Ladies....who Are You?

BKK90210

Divemistress - sadly you're stereotyping and it's comparable to the same tw*ts that denegrate western women. Judge individually this is what I do, instead lumping every western lad in the same container.

For most of us we just met someone we love and it happened to be a thai person.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well said Brit.

Although the amount of women who post this type of thing is minimal compared to the men that do, I for one don't want it on this section of the forum, just as I don't tolerate the farang women bashing either.

I say the same to dive mistress that I've said to numerous men on this forum, if your prefer non-farang that is your business but what ever your reasons you are not entitled to insult people for being from a certain sex or racial group or nationality. Well, at least not on here. :o

Anything seems a better alternative to a farang guy in Thailand.

And dare I ask whats wrong with a farang lad? :o

Ok i asnwered this question. IS it still bashing? I tried to avoid absolutes and yes it was a stereo type and yes i was generalizing. But really how many of you guys, and there seems to be many here, will even smile in a friendly way at a farang female?

Generalize all you want about western females. I dont care. Ive heard many generalization about why Thai girls are better then western. I for one will admit that I can see the attraction.

Anyways so you asked , or I thought you did........... SOLI!!!!!!!!!!!!

GAWD. Divemistress sounds a bit bitter me thinks????? Like Brit said you can't generalize like that. I met a gorgeous, intellectual, great conversationalist, farang man last night and spent 5 happy hours talking to him. (My husband was there !!!!!!!!)

Let go of some of your awful bitterness - life is not that bad!!!!!

Peace.......

We get some really terrific farang guys through our place too, some bozos but some really great ones too. Of course, the average age is under 30, so that may have something to do with it.

We get some really terrific farang guys through our place too, some bozos but some really great ones too. Of course, the average age is under 30, so that may have something to do with it.

I wonder, SBK, how do they react, in general, when they see you and find out you're married to your beloved Phangan husband...?

Just curious since many of those youngsters ( :o ) probably see a white Lady married to a Thai, for the first time in their life, don' they?...and I mean, in Thailand.

LaoPo

Everyone who meets me obviously meets my husband too, once they meet him all becomes clear. :o Seriously tho, most people find my husband intelligent, interesting and charming and find no difficulty in understand why I am here.

Truthfully, alot of people assume I came to Thailand to live, and then met my husband, or that the place is mine. When, really, I came to Thailand as a tourist, fell in love with my husband and then decided to live here. The place belongs to his family and has nothing to do with my money at all.

The only time I have ever encountered prejudicial or bigoted attitudes has been from older farang men who somehow assume that my husband is a gigolo or something. Interesting dichotomy considering how many guys here complain it is always women giving them dirty looks, don't you think? :D

I am in the same sitch as SBK and I find that most of our guests find it quite unusual that my husband is Thai, but essentially they think it's rather cool! We do get the nuts who stereotype Thai men of course and tell me that my husband will never be faithful because Thai men are not faithful. And I get a fair selection of older gay men who try to hit on my husband!!!!

I'd go out with a farang guy who grew up in Thailand (not that it is an option for me, as I am happy with my Aussie Viet). I wouldn't touch a backpacking farang or single expat male, though. I just don't think they would have the same perspective of Thailand that I do, that's all. I may be generalising, but that is my position on the matter.

Well, since I am married, I don't think I'd be going out with any of them either :o but I can see your point.

I think the idea wasn't necessarily about going out with farang men but the objection that so many of them are horrible. I know lots of nice farang guys that are not only backpackers but also living here. Know a few idiots too. Them, I avoid. Simple and easy as that, no need to generalize or make nasty comments about farang men, if you don't like the idiots, stay away from them!

It's not a question of them being idiots or womanisers or anything like that. When I have come into contact with these people, they always talk about Thailand from the viewpoint of an outsider. When I think of Bangkok, I think about things like shopping, ice skating, swimming, rollerblading, nightclubbing, great restaurants and the like. I don't think about temples, Khao San Road or night bazaars.

I might take visitors from overseas to see the sights, but I never hung around Bangkok's great landmarks as a teenager. So many backpackers have asked me if I have ever been to KSR and I have always replied no. I don't need to go to KSR for anything and don't think I have ever even been to Banglamphoo.

Well said Brit.

