Chalerm Choice Shows Yingluck's Ignorance Of The South

webfact

Can anyone truly say that any positive steps towards any kind of reconciliation has occurred under this administration?

Don't you know that reconciliation can only be achieved when Thaksin is absolved from his crimes and is eating noodles at Paragon?

Actually it was a genuine question - has there been any positive/successful moves towards reconciliation for either the whole of Thailand or even just the south since this administration took over?

Can anyone truly say that any positive steps towards any kind of reconciliation has occurred under this administration?

Don't you know that reconciliation can only be achieved when Thaksin is absolved from his crimes and is eating noodles at Paragon?

Actually it was a genuine question - has there been any positive/successful moves towards reconciliation for either the whole of Thailand or even just the south since this administration took over?

The administration's assimilation of a dozen Red Shirt Leaders as Members of Parliament had been stated early on by the government as a sign of reconciliation.

The government has also touted giving 7.75 Million Baht from taxpayers to families of Red Shirts as reconciliation. For some reason they have tended to not trumpet the 0.5 million baht they've similarly given to families of Southerners.

The biggest proof of reconciliation that they claim, exonerating all in amnesty bills, is still in the works.

Edited by Buchholz

His stupidest trait is to genuinely believe that he is that much smarter than people who have infinitely more experience of the issue than him. Than he goes and blabs all his ideas that popped into his head just a minute before to anyone with a microphone.

It's bad enough that when you blab it to the press, the odds are that people will simply disagree with you on principle because its the easy thing to do, but you really do look like a putz, when the idea is so stupid that everyone poo poo's it publically. Better to just <deleted>.

The administration's assimilation of a dozen Red Shirt Leaders as Members of Parliament had been stated early on by the government as a sign of reconciliation.

The government has also touted giving 7.75 Million Baht from taxpayers to families of Red Shirts as reconciliation. For some reason they have tended to not trumpet the 0.5 million baht they've similarly given to families of Southerners.

The biggest proof of reconciliation that they claim, exonerating all in amnesty bills, is still in the works.

We all know when Thaksin thinks Puea Thai acts. So no suprise here that the southerners only get 0.5 million baht as they vote for the democrats. After all this is following Thaksins words to the letter.

So far, he has visited the deep South only once and returned empty-handed from his recent trip to Malaysia.

Even worse. Empty-handed and with a hangover.

post-9891-0-19322000-1361447513_thumb.jp

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay

My, oh my, what a wonderful day

Plenty of gunfire headin' my way

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay

From Song of the South

post-9891-0-05037800-1361447541_thumb.jp post-9891-0-54753400-1361447548_thumb.jp

Hangover? Wine not?

• Like 2

And Chalerm's failures obviously reflect Yingluck's little care and attention toward the southern situation. Had she really cared, she would not have assigned such an important task to Chalerm.

the clueless assigning the clueless

And you would have sent who down to sort out the souths problems.

From memory this problem has been going on for a lot of years, thousands killed/murdered and a lot of governments have changed positions during all this time.

As long as you're promoting me to Prime Minister, I wouldn't have sent anyone.

I would go myself. wink.png

How about you? Who would you send in lieu of Chalerm? Or do you think he's the best choice and that Yingluck was wise to have selected him?

Well if you went yourself, what would you do to sort out the souths problem and dont dodge the question with another question, as you are the one that stated."the clueless assigning the clueless".

Yingluck has indeed been to the southern areas and not so long ago.

As for me, I would not know how to stop the trouble in the south, like all that have tried in one form or another it has failed.

I would in deed have beefed up the military and done more patrols, this would at least help. I mean the Thai Military are not short of soldiers.

The fact is, no one outside those 5 provinces understands the problem. When the "agreement" was drawn up, were the natives consulted? Given the British past record I doubt it. We've booted natives off islands just to let the US use it as a base. The majority there are not Thai, and have no wish to be. The border crossed them. At least offer them autonomy in the majority Rawi speaking provinces, and go from there.

