Urgent Request Blood Ubon

sammycic

We have found one donor from the muay thai school and may have two others. now checking the schools. Getting a rare blood group out of another thai hospital is like trying to get blood out a stone.

Why do they say that he doesn't need anymore blood? Would somebody show up at the hospital to donate blood, would they send him/her away?

Hope you'll have good luck...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont understand why they are saying this. We are o.k. at the moment, no they will definately take a blood donation.

Might be that it's always crowded,as they have to take all patients, covering a big area. Please make sure that they don't bring your friend to building three. There're all sorts of virus and bacterial infections, easy to get, especially when you're so weak.

This is coming from a doctor who works there. They don't have the place/money to separate patients with serious diseases. Many people there die because they catch something.

Cheers- wai2.gif . .

Helmuth is still in ICU but is pulling through. I read some of the above posts. Not sure why the German Embassy had to be contacted. Helmuth is an Australian. Been a smallholder farmer in Australia for nearly 40 years. An independent person who gives out but never takes. The blood problem is being sorted out but if anyone with HEALTHY RH negative blood is nearby please donate in Ubon as you never know, Helmuth may need it again or you may need it yourself.

• Like 1

Helmuth is still in ICU but is pulling through. I read some of the above posts. Not sure why the German Embassy had to be contacted. Helmuth is an Australian. Been a smallholder farmer in Australia for nearly 40 years. An independent person who gives out but never takes. The blood problem is being sorted out but if anyone with HEALTHY RH negative blood is nearby please donate in Ubon as you never know, Helmuth may need it again or you may need it yourself.

Michael, I didn't get in touch with the German embassy. It's an organisation to help foreigners who live here in Thailand, called DHV. They're very nice and helpful.

That was just one way to get help, but the doctors had told them on the phone (twice) that he wouldn't need more blood.

And when it comes to rare blood, there's no nationality problem, or? Even German blood for an Aussie would have done it, I guess.--wai.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

Latest news on Helmuth. He is doing well in recovery and all is well.

We had an english man donate blood this morning and 4 units arrived from Bangkok last night.

The hospital has enough blood for the time but as this a very hard to get blood group we would welcome any donors in the immediate Ubon area to donate.

We need A- or O-.

Tony and I would like to sincerely thank everyone who offered their help and especially the donors who made the operation possible.

If you have A neg blood please donate at your local hospital as we were very lucky to be able to help Helmuth survive.

Cheers and thanks once again Jeff & Tony.

This is great news, so glad that blood was found!
  • Like 1