Although the amount of women who post this type of thing is minimal compared to the men that do, I for one don't want it on this section of the forum, just as I don't tolerate the farang women bashing either.

I say the same to dive mistress that I've said to numerous men on this forum, if your prefer non-farang that is your business but what ever your reasons you are not entitled to insult people for being from a certain sex or racial group or nationality. Well, at least not on here. :o

Is it OK to insult them based on age?

It's not a question of them being idiots or womanisers or anything like that. When I have come into contact with these people, they always talk about Thailand from the viewpoint of an outsider. When I think of Bangkok, I think about things like shopping, ice skating, swimming, rollerblading, nightclubbing, great restaurants and the like. I don't think about temples, Khao San Road or night bazaars.

I might take visitors from overseas to see the sights, but I never hung around Bangkok's great landmarks as a teenager. So many backpackers have asked me if I have ever been to KSR and I have always replied no. I don't need to go to KSR for anything and don't think I have ever even been to Banglamphoo.

:D That makes 2 of us :D ..and I haven't the urge to do so in the future...read enough :o

LaoPo

"When I think of Bangkok, I think about things like shopping, ice skating, swimming, rollerblading, nightclubbing, great restaurants and the like. I don't think about temples, Khao San Road or night bazaars. "

"When I think of Bangkok, I think about things like shopping, ice skating, swimming, rollerblading, nightclubbing, great restaurants and the like. I don't think about temples, Khao San Road or night bazaars. "

Skylar I think you are living in another world. temples, bazaars and KSR are part of Thailand.

Skylar I think you are living in another world. temples, bazaars and KSR are part of Thailand.

I am aware indeed that these things are indeed a part of Thailand. I never said that they were not. Temples, tourist attractions and backpacking areas however were not a part of my everyday life. During the five years I lived in Bangkok, I spent most of my time at school, on holiday in another country or in a different part of Thailand or going out with friends and family.

Skylar, I lived in BKK for five and a half years. My friends (Thai) and I would regularly go to the temples and wai phra. Now that I am on a 99% muslim island I really miss that. We often did the things that most regular tourists do as a special thing. But rather than just visiting and taking photos, we were there for the spiritual side of it.

KSR is more thai than farang these days, especially on a weekend!

Reading some of these posts... Anti-Western Female, Anti-Farang, Anti-Everything. My biggest question is. Does any of that matter? I've never thought of myself as an anomaly. The words that they are using are prejudice and bigotry, I know naughty words for just a little bashing and stereotyping. Why is it necessary to do any of that? My parents raised me to see individuals. I learned not to group anybody into anything. In every group there are people that are different, that don't fit into that particular stereotype.

I always try to be friendly with everyone I meet. I'm wary, that's due to the nature of where I'm at. I'm still friendly and give every individual the opportunity to show me who and what they're about. I had a boss of mine tell me that I must surely be prejudiced in at least some way. I respectfully disagreed. He went on to remind me that some Iraqis killed my best friend... He said "surely you hate the Iraqi's?" My response was "No, I don't... I hate the one's that killed him, I hate the one's that are like them, but the truth is, I pity the rest of the Iraqi people for all that they've had to go through". I know that there are people that engage in questionable behavior, or that are quick to form an opion about people or genders based on a bad experience. I wish we could get past that here. I mean do we always have to find a way to say something negative about someone else? We start almost every post up beat with an interesting topic, and always at some point one of us finds a way to throw out a little dig about others. We all have one thing in common and that's at least a fondness of Thailand, for whatever reasons. Maybe I think too much...

...would this be a good time to delurk and answer the 'Who are you?' question?

Single British girl living in Cairo at present, moving to Bangkok in August.

(Nice post, btw, Soic)

:D welcome to the forum.

Cairo :o and Bangkok :D ...wow...2 completely different worlds; from Mohammed moving to Buddha :D

I think you will enjoy the difference; hope so anyway.

LaoPo

Hi Everybody and Thank you! Sometimes I just wish we could forget the "what" we are and concentrate on the "who" we are... and "why" we are...

I'm a 43 year old male.... married to a wonderful Thai lady, that's almost my age. 39 to be exact. I work in Iraq, but we have a home and store in Buri-Ram province.

It's nice to meet everybody and be a part of a wonderful forum.

...would this be a good time to delurk and answer the 'Who are you?' question?

