Re Average Approval Time For Australian Spouse Visa

Hello anyone know on Average from the lodgement and payment date for a straight forward no dependants spouse visa lodged at the Australian embassy in Bangkok

how long it takes to get approved these days.????

The reason im asking my brother lodge all documents 4 months ago at the Aust Embassy.Now to be told in a email to him yesterday ....According to the current planning levels, it is expected that your case will be

finalised in approximately 12-16 weeks from the date of this email..........Making it 7 to 8 months to get approval .......My question is this the norm these days from the Aust embassy in Bangkok to approve spousal visas

I might add his wife has not yet had a personal interview yet with any case manager.Neither have been married before no dependants and have now been married to each other for 6 years and his wife works for US embassy in .BKK

any constructed comments would ad appreciatet this time

• 2 weeks later...

We submitted our application on 2-Nov-12, got medical tests done on 3-Dec-12 and got visa approval email on 11-Mar-13. So overall took us 3+ months to get our spouse visa. We were told that it may take 6 months for normal application and 12 months for risky case.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Any updates from members on this topic?

Our situation is as follows

Submitted application in November 2012

A few further docs were asked and the complete application was sent from the case officer to the person who makes the decision in early February (no interview)

I received an email from the case officer recently stating that the person who makes the final decision is currently reviewing apps lodged in January 2013.

Any other info from members?

Spouse visa, is that the fiancee 300 visa?

Took us 9 months. The next visa which is the partner visa done from here in Australia was very quick. Matter of days.

End of day, there's no 2 cases the same. Patience however is.

Edited by krisb

Well I must admit I am very happy with the Embassy,

As mentioned above in another post of mine we submitted our application last November . A few other docs were required and the complete app was finished in December.

Last week we received the great news that my wife's visa was granted. Permanant Resident visa (sub class 100) in about 5 months. In some ways our application was complicated and in other ways it wss straight forward.

Obviously we are very impressed with the Embassy. I found all staff I spoke with to be very friendly and helpfull.

So if you are waiting for a visa to come through take heart in so far as it may not take 8 months or more.

Edited by JackRyan
  • Like 1

Well I must admit I am very happy with the Embassy,

As mentioned above in another post of mine we submitted our application last November . A few other docs were required and the complete app was finished in December.

Last week we received the great news that my wife's visa was granted. Permanant resident visa (class 100) in about 5 months. In some ways our application was complicated and in other ways it wss straight forward.

Obviously we are very impressed with the Embassy. I found all staff I spoke with to be very friendly and helpfull.

So if you are waiting for a visa to come through take heart in so far as it may not take 8 months or more.

Congrats - I must say in my previous dealings with the BKK Embassy they have been professional and helpful.