Maxnet

monty

I'm one of the many people here who use TT&T's Maxnet as ISP and I'm in general happy with what I get.

I pay a little over 2500 Baht/month for 512/256 speeds (Maxnet4life)

I consistently get speeds between 350 and 420kbps, which in Thailand can be considered decent.

The main reason of this post is some people reporting excellent results on the Maxnet4home package (790/month for 512/256).

Which is strange because at first I had Maxnet4home, and speeds never got over 200kbps, and most of the times not even over 100kbps!

When I upgraded, it took them a week to cancel my home package, so I could freely switch between the home and the new life package.

Throughout this week the speeds of the life package were on average 3 to 4 times faster then on the home package.

This phenomena happened exactly the same when I upgraded another home package in another location about a month later! (the first is at the end of Jomtien Beach road, the second at Mabprachan lake, some 20 km away!)

Just two months away, a friend got hooked up to Maxnet4home by accident (miscommunication with his secretary who applied for the package). He hardly ever got over 50kbps. His location was a shop at the Dolphin round-about, North Pattaya.

The upgrade to Maxnet4life saw his speeds instantly jump to over 400kbps...

So I invite all Maxnet users to state their worst speeds, their best speeds, their average speed and how many percent of the time they get either one of those. As well what package, speed you use and the (rough) location you are in...

So I go first, I have two places:

1) Mabprachan Lake, Maxnet4life 256/128

worst: 100kbps, 5% of the time

average: 175 kbps 90% of the time

best: 230 kbps 5% of the time

2)End of Jomtien, Maxnet4life 512/256

worst: 200kbps 5% of the time

average 370 kbps 90%

best 420 kbps 5%

hi Monty, I am on Theppassit road and I have just signed up to Maxnet for life, based on the 'home' comments on this board and the fact that it states on the blurb the home does not support VOIP.

After months of total rubbish TOT dial Up I am ecstatic at the practical speeds I am getting which measure high hundreds most of the time but I did get 212 this evening about 1700 on a 256 package. It does seem to speed up later on but right now it measured 165.

I'm one of the many people here who use TT&T's Maxnet as ISP and I'm in general happy with what I get.

I pay a little over 2500 Baht/month for 512/256 speeds (Maxnet4life)

I consistently get speeds between 350 and 420kbps, which in Thailand can be considered decent.

The main reason of this post is some people reporting excellent results on the Maxnet4home package (790/month for 512/256).

Which is strange because at first I had Maxnet4home, and speeds never got over 200kbps, and most of the times not even over 100kbps!

When I upgraded, it took them a week to cancel my home package, so I could freely switch between the home and the new life package.

Throughout this week the speeds of the life package were on average 3 to 4 times faster then on the home package.

This phenomena happened exactly the same when I upgraded another home package in another location about a month later! (the first is at the end of Jomtien Beach road, the second at Mabprachan lake, some 20 km away!)

Just two months away, a friend got hooked up to Maxnet4home by accident (miscommunication with his secretary who applied for the package). He hardly ever got over 50kbps. His location was a shop at the Dolphin round-about, North Pattaya.

The upgrade to Maxnet4life saw his speeds instantly jump to over 400kbps...

So I invite all Maxnet users to state their worst speeds, their best speeds, their average speed and how many percent of the time they get either one of those. As well what package, speed you use and the (rough) location you are in...

So I go first, I have two places:

1) Mabprachan Lake, Maxnet4life 256/128

worst: 100kbps, 5% of the time

average: 175 kbps 90% of the time

best: 230 kbps 5% of the time

2)End of Jomtien, Maxnet4life 512/256

worst: 200kbps 5% of the time

average 370 kbps 90%

best 420 kbps 5%

Hi,

I got Maxnet for 790?month 256/512 and i am very happy with it

right now i am on this speed ...433kbps over Wlan...which is high....but it has it ups and downs like all the other ISP's too.

I can't complain about it really

rcm :o

I Have Maxnet4home 512/256 790 Baht per month. I am located 350 meters from Carrefour in Central Pattaya. My speeds in the last 4/6 months have been 400 DL 190 UL never going below 385 DL. I am happy and believe I am getting what I pay for. Others in my building are having same speeds.

This taken from the Seattle Washington USA site

screenhunter227ax.jpg

The brochure from Maxnet says that maxnet4home does not support VOIP. Does this mean no skype or does it refer to something else?

Skype works on Maxnet4home . I use it regularly. I think they want to say that the Phones Made specifically for VOIP aren't working with it...

rcm :o

I have only had the maxnet@home 512Kbps package for about a week.

So far it's been ok,

the speeds are nothing like as good for Thai sites as I was getting with Hi-Net 2048 Kbps,

but about the same for international sites.

post-2109-1141484139_thumb.jpg

When we moved I tried to get TT&T to move my telephone line 300 meters up the road

.........no can do !!! :o

so I applied for a new line/number.

In the meantime I went to the TOT office and asked them if they could migrate the existing Hi-Net service over to the new TT&T line ( they used to be partners and you could use a TOT ADSL on TT&T line ) no can do !! :D

So it appears I should have tried to get a TOT line and use thier Cyber gold package

http://203.154.210.35/promotion.htm

Penzman reports good speeds on that package.

I just got 350kbps, which is slightly on the low side, normally its around 370-380...

But consistent with a small slow down during the weekend.

Speeds like you report, I only have maybe 5% of the time, like in the middle of the night!

Madsere, it indeed says in the brochure that VOIP and P2P is not supported, however I haven't seen it actually blocked yet.

Might come later maybe, when their network gets overloaded like True's one!

I think the Thai brochure says more something of not being guaranteed instead of blocked...

post-4701-1141517927_thumb.jpg

Edited by monty

I just got 350kbps, which is slightly on the low side, normally its around 370-380...

But consistent with a small slow down during the weekend.

Speeds like you report, I only have maybe 5% of the time, like in the middle of the night!

Madsere, it indeed says in the brochure that VOIP and P2P is not supported, however I haven't seen it actually blocked yet.

Might come later maybe, when their network gets overloaded like True's one!

I think the Thai brochure says more something of not being guaranteed instead of blocked...

Yes it says P2P and Voip can not be used but that is not the case works here well for now anyway

Edited by hereforgood