Single British girl living in Cairo at present, moving to Bangkok in August.

(Nice post, btw, Soic)

Welcome to Bangkok (for August!), SophiaP. I've met & know quite a few people that have been in Cairo (& middle-east) before coming to Thailand (teachers at int'l schools .... possibly the same as you, going by the time of year you're arriving) .... you'll probably find it quite different, but hopefully you'll enjoy living here!

Thanks for the welcome! I'm really looking forward to it - I know it's going to be very different from Egypt in a lot of ways, but it sounds like a fascinating place, and the Thai people sound smashing. I'm hoping that the weather here will help me to get acclimatized to the heat before too long (although the humidity will be another matter!) and I'm really looking forward to being in a Buddist country after living in a Muslim country. (Which isn't to disparage the latter - I've really enjoyed the experience of getting a deeper understanding of Islam, and there's nothing like being in a Muslim country for Ramadan!)

I'm hoping that I might be able to study meditation and perhaps Buddism too whilst I'm in Thailand. On the other hand, though, I'm keen to get involved with Am Dram and Singing and suchlike stuff, and to go and do the tourist thing. And to learn at least a wee bit of Thai. And I'm VERY much looking forward to the food!

• 2 weeks later...

Colonized, Chinese Indonesian Girl, In BKK going on 6th week for work. Enjoying the city much.. but still looking for that perfect partner in crime.. PM me for those who likes movies, travelling, good dining and sarcastic/blunt remarks .... :o

Hello..everyone ,

I am a Thai woman 100 % from Bangkok. But I am living in china for work. I have been in china for 2 years. I really miss Thailand so much. I like listen to Thai music and I always cry. Thai music make me feel better. and miss Thai food so much too..

'' Land of smiles '' '' The most beautiful woman in the world '' AlsoThailand is a peaceful country with friendly people.

I really hope to be back to Thailand again soon.

siam romance

siamromance

why not take the positives out of where you are instead of the negatives? china has a lot to offer too in the way of culture and scenery. you should get out and see the country whilst you have the opportunity.

i have lived in thailand for over 6 years now and have never regretted moving here. i love it. sure, i get homesick every now and then for a brief moment, but i like to see my glass as half full, not half empty.

you are lucky to be able to travel, as a vast number of thai people do not have the opportunity you currently have.

soak it up. gather stories to tell your family and friends when you come home. if you cry when you hear thai music, how can it be making you feel better? you should be smiling when you hear thai music.

i wish you luck over there. thailand will still be here when you return. no matter how long away that is.

keep smiling that wonderful thai smile and you will be ok.

Hello Donna,

Thanks so much for your reply. such a wonderful words from you. Yes, It's my frist time of traveling to abord. when I get homesick. I am going to carzy. and I don't know what to do..just cry in my bed room. It seems all I do is roam the street. I can't sleep and can't eat..so Donna, I will try to keep a smile on my face like you told me. But today you bought a smlie on my face by your poast reply. Thanks again, and I apprecicates that..

To Thailand

You are in the better place, I've heard a thousand times

And at least a thousand times, I have rejoiced for you

But the reason why I'm broken, the reason why I cry

Is how long must I wait to be with you?

I close my eyes and I see your face

If home's where my heart is then I am out of place

Would you give me to make it through

somehow

I have never been more homesick than now

Help me please cause, I don't understand your ways

The reason why I wonder if I'll never know

But even if you showed me, the hurt would be the same

Cause I'm still here so far away from home

saim romance

Yes, I know how you feel, when I first left home I lived in a small town in Taiwan. It was me, the two Mormon missionaries and 130,000 chinese people. Getting stared out, pointed at, etc got old really quickly.

At first I despaired of ever adjusting but, after awhile, when I tried to look at the positives (my Chinese improved drastically, the house I lived in was fabulous and the housekeeper made the best fried rice I have ever had) it made the whole experience bearable.

I have now lived away from my home for 17 years and do miss it awfully sometimes but I try to remember what I love about my life here then: my husband, my home, my dogs, my lovely beach location.

Think about the benefits and good things you are receiving. Sometimes it helps to sit down and make a list of both the good and bad. Then you can decide if there are things you can do to make it better and it reminds you that it isn't so awful after all.

Hang in there!