Where Are The Best Tents That Buy Cars?

WhiteCadillac

Just drive down big tree road towards Lamphun as far as Saraphi and ask each dealer, then the area around the crossroads between JJ market and NE corner of the moat.

Check how much your car is worth on one2car and cars4thais first. Expect to take no more than 20% less at a tent.

Most of them don't even buy your car but will accept consignment only.

(Or, when they feel you are desperate they will offer peanuts....)

Consignment: Leave the car and a copy of the book,... You tell them how much you want for it and they will sell at the highest price possible and keep the profit.

At the moment a buyer shows and start bargaining they will call you and ask for an additional discount blablabla (so they can keep their original profit margin) and squeezing you more.

Ohh yes,.... they will clean the car and steam the engine,.... maybe even throw some quick paint job here and there..... and charge you for it.

Stay away from them as they are only used by people who are desperate for money.

Try to find a good busy location and drop the car there with your phone number on the roof and use the many classifieds websites.

Worked for me much better than those "tents"

Edited by KhunVee

That is the worst possible way to sell a car. You will be given peanuts for it.

You may be right but I sold my first Thai vehicle at one of these 'tents' many years ago and got a good price. Bought new Bt.220,000 (those were the days! ;-), sold 4 years later for Bt.180,000. The original dealer only offered me 160,000.