Tv Almost Not Opening

mistitikimikis

I seemed to be the only one as I couldn't find a topic about this, but exactly since the Valentine's weekend it was almost not possible to enter the site anymore: jumping (as usual) through a massive amount of statistics etc. (lower left-hand side corner of the computer) and all of a sudden stuck in one or other (always different) stat, gravetar, you name it.

A seperate computer, but on the same line, the same problem.

Closing down, "cleaning" cache and cookies brought nothing.

Now, since a day or so no problems anymore.

Once I had the same with Bangkok Post for several weeks, a complaint without answer (of course) and all of a sudden everything smooth again.

Can somebody explain what could be the reason??

Thanks

Guessed it would be True. Has been happening for me for about a week, but today is ok. Suggest you try the True proxy (proxytrueinternet.co.th on port 8080)., this might solve the problem.

Seems to happen for various sites with True, sometimes a site will later be slow/unavailable with the proxy, then you have to revert to original.

Thanks for your reply! I'll ask somebody for help because I'm a dummey with these things and the Thai language. Otherwise it's time to make a mess at TRUE again........................... I'm really FED-UP with TRUE but no more choice than 3BB.

Speedtest is coming out since weeks already as they switch-on and off in milli-seconds 10.000 Volts on the line if you see what I mean.

What browser are you using ??

As an aside... despite the routing problems that True sometimes have and the need to swap to/from their proxy, I'm pretty happy with their 14/1.4 DOCSIS service, speeds are pretty good, well seeded torrents can max out the line, plus with the 'surge', that was recently introduced, can download at up to 30Mb/sec for short periods. Also international speed is usually, but not always, enough to stream HD from BBC iPlayer.

Firefox

When I had their "Super" 14 / 1 I suffered almost a year with short cut-outs wherafter a (local) TRUE-technician finally adviced to bring my contract back to 10 / 1 (ouch, TRUE angry about that advice!). Since than it was some months quit "good" but now the speed-test seems to be mao lao (drunk). Anyway, I'm not married with TV and with the BKK Post no problem anymore.

If you want to set a proxy...Click the firefox logo (top left),click 'options'. In options menu click 'advanced'. Then click 'network' then 'settings' You should now see a selection of proxy options. Make a note of what it is set to now.

Then select the 'Manual proxy configuration' box. In the HTTP Proxy box enter 'proxy.trueinternet.co.th' (without the quotes). In the 'port' box enter 8080 next tick the box 'use this proxy server for all protocols' . Thats done. click ok at the bottom to clear the options boxes. The browsers is now configured to use the True proxy. To revert go back to the same proxy setting window and tick the box you had originally (probably 'no proxy' or 'use system proxy')

• Like 1