Looking For A Web Designer

Milk

hi,

I am looking for a relatively experience freelance web designer/programmer to build a travel/hotel booking website. Prefably with a portfolio comprising of other travel site/s. He/She will have to know how to incoporate java, forms, as well as integrating an online payment gateway system on the page. Budget 20,000 - 25,000.

Please contact me by replying to this post and we can discuss further from there.

M

You'll be lucky with that budget. Assuming that's Baht, of course, US Dollars may be a different story...

Absolutely right....this Budget will not attract a lot of Webdesigners....i do that as a "hobby"(and i am not calling myself even webdesigner) but won't start anything under 20000 Baht...and thats an Advertising -supported website with free domain included.

anyways good luck,

rcm :o

I think you're asking an awful lot for that kind of money, I think it must be at least 4 weeks work. And at quite a high level, a UK price for such a site would be £2-3000 minimum.

Good Luck

At that price, no wondered all the EU website designs job has been outsource to india.

No let us get this right!!! The work was outsourced but the quality seems to have remained at home. You get what you pay for.

Correct mouse. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

I have a friend that wanted to start an on-line shop. Minimum quote was 110K Baht :o

a friend of mine got 20k just to do the backhouse on the Res. system for one hotel in Hua Hin ... who would possibly be interested in doing the amount of work for a full travel site for so little ....???

hi,

I am looking for a relatively experience freelance web designer/programmer to build a travel/hotel booking website. Prefably with a portfolio comprising of other travel site/s. He/She will have to know how to incoporate java, forms, as well as integrating an online payment gateway system on the page. Budget 20,000 - 25,000.

Please contact me by replying to this post and we can discuss further from there.

M

I have to add that though i am a web designer for low-to mid level websites I can pass the offer onto a collegue of mine. But offering a paltry 25K for all that is way lower than even desperate webmasters would take on so good luck finding a dude to do it!

The crux of it is that you want a lot doing for bugger all! An online payment gateway system is absolutely bitchin' to set up!

Most webmasters would charge upwards from 25K for a basic set of webpages without forms or online merchant banking!

No let us get this right!!! The work was outsourced but the quality seems to have remained at home. You get what you pay for.

I have a friend that wanted to start an on-line shop. Minimum quote was 110K Baht :o

If the online shop was to have full online credit card validation and payment, as well as stock list management and so-on, that's a pretty cheap price.

If the online shop was to have full online credit card validation and payment, as well as stock list management and so-on, that's a pretty cheap price.

No merchant banking included in that price. And no stock management either. Just a hosted web site where he had to do all the input / transactions /uploads etc etc....!! But he was informed that for a further 40K bht, it could have 2 languages :D

He ended up using ebay and has trouble keeping up with demand :D Not eveyones cup of tea I am sure, but in this instance, ebay was fine.

You will probably find someone in Thailand who will agree to work for that. Don't expect it to really be finished or properly working though.

A client of mine told me he got a 30,000 baht quotation for a full PHP-based site. Graphic Design, forms, javascript, add, update, delete, search listings, Flash components, content management system, newlestter, everything.

He took it and all the developer achieved in 2 months of work was to design a logo for him. Then he moved to another company who promised they'd do it for 60K. They did most of it, but disappeared when it came to fixing the endless bugs. Then he came to us.

Trying to go for the cheapest solution, especially for a dynamic site, usually means you end up paying double and triple for fixes and updates, redesign of graphic and database, redo this, redo that.. Good luck.