I think there is method in their madness. The man in Dubai might want to rid himself of Chalerm who is a liability and actually doesn't want him to come home, since that would mean he would be pushed out of the limelight immediately and probably dealt with in the same way as Purachai was when he got too big for his boots. Send him down to the South and arrange for a spectacular assassination with only small fragments remaining to make it harder to investigate who was behind it. Chalerm is gone forever, .while the government has an excellent excuse for an extremely robust crackdown in the South. Perfect.

That's fascinating! Do you have a publisher yet?

Chalerm choice may show Yingluck's ignorance of the south and it definitely shows Yingluck's ignorance of Chalerm.

I relate it to a bushel of rotten apples. They are all rotten.

I prefer a sack of rotten rice amongst a stockpile.

Chalerm choice may show Yingluck's ignorance of the south and it definitely shows Yingluck's ignorance of Chalerm.

I relate it to a bushel of rotten apples. They are all rotten.

I prefer a sack of rotten rice amongst a stockpile.

I prefer a sack of rotten rice amongst a stockpile of rotten rice.sad.png

• Like 1

Hmmmm a few posters on this thread with egg on their face now. whistling.gif

Seems like Yingluck was on the right track after all, sending someone to the south and her going to Malaysia.

In fact according to the other paper, documents were signed by a high ranking Malay Rebel leader.

Abhisit the only one who did nothing re the south problem during his term, is the only one winging now and telling the Yingluck Gov to be careful what they agree to. What a gronk. blink.png

Good on Yingluck, she did go south and did something, it’s a start. clap2.gif

Thailand agrees to talk peace with southern Muslim rebel group.

Kuala Lumpur - Thai security officials on Thursday signed a deal to start peace talks with a Muslim rebel group involved in escalating violence in the southern provinces that has killed more than 5,000 people since 2004.

Thai security officials and representatives of the Barisan Revolusi Nasional, signed the agreement in Kuala Lumpur ahead of the visit of Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra for the 5th Malaysia-Thailand Annual Consultation.

Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak and Yingluck were expected to appraise existing cooperation and explore new initiatives, Malaysia’s Foreign Ministry said in a statement.

The leaders were expected to discuss efforts to promote peace, stability, prosperity and connectivity in the border areas, as well as cooperation in labour, trade, education and tourism.

- See more at: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Thailand-agrees-to-talk-peace-with-southern-Muslim-30200913.html#sthash.PHMgfr9q.dpuf

And Chalerm's failures obviously reflect Yingluck's little care and attention toward the southern situation. Had she really cared, she would not have assigned such an important task to Chalerm.

the clueless assigning the clueless

You wonder if peace is on the agenda.

Well while chalerm has been publicly hung out to dry, peace discussions have been going on with one group at least.

What a fall guy.....

The fact is, no one outside those 5 provinces understands the problem. When the "agreement" was drawn up, were the natives consulted? Given the British past record I doubt it. We've booted natives off islands just to let the US use it as a base. The majority there are not Thai, and have no wish to be. The border crossed them. At least offer them autonomy in the majority Rawi speaking provinces, and go from there.

easy solution if justice was the on the agenda and not greed.

easy solution if justice was the on the agenda and not greed.

Chinese investors have invested millions down there. Note the move of rubber production from the south to isaan and laos

if they don't sort it out, the south will be an agricultural wasteland

I have a long memory. It seems to me no politician has ever developed a workable plan with the objective of bringing peace to the southern extremities of Thailand.

Although Thailand is a secular state no attempt has been made by any politician to addresse the needs of the people. administatively, academically, socially, or financially inaccordance with the tennets of the peoples faith.

Until the politicians attempt to understand the heartfelt anguish of the people of the South there cannot be a solution.

maybe they do not want peace. making war or making peace is a deliberate decision. just a thought

Good on Yingluck, she did go south

Yeah, it took her a week, but it's good she finally decided to follow my advice. tongue.png

Edited by Buchholz

>Good on Yingluck, she did go south

Yeah, it took her a week, but it's good she finally decided to follow my advice. tongue.png

Both the Head of the National Security Council & Yingluck have credited Thaksin for the "breakthrough"

>Good on Yingluck, she did go south

Both the Head of the National Security Council & Yingluck have credited Thaksin for the "breakthrough"

Not surprising that the figurative brother and the literal sister of Thaksin would attempt to give him credit for my idea. dry.png

Edited by Buchholz