Apartment/condo Rentals In April

Celcius

Will it be tough to find a good deal for April and March in Chiang Mai?

Songkran will be in full effect, does that book up a lot of the rentals or just the hotels?

Basically, I am wondering if I should find a short term solution for now and then when I get there in April try to find something, or try to book something now.

I feel like I will get something better if I look around when I get there, but I also don't want to miss out if a lot of the good places get booked.

"I feel like I will get something better if I look around when I get there"

This is true, but as 'cabralad' points out many of the better or cheaper places fill up quickly. You will be better off having at least a short term rental reservations and then look around once here. Also keep in mind that its easier to rent by month from the 1st rather than some odd day.

Check out the Thai Visa classifieds for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Citylife classifieds, and www.airbnb.com for Chiang Mai.

Good Luck!

This is true, but as 'cabralad' points out many of the better or cheaper places fill up quickly. You will be better off having at least a short term rental reservations and then look around once here. Also keep in mind that its easier to rent by month from the 1st rather than some odd day.

Check out the Thai Visa classifieds for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Citylife classifieds, and www.airbnb.com for Chiang Mai.

Good Luck!

I find airbnb to be quite expensive when I know there are places around that are around 5K-10K baht. Airbnb seems closer to 15-30K

there are definitely some expensive places on there, but there are also places that go for about 10,000B/month. Also have to consider that those are all inclusive prices. Places in the lower price ranges are for rent only. Either way, if its out of your price range, try the other two sites....

Good Luck!

I find airbnb to be quite expensive when I know there are places around that are around 5K-10K baht. Airbnb seems closer to 15-30K

there are definitely some expensive places on there, but there are also places that go for about 10,000B/month. Also have to consider that those are all inclusive prices. Places in the lower price ranges are for rent only. Either way, if its out of your price range, try the other two sites....

Good Luck!

Great advice, thanks! So good oppertunities there, however I'd like to check most of them out in person so I might just have to find a temporary place first.