystal clear, others will have some rain, but then clear up.

http://www.weather2travel.com/whentotravel/thailand/pattaya.php

Does it have to be Pattaya?

If not Samet,may be an option,not so far away,for occasional day trips to Pataya.

Doesnt have to be Pattaya. Reason I said Pattaya was they only have limited time, they will be staying with us at the farm for a week then since they will be flying back from Khon Kaen into BKK, I figured they could just catch a taxi from the BKK airport to Pattaya instead of wasting time flying again to Samui or somewhere else to stay at a resort and go to the beach.

if your friends require clean sea and beaches equivalent to Australian standards, their are not any in Pattaya. As suggested Koh Samet could be a good option, about 2.5 hours taxi ride from BKK airport. Koh Larn, about 30 minutes on the ferry from Pattaya, is overrun with tourist day trippers

Depends on what time they are arriving but the resort in Koh Samet below is not bad & right now about $50 a night in July, also they have their own boat to ferry from the port directly to the beach at Koh Samet.

http://www.vongdeuan.com/

Beware that nearly all beaches in Thailand have many unrestrained dogs & that may be a turnoff, unless they are dog lovers.

• Like 1

Whats Rayong like? Is there some nightlife, shopping, things to see and do?

OK for a night or so, but really just another Thai town - again beach is below average when compared to Australia - as you can guess I miss the beautiful clean Australian beaches & sea - planning to move near to Noosa next year for a few years for a refresh!

• Like 1

This place is on the beach at Naklua (north pattaya). It has 3 or 4 restaurants, great pools and a clean beach. It's just a few minutes from all the nightlife. July prices around 5,500 baht/night. Worth a look.

http://www.centaraho...sp#.UR8a6Gd-4d4

Thanks for that suggestion Chickenlegs! I will get them to have a look at this place, its certainly impressive!

If they like the Centara they would probably like the Royal Cliff which has better food and a much classier setting but is a pain in the a*se to get to/from if you dont have a car. Also full of Russians, but where isnt?

No matter where they go in Pattaya the sea is not suitable for swimming in, as far as I'm concerned. I've also seen mounds of drifting garbage in Jomtien, and at all points down to way beyond Rayong. So probably best just to find a place with a nice pool and admire the sea from a distance.

• Like 2